Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

Was at the Nissan dealers today.
    We want the two tone paint.
    White with blue roof.
    Dealer says that they are just a wrap they apply in the dealership.
    Anyone got a two tone ?
    I'd much prefer factory paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

Was at the Nissan dealers today.
    We want the two tone paint.
    White with blue roof.
    Dealer says that they are just a wrap they apply in the dealership.
    Anyone got a two tone ?
    I'd much prefer factory paint.

What do they mean by 'wrap', do they mean the plastic protective sheet that sometimes covers some of the panels? 'Cos that's just removed when you buy it.

I had a look at the Leaf brochure online and the only two tone option it mentions is a White Leaf with Black roof and wing mirrors, and that's approx. €900 for that option, which I doubt is anything other than a factory paint job?

EDIT: Actually, found another brochure that mentions a few Two Tone options, including White with a Blue Roof. The two tone option is only available on the SV Premium or SVE models.

Yea it's the 900e paint option.
    No,not the protective wrap.
    There is several options for the two tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭SachaJ

What's the thoughts on this Leaf. 171, 30kwh Tekna/SVE with the 6.6 charger. 92% SoH.

https://www.electricautos.ie/vehicles/nissan/leaf/kildare/2499845

Only includes the public charge cable. Is that to be expected (first EV I'm looking at)?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,766 ✭✭✭✭unkel

For €3-4k more you'd have an Ioniq...

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    For €3-4k more you'd have an Ioniq...

Stretching already at €15/16k

SachaJ wrote: »

Fair enough. What are your needs, do you really need a 30kWh?

Imho the sweet spot for Leafs are the newer battery chemistry 24kWh from 2014 from about €9k. Keep the rest of your budget in your pocket, save up a bit more for a better EV in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

What's the thoughts on this Leaf. 171, 30kwh Tekna/SVE with the 6.6 charger. 92% SoH.

Only includes the public charge cable. Is that to be expected (first EV I'm looking at)?

As far as I know the public charger is all you get by default....

Fair enough. What are your needs, do you really need a 30kWh?

Imho the sweet spot for Leafs are the newer battery chemistry 24kWh from 2014 from about €9k. Keep the rest of your budget in your pocket, save up a bit more for a better EV in a few years time.

Cash wise it's a case of use it or lose it.... Buy what I can afford now. I'll use it for occasional 70/80 mile round trips in addition to local to/from work.

Cash wise it's a case of use it or lose it.... Buy what I can afford now.

That's not a very prudent approach :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    I was quoted 149 Sterling in Newry this week.

100 in cork and it included a valet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Buy my 161 30KWh Leaf and I’ll buy Unkels Ioniq :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bootser

Nedved85 wrote:
    Buy my 161 30KWh Leaf and I’ll buy Unkels Ioniq

Wheres Unkels ionic for sale!!

bootser wrote: »
    Wheres Unkels ionic for sale!!

I haven't put up any ads, just mentioned it on this forum.

I got a Tesla and brought it home yesterday so my Ioniq needs to go. I'm paying two insurances at the moment and my cash flow position is bad as you can imagine

I mentioned it here to give people an opportunity to buy a low mileage Ioniq below market value. But I've had no (serious) takers so I'm about to pick up the phone and sell it into the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I mentioned it here to give people an opportunity to buy a low mileage Ioniq below market value. But I've had no (serious) takers so I'm about to pick up the phone and sell it into the trade.

FWIW I put my Leaf up on Carzone and DoneDeal 6 weeks ago, only a single call. Put it up on adverts.ie Saturday two weekends back, had a viewer the Sunday then a buyer came and took the car that Wednesday. Very low hassle and you can see peoples' history, might be worth sticking it up for a few days see how you go. Could be the easiest €1k you'll make this year, and tax free to boot!

Very true. And as you can see from my signature, I have a very long history on adverts.ie both buying and selling and I have an excellent reputation on there. I have just approached the trade and I might stick up a quick ad on adverts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Have a look at my Leaf 30kW in the For Sale section here in boards.

macnab wrote: »
    Have a look at my Leaf 30kW in the For Sale section here in boards.

I'll PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I might get my Leaf up for sale!

Then call Unkel.

Which would have the longest range, a 30kw Leaf or a 28kw Ioniq?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Which would have the longest range, a 30kw Leaf or a 28kw Ioniq?

Seriously?

28kWh Ioniq has similar range to 40kWh Leaf. A bit less in town, a bit more on motorways.

• Advertisement

Seriously?

28kWh Ioniq has similar range to 40kWh Leaf. A bit less in town, a bit more on motorways.

Jez, that's impressive.
    Well from Hyundai point of view, poor from Nissan's.

In fairness the Leaf is a very old design now. The newer 2018 model is just the same as the older 2010 model with a new exterior. Motor and drivetrain are still the same and of course no battery cooling at all. A very inefficient drive train. And the cars are not aerodynamic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I haven't put up any ads, just mentioned it on this forum. ...

Any chance of a few details of the thing and what sort of moola you are thinking of ?

Give us a clue :confused:

0lddog wrote: »
    Any chance of a few details of the thing and what sort of moola you are thinking of ?

Give us a clue :confused:

Sure. I had the details in the EV bargain thread, but it got a bit buried in there. It's an April 2017 Ioniq EV in Platinum silver metallic. I bought the car new myself.

It has the generous standard spec with autonomous driving level 2 (similar to Tesla autopilot): lane keep assist + active cruise control + autonomous emergency braking

Auto lights, auto wipers, android auto, apple carplay, all around led lights, touch screen with sat nav, park distance control at the back and reversing camera, heated seats

car still has more than 2 years Hyundai manufacturers warranty and more than 5 years warranty on drive train, battery and motor

FSH with Hyundai, just 44k km (27k miles) and just fitted two brand new premium Continental tyres to the front (with much better grip than the original tyres). Car is in excellent condition, but not mint

The cheapest Ioniq Electric on Donedeal are all 2017 like mine and are priced at EUR20k, EUR20k, EUR20.5k, EUR20.7k and EUR21k and all have significantly more miles than mine.

The cheapest one on AutoTrader in the UK is a 2016 at EUR21k, before any cost to bring it over

I'm happy to sell to anyone in here for EUR19.5k if you are serious and you can complete the sale before the end of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Thanks Unkel, thats a range of the order of 200km ?

Have been looking for something for the last couple of months. Funny how most of the cars that I've looked at ( petrol / turf / PHEV ) come in at around that sort of moola.

Almost bought a CEED estate but then the country caught CV so called it off. Think there might be some fierce good deals out of the trade in a couple of months ... wonder will Tesla be immune ?

0lddog wrote: »
    Think there might be some fierce good deals out of the trade in a couple of months ... wonder will Tesla be immune ?

Thinking the same myself. The arse is going to fall out of everything. Tourism, entertainment, food & drinks industries are going to be massively hit which must impact car sales. I was going to pull the trigger next week on an EV and figure not the only one holding back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thinking the same myself. The arse is going to fall out of everything. Tourism, entertainment, food & drinks industries are going to be massively hit which must impact car sales. I was going to pull the trigger next week on an EV and figure not the only one holding back.

Same here, been very tempted by unkels ioniq but will hold fire and stick to my little leafy, its not looking like I will be going anywhere far inthe next while anyway

loopymum wrote: »
    Same here, been very tempted by unkels ioniq but will hold fire and stick to my little leafy, its not looking like I will be going anywhere far inthe next while anyway

In the same boat exactly.

Was seriously considering Unkel's car, but think the economy is going to get a big shock the next 6 months at least, so will stick with what I have for now, still doing a perfectly good job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

Had a new 2020 leaf ordered, but garage closing today till May but got sorted for a replacement car as needed one for next month. The hold was on the 5k grant, already waited 2 weeks and they said they had another person waiting 3 weeks with still no approval.

Simple things like getting a haircut and buying a car getting a bit hard.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

What rate does the 2018 40 leaf charge at? Is the max 7kwh?

Advertisement