Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

marko93 wrote: »
    My only problem, this is all I have to play on it atm till I find my other games.

It's a pretty cool game if you're into that sort of thing. I picked it up a few months ago for about €6-7 with box, tray and manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

waveform wrote: »
    Even back in the day in Ireland yeah?

Yep, I think I remember a few of my mates had them during the golden years (16bit era :D).
    I guess the main reason I didn't know about them is the fact I never, ever owned a Nintendo product up until i bought the Super Famicom 2 years ago! :P

Ah, that's probably it. They're pretty cool, & do actually offer a new way to play the games rather than being a mere novelty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

It's a pretty cool game if you're into that sort of thing. I picked it up a few months ago for about €6-7 with box, tray and manual.

I actually gave it a go from my old save, I had a serious ole deck. Actually a good little game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

marko93 wrote: »
    My only problem, this is all I have to play on it atm till I find my other games.

14318227747_11d09300b6.jpg
    I dunno if you're into YGO or not but Sacred Cards is much better, it's kinda easy but I found it fun, it follows the Battlecity series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son just added Pokemon Y to what is rapidly being described as "our games collection"
    Looks pretty great on his 2DS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My son just added Pokemon Y to what is rapidly being described as "our games collection"
    Looks pretty great on his 2DS.

Is it because you want his games or vice versa? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

jVz0KTz.jpg

Just the Famicom N8 to get now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up a nice Super Famicom today, I'll have none of the purple USA nonsense in my house...

14507515885_ac83b2b459_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Picked up a nice Super Famicom today, I'll have none of the purple USA nonsense in my house..

Damn right! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well forgive me for being a fan of end labels and a console with some sick 90° angles fellas!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Sera wrote: »
    I dunno if you're into YGO or not but Sacred Cards is much better, it's kinda easy but I found it fun, it follows the Battlecity series.

I'll keep an eye out for it! :D

I really need to pick up some games for it, I found what I have

Megaman Zero 2
    YGO
    Duel Masters
    Pokemon Crystal

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Well forgive me for being a fan of end labels and a console with some sick 90° angles fellas!

And probably paid for by waving your todger at ladies :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not retro but traded the awful Black Ops 2 on the WiiU for Need for Speed Most Wanted, also on the WiiU.
    Looks like a fine game and, aside from the mystifying lack of analogue triggers, plays great.
    Pity EA had to bugger off and stopping stuff for the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

think you bought the wrong game

mLbqudM10kPXI_4ftiwjfew.jpg

think you bought the wrong game

mLbqudM10kPXI_4ftiwjfew.jpg

Oh, I still have my launch copy of that for my long deceased 360.
    It was the first Need for Speed title I enjoyed after Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2.
    As I've said before, the Underground titles left me quite cold.
    Sadly, they back pedalled with Carbon afterwards.

I don't always think Criterions take over of the series was a good thing, now everything feels like a Burnout game, Burnout Paradise to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Funnily enough, I picked this up last week.

6r8brwFl.jpg

Still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

tumblr_n7s1b4WbJn1tep2leo1_1280.jpg

I’m not gonna buy more games, I’m not gonna buy more games oh wait I just did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

DS gaming's become the 'go-to' since just about everything, save for a couple of 1st party big-hitters, are going for pennies. That sweet, blissful timeframe between a console being last-gen and becoming the retro-collector's domain.

Master of the Universe

I must get on this DS buying bandwagon, I only own two DS games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    DS gaming's become the 'go-to' since just about everything, save for a couple of 1st party big-hitters, are going for pennies. That sweet, blissful timeframe between a console being last-gen and becoming the retro-collector's domain.

I'm hoping to pick up about 20 titles for 360 in this exact time frame.

eg Bioshock Infinite is still about €15 new. I want it and will get it but not for €15.

Come on now people go to the new consoles already and let me get some cheapass 360 games! :D

I picked up bioshock infinite on the steam sale for 10er with 1&2
    have played through 1&2 so looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Parawind

Finally arrived, not for everyone however i am genuinely excited!

sc5ds5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah the Aussie version

Master of the Universe

I usually 'don't do clones' but this thing looks to be of really high quality and the whole save state thing with original carts is really interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    I usually 'don't do clones' but this thing looks to be of really high quality and the whole save state thing with original carts is really interesting.

Not sure I'd use that term to describe it to be fair, not from looking at that youtube review posted here a while back anyway. Naff controller and no flash cart support were two things I remember, also needing Arnie-like muscles to remove carts was another. Has some plus points though and obviously there's a market for it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

o1s1n wrote: »

Yeah, someone might finally be able to beat Ghosts 'n Goblins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I need a new fridge freezer, fuuu will post details as soon as it arrives...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭MrVestek

safetyboy wrote: »
    I need a new fridge freezer, fuuu will post details as soon as it arrives...

Sounds cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Parawind

Yeah, someone might finally be able to beat Ghosts 'n Goblins.

Ha that was my first thought lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement