Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Registered last week with my PSN account activated the code on website I am told that they email me when beta is ready yet still haven't received a beta key?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Same here, still waiting on a key for ps4 version. Probably won't get on with the way people are talking about the servers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Check Uplay should be in there ready to play if you redeemed or were on a previous.

That bone idle place is still giving away keys that work.

Its weird because on uplay account page it says i own the game but on uplay app itself its not listed at all.

Played this for a good while last with others on TS, we went 5 games 3-0 simply by working together. I managed 9 rounds without dying :D

And strangley enough we got a win from a time out and we had 5 alive, didnt think it was possible.

Best attack strategy i found is Sledge and someone with a Shield, break door/wall and shield moves in crouched with Sledge assault rifle walking behind, can clear rooms if both players on comms. Shield guy can work cameras safely too. Dont worry about locating the objective in pregame, just get your camera into a good hidden position in the general area of the objective. Can be very handy when the attack kicks off.

Best defence strategy i found Rook and Smoke working together, put the smoke C4 thing behind where they attackers will group and you can devastate them. Rook creates an armoured box and places down the extra armour. Rook working the cameras and smoke detonating on instruction.

Bought the game last night.

Matchmaking still an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

The invites are being sent out in waves. I'm registered on PC but don't have one yet either. Boo :(

Update on access

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1273175-Update-regarding-closed-beta-access?p=11027902#post11027902

Hello everyone,

The day we've all been waiting for is here and the Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta has officially begun and the first wave of invites are already going. Yesterday we released a blog post giving some information on the current state of the beta and how we would be operating it. We realize there is still some confusion and frustration regarding how access is being granted, and why we're doing it this way.

As you know, we are granting access to the Closed Beta in waves. We obviously want to get you access as quickly as possible (we want you to play and have fun!), but the focus of our testing right now is on player experience flow and matchmaking. By staggering beta access, we can better manage server stability as the player population ramps up, which is crucial to a great experience when the game launches December 1st. We will be addressing load testing at a later date. We've already gathered a lot of incredibly useful data during the last few days of the technical test, and we have many matchmaking improvements in the development pipeline. We expect to make even more progress over the weekend with your help.

Anyone who pre-ordered the game will be receiving their beta activation email today (North American time zone), and we are currently in the process of sending those out. By the end of the day, we will also be sending out invites to a large number of those who had guaranteed access codes redeemed on the website. If you do not receive your invite today please hang tight, we will give an update tomorrow morning.

We're working to get you in the game as quickly as possible so please check your email daily. We're grateful and humbled by your passion to play, and we want to work together so you can have the best experience now and at launch. Thank you for your understanding, we can’t wait to get your feedback once you’re in!

Since the servers ain't working half the time I've been blasting into terrorist hunt, Christ it's easy to die! Bit of a shock to the system playing a shoot em up that isn't fast pace, feels like the Rainbow 6 3 days! :o

Still no code, despite being guaranteed one.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Still no code, despite being guaranteed one.

Did you check your spam box? Got mine at 3am yesterday morning.

Yeah checked it, i changed my uplay password the other day so i knew uplay emails were getting through.
    2 days of 4 day beta gone.

Seems they are extending beta until Thursday

aQauwvp.png?1

I assumed the NDA was for the entire beta :(

Have some cracking videos of me being exploded by the suicide bombers in TH.

This is a really good game and nails GR gameplay pretty well.

Still no code, getting a joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Dcully wrote: »
    Still no code, getting a joke now.

just got mine

played it quite abit at EGX (game of the show for me) they had a hot seat tournament going on where if a team can stay on for 3 matches of 5 rounds they'd win hoodies and closed beta codes.

It was on xbox one but we were lucky we had the exact right number of friends at egx so 5 of us went up and won.

It really was an amazing series of games though and the need for teamwork is paramount.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No single player campaign.
    “There is no story mode per se. You go through training, where you get to experience different operators and their devices. You can play against enemy AI in co-op through all the maps. You can customise matches, so that’s what we’re offering on the single-player side of things.

It’s a pretty good training ground, and on top or that you’re unlocking the same content as you would playing in PvP. You’re still gaining stars, renown points, and new operatives”

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chocolatito

I got my code.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

finally got my code. Downloading now! 30 mins til play time :)

ffs its a pain to play on pc because almost no one uses their mics for comms. you really need to squad up with friends to play as its impossible to understand whats going through the minds of the internet people.

but to confound and dumb found this all squading and friends is through Uplay...

the worse of all the online stores/launchers.

I have 0 friends on it so I dont even know if any of them are even playing rainbow six let alone squading with them.

Squadding doesnt really work so even if you have mates its a difficult to actually get a squad together.

Assume its being worked on, played with 4 mates and tbh you can be devatasting when working together, game really shines then.

Another gripe is that the Recruit operator can use any weapon you have unlocked but not the scopes or other. Thats kinda annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think balancing will be a real issue in this game. It looks like it wont really be a game for randomers to jump in and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Anyone know where to get a Beta Key? For a mate whom I showed the game last night and wouldn't mind giving the Beta a go himself.

I think balancing will be a real issue in this game. It looks like it wont really be a game for randomers to jump in and enjoy.

shield guys are frustrating as hell. I really hope we are missing an operator that takes them down easily or have not realised a use of a power to counter them.

Biggest problem right now is the matchmaker is really f*cking broken. doesnt work half the time and the other half you can end up in games where there are 2 people on your team and 5 on the other.

But when it works

its still a lot of fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm Sad there's no single player campaign.

C4 the shield or lure him into a trap with someone taking him out from the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I have two spare pc codes if anyone wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

tony1980 wrote: »

Would really appreciate one if you could spare it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

tony1980 wrote: »

Sure PM one me way if you haven't already sent them out.

But seriously is this using uplay? Christ.

Cravez wrote: »
    Would really appreciate one if you could spare it :)

Pm sent

• Advertisement

Sure PM one me way if you haven't already sent them out.

But seriously is this using uplay? Christ.

Pm sent

Advertisement