Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Finally got to enjoy lag free gaming.

I found someone on Youtube that had the same issue. It is caused by a program that came with my motherboard. Asus's ROG Game First program. I uninstalled it and bam.. no more lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I'm loving it so far but really, really reluctant to pay 60 quid for something that looks primed to be riddled with micro transactionns

It's available for €36 pre-order through the usual sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I'm in love with this game. I like that every character can be hard-countered by a few others, you just need to learn to switch characters in-game if needed. I've been playing a lot of support, mainly because no one else will but the class can really help get the win. Favourite characters to play so far are Genji and Reinhardt.

For those complaining about Bastion's turret, try out Genji. His deflect ability sends Bastion's bullets back at him and kills him faster than he can stop shooting.

I liked bastion on defence until I got mullered 4 times in one round by genji.

Love the game but it needs teams to be able to quickly switch characters to suit the needs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm loving it so far but really, really reluctant to pay 60 quid for something that looks primed to be riddled with micro transactionns
    But said micro transactions will be for cosmetic stuff; Blizzard has stated that any maps or new characters will be 100% free.

• Administrators Posts: 53,326 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This game is seriously fun.

I like how you actually need a variety of character types to win. I just run around as Mercy constantly healing, buffing and reviving, always have 0 kills at the end of rounds but still flying up the levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Loving the open beta, just the right balance of accessibility and complexity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Very, very impressed with the game. I'm just wondering if it'll keep my interest for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Fun game. not sure about longevity.

Maps aren't the best. flanking routes are not great, way too many bottlenecks.

Art is excellent and the effort put into each character is insane. 10 skins each at launch ? Nuts.

Do you get anything for winning the vote at the end? It doesn't seem ike it

• Administrators Posts: 53,326 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Extra points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

With Tracer, blinked into the middle of 3 players, dropped a mine, rewound to original position. Eliminated 3 players.

But some robot spraying a gatling gun around the place gets play of the game. Where's the style in that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Why is it saying "game installing" when it's been like that for about an hour? Don't tell me I've to sit through the tutorials before it unlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

enjoying it so far. so many characters to try out, great level design.

graphics seem a bit meh?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,468 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

froog wrote: »
    enjoying it so far. so many characters to try out, great level design.

graphics seem a bit meh?

Game looks fantastic to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »
    With Tracer, blinked into the middle of 3 players, dropped a mine, rewound to original position. Eliminated 3 players.

But some robot spraying a gatling gun around the place gets play of the game. Where's the style in that?!

yeah it seems to just run on numbers, damage or/plus kill count..

I was playing reaper and ran into a capping area and ulted and killed 4 people and pretty much taking the position solo, total slick. But some robot turns into a tank in a corridor and spams his cannon at 4 people point blank killing them picks up the play.. lame! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I got a double-kill with D.Va by just boosting into them :pac:

This game is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,468 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I really hope they introduce a team deathmatch mode in the final game, not for myself but for all the people who want one and treat the objective based game types as one anyway. Played a game last night with 3 Reapers on my team, and we were Defence.

The game does shine with cooperation, I'll hardly ever use ingame chat but I'm glad to see quite a few are, at least in the beta, even playing with one friend helps a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

And groups of friends just upvoting each other, seen it on streams too, even when 1 player clearly carried or was the one making the effort. But at least the 'reward' isn't substantial, so nothing to care too much about.

I agree with the 'bottlenecks though' , also the maps seems a good size, but the areas used are always that near the capture or choke points and never in between. I think creating something akin to the Engineers 'tele' like in TF2 could help with this.

And finally regarding pricing, I can see some sites have the 'region locked' product. I am able to buy it in the US via paypal...but I need the KR version...but Battle.net KR doesn't do paypal...and you need Internet Explorer and plugins and all manner of crap to get the game. I need to find a region free one...but I'll wait till release date anyways for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

SeantheMan wrote: »
    AI think creating something akin to the Engineers 'tele' like in TF2 could help with this.
    Already in the game :P

Nody wrote: »
    Already in the game :P

Who/What ? not seen it yet.
    I only seen the one engy guy....and he only has a turret

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Who/What ? not seen it yet.
    I only seen the one engy guy....and he only has a turret

Yeah the black burd with the dreds can hook up the teleport, alot faster than engies too, no charge up crap :D

EDIT: (just reading about it, you only need to place the exit and the entry appears in spawn and it blows after 6 uses, so needs to be replaced frequently.. Symmetra is the characters name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm enjoying this a lot and I think i've been convinced to buy it. Im finding rather than the game its the teammates that can be incredibly frustrating at times. Too many like to sit back rather then getting on the objectives, too many sniper wannabees etc. A lot like TF2 in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

I'm enjoying this a lot and I think i've been convinced to buy it. Im finding rather than the game its the teammates that can be incredibly frustrating at times. Too many like to sit back rather then getting on the objectives, too many sniper wannabees etc. A lot like TF2 in that regard.

and people are very reluctant to change class when needed. just had a game with three widowmakers on my team for the whole game. steamrolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just got ruined by a team defending with 2 Bastions guarded by 2 Reinhart Shields up, a Widowmaker and healer.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,119 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

and people are very reluctant to change class when needed. just had a game with three widowmakers on my team for the whole game. steamrolled.

And it's something that literally win you the match at times. The last night we had the payload inches from the final checkpoint in overtime, not looking good as the enemy were well dug in with turrets mowing us down. One of the lads thinks to change out to Winston, jumps on the payload and pops the shield and the win was in the bag.

Sure add me neeel#11514

I've started playing the Random heroes one.
    It's very good and fun, and forces people to play new champs.

But it can get a bit one sided if one team get's suitable champs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just had my first few games of it there, it's very enjoyable. I wasn't sure if I'd get it or not, but I think this weekend is helping to convince me. I seem to connect with it more readily than I did Battleborn (yes, I know, not the same game, but they're fighting for the same thing - my time :D).

Back to it I think, between Dreadnought last weekend and Overwatch this one, I feel like a professional beta tester :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Very enjoyable game. Feels like it might suffer from becoming repetitive fast, but extremely enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Symmetra on Defence is amazing :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement