Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

For once I've no problem paying full hack for this game. Always been a Rainbow Six fan, love the multiplayer so no single player doesn't bother me. Besides this game is designed to be played cooperatively, the terrorist hunt mode is solid on the harder settings!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got the pre order on g2play for 34, thats a reasonable price to me.

Will get plenty of time out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

This has dropped off my radar now given it's full price and no single player - Rainbow Six used to have decent campaigns.

Probably definitely worth picking up if a good deal could be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got the pre order on g2play for 34, thats a reasonable price to me.

Will get plenty of time out of it.

Very good price alright but I am looking for it on XO so no chance of getting it for that price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had only 3 games, takes way too long to get a game, matchmaking is broken.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Had only 3 games, takes way too long to get a game, matchmaking is broken.

1st rule of Beta is Vote rematch :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    1st rule of Beta is Vote rematch :D

I know but its usually 6/10 that do vote :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If PvP matching takes a dive I recommend trying Terrorist hunt which seems to work fine.

* quick tip, don't sit in a lobby waiting for ages. Quit matchmaking and restart search. I have found matches really quickly that way.

If PvP matching takes a dive I recommend trying Terrorist hunt which seems to work fine.

* quick tip, don't sit in a lobby waiting for ages. Quit matchmaking and restart search. I have found matches really quickly that way.

Would agree here. I got plenty of 5v5 matches last night, had alot of fun but something just does not feel right. I don't know if it is the delay in taking a gun up to aim or that moving feels really sluggish, and then I can't tell if the sluggishness is the frame rate being dropped.

First negative that struck me is the gunplay for such a game is far too dumbed down,very little recoil, almost COD like.
    Apart from that im liking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

They better do something with the shields cause they're way to OP. Jesus the accuracy from any pistol is silly!

madcabbage wrote: »
    They better do something with the shields cause they're way to OP. Jesus the accuracy from any pistol is silly!

Yeah totally,its a real game breaker as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

madcabbage wrote: »
    Yeah totally,its a real game breaker as it is.

Don't want to be *that* guy but I find generally most players don't know how to fight the shield classes effectively by using their equipment or class perks. My personal experiences of taking one down is:
    • Give main weapons a scope for better precision accuracy. When Shield is standing, aim for feet/lower leg, if it's crouched, aim for head (killed Montagne and Blitz in a row this way)
    • C4 is a definite sure fire way to kill one. If you or a teammate are either Smoke or Mute, make sure to hang onto the C4. Either throw and use when you see one or attach above door you think they might enter. Probably best way to kill Montagne when in full ballistic shield mode.
    • If you're fast class like Jager, it's possible to run around them to shoot in the back before they have time to turn around. Got a few kills this way.
    • This one sounds very cliché but using teamwork to luring one in for your squadmate to shoot from the side, or vice versa.

Don't get me wrong, a good shield user can annihilate a whole team if they aren't careful. I also do agree that the accuracy on the pistols is quite accurate when hip firing, which should be alot more of a wild spread and should force a shield user to right click to aim more precisely to leave them open.

First negative that struck me is the gunplay for such a game is far too dumbed down,very little recoil, almost COD like.
    Apart from that im liking it.
    Might be the gun you are using. I am getting decent amounts of recoil on the guns I use.

Definitely strong recoil in this game. Even when using the SMGs.

Guys I have just received 4 more keys from Ubisoft for friends. These are for the Xbox One. The beta ends tomorrow at 00:00 so you would get just over 24 hours play in if you want to try the game.

Let me know if you would like a key and I can send you one. Add me on xbox also if you like. GT: Maoileoin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Me too but it's for PS4. anyone who wants one, just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Have a few for the PC if anyone wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

55RH-K8NG-55LL
    4LH9-GGNQ-HP4J
    7GET-HBNG-29C8
    EEQR-94NP-Q6QL

PS4 UK

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

logik wrote: »
    Guys I have just received 4 more keys from Ubisoft for friends. These are for the Xbox One. The beta ends tomorrow at 00:00 so you would get just over 24 hours play in if you want to try the game.

Let me know if you would like a key and I can send you one. Add me on xbox also if you like. GT: Maoileoin

actually its been extended to sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    actually its been extended to sunday
    I was just going to post this too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Extended on PC too?

Extended on PC too?

Yep

Ah a second extension, nice to know!

Have 4 for PC.

I have 4 beta codes for PC.

If anyone would like 1 or even 2 just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

All my codes are gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

1 code left for pc. PM for them. first come first served basis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I have 4 for the PS4 if anyone wants them. PM me.

Still having big issues the matchmaking. You seem to be able to get games a little easier now but more often than not, you play 1/2 rounds out of the 4 before it crashes and every player has to leave the game and start again.

• Advertisement

Couldn't get a game at all last night after an hour of trying. Servers seemed to have taken a hammering with the new influx of players. Which in a way is good for a stress test but I hope it becomes alot more stable this evening/weekend.

Advertisement