Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to unfriend Steve Bailey on Facebook. Its too hazardous for the wallet :)
    He does have some reasonable priced stuff though.

He's dangerous alright. I almost got a man divorced once by mentioning his name! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,371 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

He seems to do pretty well for himself too, I wonder how much he's raking in per week via facebook alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    He seems to do pretty well for himself too, I wonder how much he's raking in per week via facebook alone.

I'd say he does well, he sells pretty much anything he puts up. And then he's got the site and eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I think that once you start buying from him you don't really stop, that's the problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I think it might have been CathalDublin or Keithgeo (could be wrong) that bought a pcb which came delivered in a used pizza box. That's some piss take by the seller right there! Unless they thought he was a Ninja Turtle or something. :D

Dont think it was me, i do remember hearing the story on here alright.

• Advertisement

I think that once you start buying from him you don't really stop, that's the problem.

Yeah, I did a test run on something small to see how the process worked out. Worked smooth as butter so now seem to be buying from him daily :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dont think it was me, i do remember hearing the story on here alright.

Was it not Ciderman getting stuff from an Italian ebayer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had awful trouble with an Italian seller on eBay, can't recall what the game was now though...
    But he was an @rsehole to be sure

I got an Astro Wars delivered to my office in a Pampers nappy box one time. Was really awkward as it went to reception as all packages did in that place! I think I posted pics of it here at the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I got an Astro Wars delivered to my office in a Pampers nappy box one time. Was really awkward as it went to reception as all packages did in that place! I think I posted pics of it here at the time.

Can imagine that was awkward as hell alright. What excuse did you use - weekend fetish or impending fatherhood? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Gotten 2 games in a box of cat foot. One of those 12 sachets Felix boxes, pretty sturdy box aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Was the pizza box not o1s1n?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I don't remember that at all! I'm roaring laughing just imagining it, dog is not impressed

I don't remember that at all! I'm roaring laughing just imagining it, dog is not impressed

Jumbo Pampers :(

0XR76Lc.jpg

wEhg6qQ.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pampers are usually for the safe containing of sh1t, so odd there wasn't a CDi game or two in there!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Pampers are usually for the safe containing of sh1t, so odd there wasn't a CDi game or two in there!
    will-smith-laugh-163297.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gotten 2 games in a box of cat foot. One of those 12 sachets Felix boxes, pretty sturdy box aswell

I've used the super valu ones for gameboy boxes with a bit of bubbly wrap. Fairly good.
    I've also used tea bag boxes in the past and they've done the job.
    I'm sure some of us have gotten stuff from me in such boxes.

The biggest problem I had in posting was a Lego Death Star. Went around begging the shops for a box.
    Eventually got one from Ken Blacks that was for baby car seats.
    The face one the one in the post office when I came in with the box, it was massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just saw that John Romero will be at Dublin Comic Con this August.

Don't know if they had it last year or not as I've never been but they'll be having a 'Game On' section there this year along a gaming discussion panel.

Official blurb:

"Expect multiplayer events, retro & arcade games, virtual reality experiences, games and animation workshops, Irish game devs showcasing their new titles and loads more going on"

Master of the Universe

Opportunity to have an N64 Daikatana signed? :D

Master of the Universe

Opportunity to have an N64 Daikatana signed? :D

Sterling value dropping due to Brexit! Time to hit eBay.co.uk! Buy but buy!

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Just saw that John Romero will be at Dublin Comic Con this August.

Don't know if they had it last year or not as I've never been but they'll be having a 'Game On' section there this year along a gaming discussion panel.

Official blurb:

"Expect multiplayer events, retro & arcade games, virtual reality experiences, games and animation workshops, Irish game devs showcasing their new titles and loads more going on"
    I think he's going to Brocon too in July and has a panel on Saturday, if you're already going to DCC you're better off to just go to that.
    I can't remember when my flight back from London is, rather I'll miss it or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,779 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you really want to talk to him I'd say go to Brocon. He's been very approachable in the Irish indie scene and very open about his work. Brocon won't be as packed and usually the guests get quite involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭Doge

SN46Uqh.jpg

Master of the Universe

Can no longer afford TP for his bunghole :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Can no longer afford TP for his bunghole :(

I never knew what that stood for until after I had stopped watching the show. :o

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I never knew what that stood for until after I had stopped watching the show. :o

Haha! I always thought he was saying 'teepee' as in a wigwam. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doge wrote: »
    SN46Uqh.jpg

Public body shaming, I'm contacting my lawyers

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

My attic is nearly done, finally getting to unpack my stuff, played my super nintendo for the first time in about a year and half last week. Still need to tidy and sort some stuff out, get the surround sound and projector in but its getting there! It looks smaller than it is in these pics for some reason.

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Very nice Mr Prime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

is that the 'Holy f£$k' sized Devastator reissue from last year there?
    W-A-N-T!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement