Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rainbow Six Siege

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

tony1980 wrote: »
    Pm sent

Thanks a bunch :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive redeemed codes guys but it says im guaranteed access and wait for instructions email,waiting 4 days now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive redeemed codes guys but it says im guaranteed access and wait for instructions email,waiting 4 days now lol.
    Which platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Update today fixes squadding up for anyone with NAT open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Got the second activation code via email. Why they need a second activation? Beyond me.

Next up: choose your DRM... yay.

I thought I was happy when I saw steam listed but no, it's not really steam. It just makes you log into steam first before going through uplay again so I went with the uplay option.

Aaand the client is not supported on Linux. Welp. I thought of running the client in WINE but if the client doesn't even have compatibility then the chance of the game having it is slim to none.

GG Ubisoft.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OK i have redeemed 3 codes with 3 accounts over the last four days, get the same message your guaranteed access blah blah blah and wait for further instructions via email, still nothing , its a total joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I have one more pc one if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Beta extended until 1st now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Xenji wrote: »
    No single player campaign.

This is a problem for me, I always played the campaign solo and in co-op. Then went on to Terrorist Hunts. I never bothered with PvP in R6, just didn't like it.

So if thats gone, whats left for me? Just Terrorist Hunt?
    I won't buy this now, will wait for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,969 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    This is a problem for me, I always played the campaign solo and in co-op. Then went on to Terrorist Hunts. I never bothered with PvP in R6, just didn't like it.

So if thats gone, whats left for me? Just Terrorist Hunt?
    I won't buy this now, will wait for a sale.

exact same for myself. loved doing the campaign co-op and terrorist hunt with my mate - only terrorist hunt left now and that won't be worth a full price game. So i'll wait til sales, like you, I suspect.

• Advertisement

So i'll wait til sales, like you, I suspect.

Deffo. :pac:

I like this comment from someone on Polygon:
    Yeah, but this is a game with Tom Clancy branding. You know, the name of a world-famous author. It should be kind of a given that it would have a story and something of a narrative to play through....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

There a chance they will extend the beta past the 29th given that alot of people didnt get their key?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

I have a spare ps4 code(UK) if anyone wants it

I expect this to be a fairly niche game and I think it will go on sale very quickly to boost online numbers.

I'll wait it out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

I have a spare ps4 code(UK) if anyone wants it

Id love to take it if still available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Played a bit and enjoyed it.
    Realistic Terrorist Hunt is your only man. Normal is way too easy. It's kind of cheap that extra enemies spawn from outside the level and rush in. Plus Bombers are completely lame. Bullet sponge kill-boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

bigslick wrote: »
    Id love to take it if still available :)

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Played a bit and enjoyed it.
    Realistic Terrorist Hunt is your only man. Normal is way too easy. It's kind of cheap that extra enemies spawn from outside the level and rush in. Plus Bombers are completely lame. Bullet sponge kill-boxes.

Love how the AI completely take the biscuit with C4, found 10 in one room before being blown to high hell! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

madcabbage wrote: »
    Love how the AI completely take the biscuit with C4, found 10 in one room before being blown to high hell! :pac:

It can be ****ing hilarious when a JIhadi John who happens to be wearing heavy infantry sets off in a room full of C4.

Terrorist- Terrorist
    Terrorist- your ****ing entire team

:D

Hmm, playing some games at the mo and actually quite enjoying it.

There is some familiarity coming back to it for a second impression. If anyone wants to squad up let me know. I am just getting started with it so I aint Ding Chavez.

• Advertisement

Got my CD Key last night. Having played most of the Rainbow Six games to date, this one is much the same with alot of nice new bits of tech. Couple of things with the Beta.

1) I could only get a game when choosing Terrorist Hunt, you could be waiting 30 minutes to get a 5v5 game going, so there are problems with the match making process (they need to sort this before launch).
    2) The resolution is very bad, now I know this is the Beta but the resolution is less than 720p I think.
    3) Testures are very poor on weapons and character models, again I know this is the Beta so it may change for the launch but the game already looks dated texture wise.
    4) Shields are to powerful, I ran around testing them for the craic and I must have taken hundreds of rounds before being killed.
    5) Framerates are quite low in spots considering the poor resolution and textures. This being close to the release version of the game has me a little worried.
    6) Killcam is very poor, I love the idea of it but at the moment it looks poor.
    7) TTK is to high at the moment in my opinion, I remember the older games where you were hit in the chest etc, you were down and out.
    8) Gun accuracy seems very low even when the enemy is 30 yards away. Often you need to empty a clip before the enemy is dead.
    9) Few other small bugs that I am sure will be fixed before launch.

Overall, I really enjoyed it, it is slow paced, but that is the norm for Rainbow Six games, going to be very tactical playing 5v5 online and there is the chance of really good games if you can get a good squad of mates.

Something happend the servers last night because I was playing back to back PvP and then I couldn't get a game.

I switched to Terrorist Hunt and got a game instantly. I have to say I love that mode. It's really class. Only way to play it is on realistic difficulty setting.

Something happend the servers last night because I was playing back to back PvP and then I couldn't get a game.

I switched to Terrorist Hunt and got a game instantly. I have to say I love that mode. It's really class. Only way to play it is on realistic difficulty setting.

Agreed,

This going to be a €39.99 game? I will not and cannot justify paying €59.99 for it. There is just not enough content to warrant paying full price. It is only launching with 11 maps I think.

EDIT: Just checked on steam and this is retailing at $59.99 US. Thats €53. Hmm, they are going to want €55 - €59. I want the game but cant pay that for it. Shame...

logik wrote: »
    Agreed,

This going to be a €39.99 game? I will not and cannot justify paying €59.99 for it. There is just no enough content to warrant paying full price. It is only launching with 11 maps I think.
    Same, I'll be either looking for it at a really great price at launch or I'll pick it up when it gets reduced.

Are you playing it on Xbox or PC? I am on the PC version.

Same, I'll be either looking for it at a really great price at launch or I'll pick it up when it gets reduced.

Are you playing it on Xbox or PC? I am on the PC version.

I am on Xbox One mate. You?

11 Maps and only PvP and Terrorist Hunt solo or coop for full price.

That is a seriously striped down package is thats all thats in it.

Its 70 quid in the XBOX One store.
    £44 (59.45 euro) on Amazon, before P&P if there is a charge for P&P.

I went with the PC version for this game instead of the Xbox. I didn't see many people playing the beta on my Xbox friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

First Ubisoft game I've considered buying in a while.

It'd have to be around the €30 mark though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

No story? Ah, I'll leave it, so. The best thing about R6 games is that they had so much content for your money. The Vegas stories campaigns were great. Ubisoft are not a company I like. Stripping competitive map making in FarCry and now this. They can do what they want, of course, I'm just disappointed.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    11 Maps and only PvP and Terrorist Hunt solo or coop for full price.

That is a seriously striped down package is thats all thats in it.

Its 70 quid in the XBOX One store.
    £44 (59.45 euro) on Amazon, before P&P if there is a charge for P&P.

€70... no chance I am paying that. The max I would pay for this would be €39.99, and even at that, it's a bit high.

It is confirmed as only 11 maps at launch, both day and night.

Advertisement