Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spider-Man - PS4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »

That looks gorgeous. There's no price in the link though. Any guesses how much it would be?

J. Marston wrote: »
    That looks gorgeous. There's no price in the link though. Any guesses how much it would be?

No idea, I'm just hoping Gamestop have it and offer a nice trade in deal for a regular PS4.

No idea, I'm just hoping Gamestop have it and offer a nice trade in deal for a regular PS4.

Gamestop will definitely have a trade in deal. It will probably be similar to the god of war deal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

J. Marston wrote: »

I think it looks horrendous. Couldn't imagine having that yoke under my telly at all.

Gamestop taking preorders from today (Saturday)

470 quid. Anyone remember what the god of war one was priced and what the deal was?

https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/69514/playstation-4-pro-1tb-spider-man-limited-edition-console-gamestop-exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Gamestop taking preorders from today (Saturday)

470 quid. Anyone remember what the god of war one was priced and what the deal was?

https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/69514/playstation-4-pro-1tb-spider-man-limited-edition-console-gamestop-exclusive
    It was 70 euro plus your console and ANY 2 games. I gave them killzone shadow fall and a PES game from a few years ago.

Thinking of doing it again, i prefer the spidey console to the GOW one.

That's probably when you're trading in a Pro console? Has to be more of your trading in a regular PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

In the market for a Ps4, really considering hold out for that spider man version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

That's probably when you're trading in a Pro console? Has to be more of your trading in a regular PS4?

You're right i did trade in a pro for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Not long left now. Seriously cannot wait for this game. Have a day in Lieu at work, might take it on the 7th :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was going to trade my Pro towards the new Spider-Man Pro, but might just go for the collectors edition instead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads where is the best place to order this online to get it delivered on release day? Usually would download games but currently broadband isn't making that an option so will be buying the disc but may not be able to get to a store on the day and would rather just order it an have it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,335 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads where is the best place to order this online to get it delivered on release day? Usually would download games but currently broadband isn't making that an option so will be buying the disc but may not be able to get to a store on the day and would rather just order it an have it delivered.

The Game Collection combined with Parcel Motel is always the quickest option for me. If you’re in Dublin, I’d imagine it will only be quicker. It’s £48.95 from them and you get a free steelbook.

Never any guarantee you’ll have it on the day, but it’s usually a safe bet in my past experiences as long as you go through Parcel Motel. DPD Parcel Wizard might also work, as long as you’re at home to receive it.

If there's a Smyths near you, you buy preorder online for 60 euro and get it for 55 if you choose to pick it up from your nearest store.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/marvel’s-spider-man-ps4/p/154087

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

martyos121 wrote: »
    The Game Collection combined with Parcel Motel is always the quickest option for me. If you’re in Dublin, I’d imagine it will only be quicker. It’s £48.95 from them and you get a free steelbook.

Never any guarantee you’ll have it on the day, but it’s usually a safe bet in my past experiences as long as you go through Parcel Motel. DPD Parcel Wizard might also work, as long as you’re at home to receive it.

Yeah not in Dublin anymore, out in the sticks hence the crappy broadband too but will have a look at Game Collection and Parcel Wizard.

Is there nobody that can pick it up for ya on the day?

• Advertisement

Can't guarantee they will be free on the day so would rather get it delivered and have it there waiting for me that evening when I have some time to play it. Have options now anyways at least.

martyos121 wrote: »
    . It’s £48.95 from them and you get a free steelbook..

For those who care, it's not the same steelbook that comes with the Deluxe/Collector's edition of the game.

Asked Insomniac via DM on twitter to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I enjoy the presence of Marvel locations like 177a Bleecker Street and Avengers tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

If there's a Smyths near you, you buy preorder online for 60 euro and get it for 55 if you choose to pick it up from your nearest store.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/marvel’s-spider-man-ps4/p/154087

Does the money have to be payed be up front or can you pay in store on the day?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Does the money have to be payed be up front or can you pay in store on the day?

I think you have to pay by card online but think the money doesn't come off the card into release day or you actually pick up the game, can't remember exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think you have to pay by card online but think the money doesn't come off the card into release day or you actually pick up the game, can't remember exactly.

Yep that's the one. It's taken 2-7 days before the game ships or is ready for pick up.

Gamestop FB said their SPIDER-MAN console deals are now live and to check in store. Checked in store today and the guy said you can trade in a regular PS4 with 2 games and 250 euro to get the PS4 pro with the game. Not sure if that's a regular pro or the red limited edition. Seems high for the limited edition never mind the standard pro.

Anyone else get the prices in their local?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Its the red pro. The Spiderman price of 250 is as shown on their site, also shown is the Fortnite console for 100, I have been told it's 180 for the GoW bundle.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Deals-&-Promotions

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Its the red pro. The Spiderman price of 250 is as shown on their site, also shown is the Fortnite console for 100, I have been told it's 180 for the GoW bundle.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Deals-&-Promotions

Ah feck that. I hope they'll have the standard pro with the game bundle and a trade deal for that.

Advertisement