Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cormac... wrote: »
    This sentence will be extrapolated about 1,000 times come review times :pac:

Aye lol.

Thing is, I don't know if it's a bad thing. What i got out of it, was a tf2, but with blizzard type quality.

On top of that it is a lot more different classes. It's still fun cool game, just not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Beta starting 27th October in EU and US. Any interest in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Looks great fun, did invites go out or is it a open beta?

It's closed beta with a small number of invites, open weekends for stress testing. Looks like invites won't be sent until the 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

First wave went out there today, prominent streamers of course being looked after. Two lads on my bnet list playing it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cannot wait to get my hands on this, wonder will they have beta keys for sale like HOTS?

Watching a few streams at the moment, went onto your man lirik stream and left after 5 mins, that guy has a major problem with F this F that,**** this **** that, never heard anything like him,its beyond me how he has so many followers and subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Dcully wrote: »
    Cannot wait to get my hands on this, wonder will they have beta keys for sale like HOTS?

Its account flagging for this beta at least. Managed to get an invite, weird thing is, I forgot I had signed up to the beta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anyone wrote: »
    Its account flagging for this beta at least. Managed to get an invite, weird thing is, I forgot I had signed up to the beta.

Nice one on getting an invite. Watched Ellohime's beta gameplay vid on YT and it looks great fun. Have they mentioned a release date or timeframe of any kind? Are we talking this year or next even?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

No hats? Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Pootis

It looks very promising. Anyone have a rough release date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Pootis wrote: »
    It looks very promising. Anyone have a rough release date?

Hearthstone spent a long time in beta and Heroes of the storm spent even longer. It's going to be a while.

Oh ok dang thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

TheDoc wrote: »
    First wave went out there today, prominent streamers of course being looked after. Two lads on my bnet list playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

Is this going to be Free to Play, or something else? I haven't seen that mentioned yet.

I hear it's free to play don't quote me though.

Really wish it wasn't! i know being Blizz they won't add pay to win elements to it but i like to own a game completely and earn skins and cosmetic stuff playing the game instead of having to buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Blizzard would be mad not the have this as F2P. They could just copy League of Legends model and make truckloads of cash.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

F2P with skins; the only question is if they will add heroes to buy or not down the line if I was to guess.

Did anyone manage to get an invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Overwatch : Origins edition is coming to PC, Xbox One and PS4 before June 21st 2016! On my phone so can't link it easily but I'm not sure what the plan is with f2p on PC now as the console versions are going to retail at least.

• Advertisement

Blizzard would be mad not the have this as F2P. They could just copy League of Legends model and make truckloads of cash.

I'd like to see how much TF2 has made over the years.
    It's been F2P and never went down the PayToWin route, and all DLC or extra content was free to all (Maps etc).
    Even the weapons and skins you could buy are possible to get via drops (Except those from other game promotions)

Hopefully Overwatch goes down this route, and takes it's lessons from TF2...which by gameplay and characters it looks like it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I've watched a number of videos on it now and it looks great fun.
    Really want to try it out as the beta looks very polished too.

No more invites until after Blizzcon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'd like to see how much TF2 has made over the years.
    It's been F2P and never went down the PayToWin route, and all DLC or extra content was free to all (Maps etc).
    Even the weapons and skins you could buy are possible to get via drops (Except those from other game promotions)

Hopefully Overwatch goes down this route, and takes it's lessons from TF2...which by gameplay and characters it looks like it has.

For anyone else who didn't have a clue

Except that is Battleborn and not Overwatch.

Also that guy is suspiciously overbearing in his praise of the game.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Except that is Battleborn and not Overwatch.

Also that guy is suspiciously overbearing in his praise of the game.

WTF sorry, I had 2 threads open and somehow managed to merge both posts into 1 Derp :confused::o

Collectors edition up on amazon for $130. So it doesn't look like its free to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Jet Black wrote: »
    Collectors edition up on amazon for $130. So it doesn't look like its free to play.
    Well Heroes of the storm also come in editions to be bought but that does not make the game any less free to play...

Thankfully it doesn't look F2P

Update 3:02 PM EST: Overwatch launches Spring 2016.
    Update 3:01 PM EST: Pre-purchasing gives a Widowmaker skin.
    Update 3:00 PM EST: The collector's edition comes with the soundtrack, art book, and Solider 76 statue.
    Update 2:59 PM EST: Overwatch is coming to console and PC at the same time.
    Update 2:55 PM EST: Overwatch will include all 21 heroes, maps, content, and features when you buy it. The Origins version will include 5 skins, along with some content for other Blizzard games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch-origins

€59.99 for the digital origins edition. Seems a bit on the pricey side to be honest. Thought it would aim for the 30 quid mark or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Burgo wrote: »
    https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch-origins

€59.99 for the digital origins edition. Seems a bit on the pricey side to be honest. Thought it would aim for the 30 quid mark or there abouts.

The standard edition is only €40. If you don't want the other stuff (the skins will be separate at some point, and the stuff for other games is only relevant if you're invested in other Blizzard games) there's no reason to buy the Origins edition.

I'll be getting the Origins bundle anyway, if only for Tracer in Heroes and the Hearthstone card back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The standard edition is only €40. If you don't want the other stuff (the skins will be separate at some point, and the stuff for other games is only relevant if you're invested in other Blizzard games) there's no reason to buy the Origins edition.

I'll be getting the Origins bundle anyway, if only for Tracer in Heroes and the Hearthstone card back.

Console version is origins and collector only.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement