Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Two fancies for Day 1 at Ascot. Digeanta 11/1 in the 5:00. Thought he'd be a lot bigger price but I think he has a great chance off a low weight, 20f is perfect for him. Other one is Buratino 10/1 in the Coventry, he's fairly weak in the mkt this evening which is a bit of a concern. GL this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

BumperD wrote: »
    Two fancies for Day 1 at Ascot. Digeanta 11/1 in the 5:00. Thought he'd be a lot bigger price but I think he has a great chance off a low weight, 20f is perfect for him. Other one is Buratino 10/1 in the Coventry, he's fairly weak in the mkt this evening which is a bit of a concern. GL this week.
    I hope you are right I backed Digeanta at 14s (posted it here a few days ago) I also give Noble Silk a squeak in the same race.I have Buratino in the placepot though I backed OBrien's Air Force Blue in a single bet at 8s and it will be my biggest bet tomorrow. Good luck to all and lets hope we can get a few quid from the enemy.

Iwill not be getting too involved in the big cavalry charges but I believe Ayaar trained by Cumani can win the Hunt Cup on wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I am on Thepartysover 14/1 (Stratford 3.20)

Third bet on him in the last 30 days for me. Think he is always getting better. Got place money at 25/1 on him last time, which was nice. I want that win though!

Cougar Mountain 28/1 EW (Ascot 2.30) probably worth a shot too, has a good chance to place.

Don't think am touching much else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

i wouldn't be too into the horses but i bet when i get a tip.

It upsets me (given most of the tips are ****e) that if your horse is outside the places it's never reported.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Nice one :D . . .

Nice one :D . . .

Just home from work & watching the replays without trying to see the results on screen. Delighted with Buratino

I took some 9's on Buratino for the Coventry on Tuesday. He's a confirmed runner and as Slattsy pointed out earlier in this thread gave me my first winner in five yrs:D. I think the price is value.

I have turned a corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Well done guys a couple of nice fancies going in,i had a couple placed today so no real damage.
    I don't normally like betting on the Hunt Cup but I have backed one with a larger than usual bet for this kind of race (€25 ew)
    Ayaar in stall 1 is a group horse in my view and this may well be his last run in a handicap if all goes well.Trained for this by Cumani he will need luck in running from stall 1.
    Only 5 lbs higher than when an unlucky 5th in this last year I think at 10/1 he is a good bet and PP are paying 6 places.
    I have also backed Cladocera ew at 10s in the 3 40 with the excellent C Soumillion up,ran some very good races in Meydan and was given a very easy time of it on his last run and not having much room in the last 1/2 furlong. The trainer warned he was not quite right before the race and he did exceptionally well to get so close under the circumstances.Now back to his best he should have a very good chance with just 8 runners.

I will be racing in Wexford and it will be worth looking at the tips thread in the morning as a "live one" with form is expected to win,it won't be a big price but we are really confident it will win.

Bouyed by my 2nd win in five years (:D), I am going to give Chil the Kite some of my hard earned cash in the hunt cup tomorrow. Horse was 2nd in this last yr and gets in off 1bl lower. I missed the 20/1 available at declaration stage but 14/1 just about represents value ew 6 places pp. You'd need 6 places given the size of the field tomorrow.

Ryan moore seems to be on fire so I guess whatever he rides this week warrants close scrutiny

• Advertisement

I said I'd follow Fergusons bumper horses blindly in the early part of this season and will be doing just that. Amir was evs last night when I looked and went off 1/5f but only won by a narrow margin. I did not play as I thought evs was skinny but what do I know. He has another newcomer tomorrow, a fleminsfirth gelding in the last at uttoxeter named Bruce of croineach, no form but at 7/2 worth a small dabble given the hot streak his nhf horses are on.

I am on Bertie Blu Boy 8/1 (6:50 Chelmsford City)

Bertie Blu Boy is an insane front runner - he gets tossed out in front and you basically pray he never gets caught. But this is vastly up in Class (he usually runs at C5, and this is C3 company), and this is also a 5f race! The thing is, Bertie Blu Boy has never ran in a 5f race - 7f is his most successful distance.

The people involved with the horse are pretty smart though, and have placed him well before, so going to both Class 3 and 5f for the first time is not as insane as it seems.

My guess is that he runs his usual race - like an insane thing from the front - and with the shorter distance the hope is he wont tire soon enough to get caught.

I will buy a hat and eat it if he does not lead at some point in the race - but the big question is if he can stay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Ginzo

Rizeena for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Ginzo

Second, not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

tinodz wrote: »

Bertie Blu Boy is an insane front runner - he gets tossed out in front and you basically pray he never gets caught. But this is vastly up in Class (he usually runs at C5, and this is C3 company), and this is also a 5f race! The thing is, Bertie Blu Boy has never ran in a 5f race - 7f is his most successful distance.

The people involved with the horse are pretty smart though, and have placed him well before, so going to both Class 3 and 5f for the first time is not as insane as it seems.

My guess is that he runs his usual race - like an insane thing from the front - and with the shorter distance the hope is he wont tire soon enough to get caught.

I will buy a hat and eat it if he does not lead at some point in the race - but the big question is if he can stay.

Get in :)

tinodz wrote: »

Run Bertie Run! :D

Bouyed by my 2nd win in five years (:D), I am going to give Chil the Kite some of my hard earned cash in the hunt cup tomorrow. Horse was 2nd in this last yr and gets in off 1bl lower. I missed the 20/1 available at declaration stage but 14/1 just about represents value ew 6 places pp. You'd need 6 places given the size of the field tomorrow.

Ryan moore seems to be on fire so I guess whatever he rides this week warrants close scrutiny

Ew landed

I said I'd follow Fergusons bumper horses blindly in the early part of this season and will be doing just that. Amir was evs last night when I looked and went off 1/5f but only won by a narrow margin. I did not play as I thought evs was skinny but what do I know. He has another newcomer tomorrow, a fleminsfirth gelding in the last at uttoxeter named Bruce of croineach, no form but at 7/2 worth a small dabble given the hot streak his nhf horses are on.

Hot streak came to end but he'll have more winners soon no doubt

Fancy Rotherwick in the 5:00pm Ascot. Beaten lto by the derby 2nd and the 3rd in that race stravagante went in nto in very impressive fashion & thought good enough to contest a Grp 2 on Friday here. Another monster field so will be staking accordingly but 25/1 ew looks value or 20/1 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Simenon for me, although i went off Kingfisher after i missed the 10s!

• Advertisement

War Envoy here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Slattsy wrote: »
    War Envoy here.

Shouldn't you be worried about another type of riding at the moment??

Portorage here

BOOM

Won that easy too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great shouting there lads, 1st and a place

King Bolete in the next for me

Has to be some value here in the last with the fav so short.

Scottish ew 10s

Each way lands.

• Advertisement

I am giving Duke Of Medina 8/1 (Leopardstown 8:30) a shot tonight. Second time out with blinkers (which seemed to help last time, but came up against better horses).Also, lowest weight in the race.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement