Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Saipanne wrote: »
    RDR > GTA

In my opinion. GTA just feels claustrophobic, compared to the freedom of RDR.

Yeah I agree, the only GTA I have owned was GTA 5 on PS3 and I only had it for about a month, didn't play that much of it. At least in RDR the Police aren't after you as soon as you do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I'm playing it at the moment. It's aged very well.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    I'm playing it at the moment. It's aged very well.

Yeah it's a great game. What console are you playing on? I also had the GOTY Edition Strategy Guide which was a very nice book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

SW98 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a great game. What console are you playing on? I also had the GOTY Edition Strategy Guide which was a very nice book.

I'm playing on Ps3. From what I've heard the majority of games ran better on xbox 360 than ps3 but I never had a 360.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    I'm playing on Ps3. From what I've heard the majority of games ran better on xbox 360 than ps3 but I never had a 360.

Ya I have never had XBOX, always had Playstation, I think Playstation is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

There definitely will be sequel (or prequel) I read a few weeks ago that one of rockstars spokesman said apart from the GTA that the RDR was their most successful game and that at some point you will see an announcement!! When I don't know, could be a year from now or more,who knows!Rockstar like to draw things out and delay but when they come with a game,they produce better than any! They are not just going to leave that franchise alone and let it be after all the success it had! Cmon now,that's a no brainer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

R* are the kings or marketting, they will announce something when it suits them.

RDR on PC would be awesome but there a few issues with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Bah saw the thread and got all excited that there may have been official confirmation of a sequel while I wasn't looking. Guess it's back to waiting and hoping for a remastered PC release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

its another half life 3 thread :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

dreamers75 wrote: »
    R* are the kings or marketting, they will announce something when it suits them.

RDR on PC would be awesome but there a few issues with that.

They could litterally just release a RDR remastarded on th PC, XBONE and PS4 and still sell a shít tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What was Red Dead Revolver even like, funnily enough, I'd never heard of it until this thread..... it looks fairly rubbish but maybe it was good for it's time but won't age well. Also I enjoyed RDR more than GTA4 and possibly more than 5 too

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Loved Red Dead Revolver, I still remember the music, think it was taken from a spaghetti western with Klaus Kinski in it and showed up on the Django Unchained soundtrack too. Was a fair bit different to redemption though, and not sure how well it would have aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Cormac... wrote: »
    What was Red Dead Revolver even like, funnily enough, I'd never heard of it until this thread..... it looks fairly rubbish but maybe it was good for it's time but won't age well. Also I enjoyed RDR more than GTA4 and possibly more than 5 too

I quite enjoyed Red Dead Revolver at the time but zero idea of how it has aged. As far as I can remember, it was quite a linear, mission based game, nothing like the open world the sequel had. Worth a look I'd say, Rockstar don't put out many bad games.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5026555302364#.VSvqNfnF-So

A few copies available in CeX on PS2. 10 euro maybe a bit steep though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

They put out Bully..... and that was $hit, except you only really noticed when you were away from it for a few days and realised you had no interest in going back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Red Dead Revolver is nothing like Redemption it is not an open world game. And you can tell it is a old console game. But it is still fairly good. I still have it for my original xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

RD Rev is a great game in it's own right. It's essentially a western themed corridor shooter with some big open arenas. Really, it's nothing like RD Red other than the western theme and the name. It does have a sort-of hub town where Red gets bounties but that's about as open world as it gets.

If anyone's interested in getting it, the XBOX version works on the 360 but the textures glitch out like mad unless you go into settings and downscale it to 420p or something like that, just in case someone does get it and things the disc is corrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If a new batch of rumors are to be believed, Take-Two is planning to unveil Red Dead Redemption 2 at this year’s E3 event, with the game scheduled to release at some point in fall 2017.

These new Red Dead Redemption 2 rumors stem from an anonymous e-mail received by website Frag Hero. The e-mail claims that an ex-Rockstar Games employee gave them this information about Red Dead Redemption 2, and it reveals more than just the game’s planned release window.

According to the e-mail received by Frag Hero, Red Dead Redemption 2 has been in development for over four years and will be released under the title Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West. According to the tipster, Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West will feature more than one playable character like Grand Theft Auto 5, and will reportedly boast a far larger open world than the one found in the original game.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14583197805409&key=de2ccb8ca8943c06669720e0a267a9f6&libId=ilxxqhry0100ag8y000DLda1yz57e&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1198203&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fgamerant.com%2Fred-dead-redemption-2-release-date-337%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D2%26order%3Ddesc%26page%3D2&title=Red%20Dead%20Redemption%20coming%20in%202017%20according%20to%20Dev%20-%20NeoGAF&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fgamerant.com%2Fred-dead-redempt...ease-date-337%2F

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd love it to be true, but I can just never believe claims of secrecy like:
    Red Dead Redemption 2 has been in development for over four years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd love it to be true, but I can just never believe claims of secrecy like:

The original was in development for 4 years before it was publicly announced, looks like they may have pulled that number from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wonder would this one make it to PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ScumLord wrote: »
    I wonder would this one make it to PC?

It'll likely be after the console, doubt it'll be more than 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

To my eternal shame i still havent played RDR,i was kinda hoping for a remaster/hd remake kind of thing at some point. But id take a sequel if its true.

Just cant bring myself to go back and play it on a 360 or PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

EoinHef wrote:

I bought a PS3 last week just so I could play RDR. Delighted with this news!

EoinHef wrote: »

You should its possibly the best open world game around, the best part of the entire game is going from place to place. Which is normally the most boring part of open world games but the whole atmosphere and sound in RDR are perfection.

Plus I learned to love my horse I was gutted when the train hit him :( Seriously he was buddy :(:mad::o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Plus I learned to love my horse I was gutted when the train hit him :( Seriously he was buddy :(:mad::o
    Gravity took mine while I was chasing a train.
    I was surprised to say the least, that cliff came out of nowhere. :pac:

I called him Ned :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I called him Ned :(
    NOOOOOOOOOO!

kkpSWqk.gif

Sorry, had to be done. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If this is true, they'll re-release the first one on the new consoles before that. Still won't get a pc port though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Im gonna say that they'll announce Red Dead 2 at E3 for a 2017 release and Remastered Red Dead gets a release before the end of the year..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    If this is true, they'll re-release the first one on the new consoles before that. Still won't get a pc port though :(

I'd be very surprised if it didn't come to PC. It's a bit of a travesty the original never got ported.

Advertisement