Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancies For Today II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

tinodz wrote: »
    Well, one out of two is not terrible!

I guess they really were solid bets they were making, but Tiger Trek just ran into one better.

And the the other, good man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A couple of big priced horses today at York,Elleval 3 10 has been running very well in Meydan and could run well today for his shrewd connections around 12/1 after a 3 month break could be ready to do the biz.
    Alfred Hutchinson 2 35 does not know how to run a bad race and is available at around 12/1 and that looks very good value to me.
    I backed Joe Eile last time out and he was a little disappointing when 3 1/2 lengths 5th at Tipperary,will be better suited by the stiff Navan track where he has good form.I backed ew last night at 9/2, 7/2 now but still good value and should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

scalzo (3.45y)
    glens wobbly (3.15b)
    backed both at 4/1+7/5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Spotted assault on rome in the 8.15 at leicester. De souza/johnson only runner and been a few schillings for it. I'll stick a few quid on ew but not wild confidence as she will either finish first or last

boom the groom 9/1

a tribute to slattsy who wont be watching

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think it placed

some punt on scalzo (13/8)
    hope hes as good as he looked last time out

mailburner wrote: »
    some punt on scalzo (13/8)
    hope hes as good as he looked last time out

absolute rubbish that was

BumperD wrote: »
    Spotted assault on rome in the 8.15 at leicester. De souza/johnson only runner and been a few schillings for it. I'll stick a few quid on ew but not wild confidence as she will either finish first or last

Hannigan also makes the trip for just one ride on the fav so may be reading too much into it

A couple of big priced horses today at York,Elleval 3 10 has been running very well in Meydan and could run well today for his shrewd connections around 12/1 after a 3 month break could be ready to do the biz.
    Alfred Hutchinson 2 35 does not know how to run a bad race and is available at around 12/1 and that looks very good value to me.
    I backed Joe Eile last time out and he was a little disappointing when 3 1/2 lengths 5th at Tipperary,will be better suited by the stiff Navan track where he has good form.I backed ew last night at 9/2, 7/2 now but still good value and should win.
    Alfred finishes 5th paying 4 places other two ran poor enough so no joy today.Maybe Jim Dreaper will give us something to cheer about in Downpatrick tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Ellia Mia has top weight in the handicap hurdle at 3 15 Down Patrick sunday but Dreaper puts up a 7lb claimer and the 10/1 I took might look a very good price in the morning
    Dreaper could also win the 5 30 with the very good jumper El Grande a horse I have won a good few quid on this year and I am hoping to win more tomorrow.I took the 9/2 on offer with pp as this fellow just loves the undulations of Down Patrick and can win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Giving Plauseabella 8/1 (Lingfield 8.30)

Drawn well, and distance should suit. Saskia's Dream is a though one to beat though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Giving Plauseabella 8/1 (Lingfield 8.30)

Drawn well, and distance should suit. Saskia's Dream is a though one to beat though

Looks like half the field is a non-runner in that race, I assume rule 4 will be in operation

That rail really helped!
    Clareman wrote: »
    Looks like half the field is a non-runner in that race, I assume rule 4 will be in operation

All the NRs were declared early, so any bets on markets just before the race should be at the advertised odds.

Nicely done. Was 11/1 before the R4. Still, a wins a win

mailburner wrote: »
    absolute rubbish that was

Found to be lame post race.

Found to be lame post race.

next time :)

something had to be wrong alright but hadnt heard myself

I took some 9's on Buratino for the Coventry on Tuesday. He's a confirmed runner and as Slattsy pointed out earlier in this thread gave me my first winner in five yrs:D. I think the price is value.

Good amount of NRs in first race of the day (Salisbury 1:45), and the fave is risen in weight too.

I think Grey Gem 8/1 has a chance at catching him if the rise has finally caught the fave out

Good amount of NRs in first race of the day (Salisbury 1:45), and the fave is risen in weight too.

I think Grey Gem 8/1 has a chance at catching him if the rise has finally caught the fave out

Bad pick. Ran himself out of it early on.

• Advertisement

I've a lucky 15 going today for a change,

2 in Doncaster 2.00 Paris Snow &, 4.15 Eccleston, Salisbury 4.00 Absolutely and Down Partick 5.30 El Guard.

I got a tip for Cork as well but from a very bad source so I didn't bother with it, no doubt it'll romp it.

I want to have a winner today so...

Longfield Lad 10/1 (Cork 5.10)

I bet in likely the most competitive race of the day.

I think the weight is right here though

Man of the cloth has been supported all day in the last at downpatrick. Manduro gelding , unraced so no form and the trainers record is rather sketchy but this is a crap race so it might not take a lot of winning. I have not backed it but will watch race out of interest to see if the gamble lands

Surprised Lord de Beaufrai's price in the last here @ 10/1, didn't run a bad race lto. Really poor quality race but interested to see does this gamble on the man of cloth land

Jesus, that was hilarious. Won by a mile

Ellia Mia has top weight in the handicap hurdle at 3 15 Down Patrick sunday but Dreaper puts up a 7lb claimer and the 10/1 I took might look a very good price in the morning
    Dreaper could also win the 5 30 with the very good jumper El Grande a horse I have won a good few quid on this year and I am hoping to win more tomorrow.I took the 9/2 on offer with pp as this fellow just loves the undulations of Down Patrick and can win this.
    Got a profit on my €25 ew El Grande as PP were going 4 places.It made a difference of €58 to me and it shows the value of going where the best value is.I do not care who I bet with,though my account is with PP I will bet with whoever gives the best value.
    I backed the W Mullins trained-P Smullen up Digeanta in the 2 1/2 mile Ascot stakes on Tuesday-14/1.PP if returned at a beeter price they pay it and it is non-runner no bet in a race that could cut up a bit.

Having backed I'll be your Clown a few times this year,when he ran well without winning I backed him in 3 doubles and a treble today.
    The other 2 have already won so I have a good few quid going on,the danger appears to be Queen of Alba who has reasonable form behind some good horses and I am tempted to cover myself (hopefully) by backing Queen of Alba,does anyone have any bit of info that might be of help the race is at 8 oc Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Having backed I'll be your Clown a few times this year,when he ran well without winning I backed him in 3 doubles and a treble today.
    The other 2 have already won so I have a good few quid going on,the danger appears to be Queen of Alba who has reasonable form behind some good horses and I am tempted to cover myself (hopefully) by backing Queen of Alba,does anyone have any bit of info that might be of help the race is at 8 oc Sligo.

never in doubt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 maxmo

??

• Advertisement

never in doubt :)

Hmm,just hung on but I am so happy 3 doubles and a treble landed.
    Best touch in a while and the war chest for ascot just got a lot bigger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement