Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rainbow Six Siege

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cravez wrote: »
    Couldn't get a game at all last night after an hour of trying. Servers seemed to have taken a hammering with the new influx of players. Which in a way is good for a stress test but I hope it becomes alot more stable this evening/weekend.

Servers went down at about 11pm kicked everyone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Servers went down at about 11pm kicked everyone out.

This was before 11pm sadly :(, about 9pm to 10pm I tried for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

4 codes for pc going spare if anyone wants em.

Connections not great tonight and now NAT going from open to moderate without changing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

friend gave me an xbox one code and while the pc version is prettier and a mouse is much better to play with...I will probably get this for xbox cause it's a lot easier to squad up with 4 friends in party chat and actually play the game at its best. Which I did for most of tonight.

PC unless you have friends you know are getting the game and will be on ts or something no one uses the ingame voip and even if they did it's not guaranteed you'll work together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If one had the choice there is no way id ever choose console for an fps above PC.
    Cant be arsed with the game now tbh, takes too long to get a game going and then when you do people dont vote to play same team again and we are thrown back to lobby for another long wait.

Played this for the duration for the entire beta:

Cons:
    No game in 2015 should have such ****ty matchmaking and a network port requirement.
    The entire interface for squadding up is woeful, it rarely works and someone can never connect to someone else, restarting the game sometimes fixes this.
    NAT going from open to moderate to unknown when you havent changed a single thing.
    Getting killed in what appears to be an instant but on kill cam seeing the other guy firing at you for an age before you died.
    Unlocked all operators fairly quickly.
    Recruit should have scopes that are unlocked in the operator screen on weapons it can use, as it is your punished for not having operators unlocked.

Pros:
    When you actually get into the game it is quite good, good team work can make it a very decent game.
    PLayed numerous games with our entire team on TS and won most of them. Got tot he point I had loads of points and nothing to spend them on.
    Mixing classes works very well, Sledge, Shield dude and Thermite are the preferred combo.

I bought it but I am worried the matchmaking wont be fixed, there is no way in hell this game will work as a competitve game as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Would agree with the above. I think what we have been playing for the past week + is the game that will be released via the blu ray dvd. The only difference is that I imagine a day one patch of 174GB like every game released in the last 24 months...

I will be getting the game, when it worked, it was alot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Hopefully the server issues will be sorted before launch, no excuses now. Loved the beta!
    Having religiously played Rainbow Six 3 in the old days, this is right that it's alley. Terrorist hunt on realistic with buddies is great craic too, only managed to complete on level after about 6 hours of huffing and puffing.
    The shielded operators definitely need to be sorted, either nerd the pistol accuracy or the strength of the shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The beta was a real love hate experience for me. I loved it when I was on a team that knew how to play the game and I hated the match making. I think each team should be limited to 1 shield carrier.

I always enjoyed the traditional rainbow 6 games and this is clearly not it. More than likely this is a content filler until we see a more traditional rainbow 6 game come out.

Yes, I would like to own the game however I want to firstly see that there will be a decent sized community constantly playing this game and then see how the matchmaking is performing. There is no way I am paying full price for the game at launch or via pre-ordering it until I see the above conditions in full swing.

Its a very niche game released just before a tidal wave of game releases. The community could die very quickly. Rainbow 6 fans may not dig this game which could effect the player base.

I suspect this game will go on sale very quickly to boost player numbers.

• Advertisement

the easiest shield carrier nerf should be the obvious

when being fired on shield carriers should be unable to fire back. Makes sense cause your shield is taking a beating of either shotgun blasts or smg/rifle rounds. That allows for flanking and teamwork, but also stops shield carriers carrying a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Shame the beta is over now, it was a good game except some times it felt like you were spending more time waiting for a game rather than playing:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

The beta is open again, 3 maps and different game modes to play, terrorist hunt Plant the bomb is hard even on normal.
    Didn't think I was gonna buy this before, but now I am!
    edit : open till Monday

deco nate wrote: »
    The beta is open again, 3 maps and different game modes to play, terrorist hunt Plant the bomb is hard even on normal.
    Didn't think I was gonna buy this before, but now I am!
    edit : open till Monday

What's the matchmaking like now? Played last night with two friends and couldn't get a game going. Had to play terrorist hunt instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

madcabbage wrote: »
    What's the matchmaking like now? Played last night with two friends and couldn't get a game going. Had to play terrorist hunt instead.
    The same really, if you don't find a game in 30 seconds back out and try again

Beta turned off for a bit, I was on last night and matchmaking just does not work.

Private TH works fine but matchmaking does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

They have stopped the beta altogether to assess and fix the match making bugs that are affecting all platforms... I don't know about you but when this game worked in the closed beta I really enjoyed playing it with mates. There were match making bugs in the closed beta so for them to still exist has me really worried for this title, a week away from launch.

It seems to me like they should have left the closed beta run for a few weeks to gather all the bugs and fix what they could.

I want this game to be good but given Ubisofts recent track record it is very hard to have confidence that this will be in a fit state at launch. I would be expecting a 35+GB install followed by a 3-7GB day one patch but even at that, I dont think it will be enough.

Ubisoft are in danger of ruining what is a super franchise. This game has the core to be amazing but I cannot understand developers wanting to push broken games. I would have more respect if they said "we are delayed the release again until we get it right". All that will happen now is the game will be released, it will receive negative reviews, no one will buy it and the franchise will be ruined and maybe even dropped by Ubisoft.

Shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

logik wrote: »
    They have stopped the beta altogether to assess and fix the match making bugs that are affecting all platforms... I don't know about you but when this game worked in the closed beta I really enjoyed playing it with mates. There were match making bugs in the closed beta so for them to still exist has me really worried for this title, a week away from launch.

It seems to me like they should have left the closed beta run for a few weeks to gather all the bugs and fix what they could.

I want this game to be good but given Ubisofts recent track record it is very hard to have confidence that this will be in a fit state at launch. I would be expecting a 35+GB install followed by a 3-7GB day one patch but even at that, I dont think it will be enough.

Ubisoft are in danger of ruining what is a super franchise. This game has the core to be amazing but I cannot understand developers wanting to push broken games. I would have more respect if they said "we are delayed the release again until we get it right". All that will happen now is the game will be released, it will receive negative reviews, no one will buy it and the franchise will be ruined and maybe even dropped by Ubisoft.

Shame...

Yeah I played the closed beta like mad and the open has all the same bugs which is madness. Connection issues still rampant, and its crazy that if the host leaves the game everyone gets the boot. Also joining games dead and having to wait for next round that no one ever starts again is brutal.

The normal terrorist mode now feels very unrealistic, its just waves of enemies now where as before it did feel like it was a man hunt and a you vs them scenario. Now it's just tangos spammed when defuser is set.....wtf

When it works its great but I would not pay anywhere near 60 Euros + for this no way.

Its a bit insane that the matchmaker is so bad.

Frankly if it wasnt this would be a serious contender for my favourite new online game this year

Ever since I've played it at EGX I've had so much fun with this game but the matchmaker woes really puts a damper on everything, especially when trying to play with friends.

had some wonderful games on the xbox version last night when the matchmaker works though I have 2 issues with the ranked playlist

1. Teammates who get disconnected dont get replaced, which can mean you are fcked if 1 or more teammates disconnect. Happened to us twice

2. If you quit you are blocked from the ranked playlist for 15 minutes. Which is unfair when both me and a friend had to quit cause the rest of our team disconnected and it was 2 vs 5.

currently ranked silver 3...whatever that means

I have found with the open beta the game favours attackers more cause the assault rifles hit *a lot* harder at range then they use to and I've seen multiple defenders put down in the blink of an eye from an attacker. Especially that new Russian one with the advanced optics.

@Wonda-boy I assume there will be multiple options for terrorist hunt in the full game...or I hope so at least. I kind of enjoy the madness of the current one, despite how unrealistic it is.

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Its a bit insane that the matchmaker is so bad.

Frankly if it wasnt this would be a serious contender for my favourite new online game this year

Ever since I've played it at EGX I've had so much fun with this game but the matchmaker woes really puts a damper on everything, especially when trying to play with friends.

had some wonderful games on the xbox version last night when the matchmaker works though I have 2 issues with the ranked playlist

1. Teammates who get disconnected dont get replaced, which can mean you are fcked if 1 or more teammates disconnect. Happened to us twice

2. If you quit you are blocked from the ranked playlist for 15 minutes. Which is unfair when both me and a friend had to quit cause the rest of our team disconnected and it was 2 vs 5.

currently ranked silver 3...whatever that means

I have found with the open beta the game favours attackers more cause the assault rifles hit *a lot* harder at range then they use to and I've seen multiple defenders put down in the blink of an eye from an attacker. Especially that new Russian one with the advanced optics.

@Wonda-boy I assume there will be multiple options for terrorist hunt in the full game...or I hope so at least. I kind of enjoy the madness of the current one, despite how unrealistic it is.

I just keep my breach charges for the bomb defuse and stick them on the walls......boooooom 4 or 5 tangos down one go

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I just keep my breach charges for the bomb defuse and stick them on the walls......boooooom 4 or 5 tangos down one go

nice. might try that next time

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    nice. might try that next time

Yeah try it, wait for them to all kinda bunch up as the AI is not great....once one tango is at the bomb the rest just stand there in the door way.

No matter how broken this game is/will be, I'll play it. Loved all the Rainbo games, Rainbow Six 3 was my first ever onlin game and will always be my favourite. Still shocking that this is happening days before launch.

madcabbage wrote: »
    No matter how broken this game is/will be, I'll play it. Loved all the Rainbo games, Rainbow Six 3 was my first ever onlin game and will always be my favourite. Still shocking that this is happening days before launch.

I aint gonna buy it while its in this state, and I sure as hell aint paying anywhere near 60-70 euro.

Back open now and it has never been this fast in matchmaking.

I would even go as far as to say it works.

Annnnnnnddddd its back to being ****.

Such a shame, theres a really good game in there.

Ubi should make movies.......

Matchmaking is much better but still far from perfect. Also what is with the amount of suicide bombers ffs....trying to be realistic are they!!!!!

One per round is fine but holy **** there were 4 in the one house last time and if you shoot one from anywhere they make a beeline for you no matter what is in the way totally stupid. I was on the roof shooting one next thing I know its up the back of the house on me from a totally different angle in about 30 secs!

Pffft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Can any one pass a verdict based on whats been played?

Thinking of buying this for xbox one on launch.
    Im never really vocal on games so is it essential on this to be in contact with team mates?

Always been a fan of the rainbow6 games but a bit unsure on this.

Advertisement