Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Didn't know they still did that ****e, their awful website doesn't want to let me log in either. :mad:

I had that problem on the Wii U. I can log in fine on my phone, but when I try to link my Club Nintendo account in the eShop it says the login information is wrong

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I had that problem on the Wii U. I can log in fine on my phone, but when I try to link my Club Nintendo account in the eShop it says the login information is wrong

Not sure it's the same thing. Never had a problem logging into their site before but not today unfortunately, using Chrome or IE. Clicking the Login button just does nothing and the Stars Catalogue or My Account pages don't load at all. Think I've about 7500 stars to spend. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Same issue for me. Was working fine on the iPad and went to order something. Just hung on the final page, then tried using a pc and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm looking to put a fax machine in the jacks in honour of this coming year. .
    Maybe then Fujitsu might become an actual Japanese family name. Atavan will back me up on that.

Of course I'm referring to Marty's boss.

Not sure it's the same thing. Never had a problem logging into their site before but not today unfortunately, using Chrome or IE. Clicking the Login button just does nothing and the Stars Catalogue or My Account pages don't load at all. Think I've about 7500 stars to spend. :rolleyes:

Oh right, I just assumed you couldn't log in at all, ha.

I haven't tried it today, but I don't have any stars about to expire anyway. The only thing on it that I was mildly interested in was the Yoshi Plush, but that sold out a while ago and you could probably get it elsewhere at better value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No fun if you spend all your time falling off of Rainbow Road.
    Especially if playing a cheating fecker like Retr0!

A friend of mine a few years ago, challenged me to a game on snes rainbow road, me playing normally, him with his feet. I accepted the bet. I even managed to knock him off right at the start of the first lap!

By the end I was a fricking nervous wreck, if there was one more lap he would have won, it was like being chased by a predator or something, needless to say he's pretty good at mariokart playing normally

Oh right, I just assumed you couldn't log in at all, ha.

I haven't tried it today, but I don't have any stars about to expire anyway. The only thing on it that I was mildly interested in was the Yoshi Plush, but that sold out a while ago and you could probably get it elsewhere at better value.

Managed to login now. Says I have 0 stars expiring at the end of Dec 2014 so presumably I'm safe for the time being. Nothing really takes my fancy in the catalogue so will hold onto them for the time being. Phew. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BRAAAAAAHS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Managed to login now. Says I have 0 stars expiring at the end of Dec 2014 so presumably I'm safe for the time being. Nothing really takes my fancy in the catalogue so will hold onto them for the time being. Phew. :)

Yeah none of mine disappeared overnight, it now says I've 50 stars expiring at the end of Jan. Yesterday it said 1500 were expiring at the end of Dec '14 :rolleyes: I'll hold off & see if anything worthwhile comes up on it. A Snes Wii Upad would be nice Ninty!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,284 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So you mean you didn't spend it all on ringtones and mobile phone wallpapers?

Seriously, I can't believe they're offering them on the store. The concept is hideously out of date.

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yeah none of mine disappeared overnight, it now says I've 50 stars expiring at the end of Jan. Yesterday it said 1500 were expiring at the end of Dec '14 :rolleyes: I'll hold off & see if anything worthwhile comes up on it. A Snes Wii Upad would be nice Ninty!

Aye, something you can't get handy in a shop or whatever. Got one of those €5 activation codes from the premium site too, have €9.62 on the eshop now but not sure what to get. €7.99 seems too steep for SMW or Super Metroid (as brilliant as they are), especially when you already have the originals I guess. Maybe add funds and get Shovel Knight.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    So you mean you didn't spend it all on ringtones and mobile phone wallpapers?

Seriously, I can't believe they're offering them on the store. The concept is hideously out of date.

I was thinking the same when I saw them - folk still care about their ringtone?? What was that awful ringtone craze a good few years back - crazy frog or something? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Modern gaming sucks.. Picked up Destiny last week and the poxy servers have been down more often than up since..

I've been thinking about picking up Destiny for the PS3 for a while, but with network and server maintenance/outages it can be pretty off-putting. Plus I have a decent sized backlog to clear. I'm only getting around to GTA V now because my PS3 wouldn't install the update. Plus I picked up Far Cry The Wild Expedition for €20 a while ago and haven't even opened it yet. Not counting the Wii U games I got for Christmas. Why do we do it to ourselves? Ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, you've yet to sample the joy of bullet sponge bosses once again?
    The game is incredibly old fashioned, as if the FPS has regressed to some 8 years ago or more.
    It looks great but it simply plays out in a very unsophisticated way.
    Reminds me of Serious Sam, particularly when you are locked into an area and fighting wave after wave of enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I got pretty hooked on Destiny. Have managed to get my character all the way up to level 31.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I bowed out at the final grind from 20-30. Just didn't have the time to put into it and by that stage I was completely sick of the lack of content. I still enjoyed my time up until that point which was a good 20 hours. Light point farming just isn't as rewarding as the grind in other games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I got Destiny for free and still felt ripped off, if only because I realised that Bungie were effectively wasting my time, and demanding I waste more of it if I wanted to play the 'good stuff', which was a single mission.

Went back to playing Titanfall instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

either i got **** at games or mario world and super mario bros 3 is hard as **** :confused:

I don't know, my mother beat Mario Bros 3 last year and she's over 50.

I haven't played Mario World in a long time, so I can't answer for that, but I had little trouble finishing The Lost Levels.

Mario Bros 3 did give me a little trouble at times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

either i got **** at games or mario world and super mario bros 3 is hard as **** :confused:

You playing on Original hardware? playing at 60htz is a bit quicker than we remember alright.
    Love SMB3, still play it every now and then, up until the last couple of levels on world 8 it's all pretty easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

some levels can be a bit hard as in you will loose 2 or 3 lives but over all its achievable to finish every level or you can go the warp whistle route like most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i cant get past the last level in the world with lava in super mario world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Chocolate Island ?

Spoiler map below:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah another noob that has yet to get 96 exits in SMW :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Richy closed his account? There goes all hope for a phoenixing of the Sega forum :o

Richy closed his account? There goes all hope for a phoenixing of the Sega forum :o
    WHAAAA!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

He's taking a break ╮(╯▽╰)╭, he said he'll be back when Shenmue 3 gets announced pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Are Vectrex's worth that much these days? Spotted one in a local second hand electronic store for a hefty enough sum.

Just finished GTA V. I had more trouble finishing the last 2 missions than I had playing through the rest of the game. Is it just me or are the police the only group from the three in the last mission that you can outrun? I tried every thing with Franklin to get away without shooting, but every time I lost them they just appeared behind me again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Started packing up my games rooms today :( Baby bandit is on the way so room is to be converted to a silly nursery instead of a retro nirvana.
    Most stuff getting boxed up and stuffed in the attic for the foreseeable future (Woodies have a decent 3 or 2 deal on storage bins which is great). Will probably sell some of it and have a fair bit of junk lying about too that'll get skipped.

Will be keeping a small retro section downstairs so I'll be able to setup one retro system at a time, which might mean I'll actually get more use out of them overall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement