Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Ryder Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

That would have seen Matthew Fitzpatrick missing out last year.

They have also decided to give a 50% weighting bonus to the events played in the last 3 months of qualifying. That makes the Masters much less important than the other 3 majors and more or less puts it on parity with the European PGA Championship

Also tournaments outside of Europe won't count in weeks when a Rolex series is on. Good news for the Irish Open if it remains in the series in 2018. Plus it will qualify for the 50% bonus points if it retains its new July date next year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm not so sure the extra wildcard can be that good or even important. especially with all the other changes which look very good

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm not so sure the extra wildcard can be that good or even important. especially with all the other changes which look very good

I agree, I think the additional weighting for tournaments closer to the Ryder Cup will have a much greater impact, you want the guys with form playing over the guy who won two tournaments 12 months previously but is now off the boil for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Tickets go on sale today at 2pm for those who registered interest with code emailed to access tickets.

Prices as follows. (A-adult, C-child)
    Tuesday 45A, 10c
    Wednesday 45A, 10C
    Thursday 80A, 10C
    Friday 150A+C
    Saturday 160A+C
    Sunday 175A+C
    Week 655A, 515C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tickets go on sale today at 2pm for those who registered interest with code emailed to access tickets.

Prices as follows. (A-adult, C-child)
    Tuesday 45A, 10c
    Wednesday 45A, 10C
    Thursday 80A, 10C
    Friday 150A+C
    Saturday 160A+C
    Sunday 175A+C
    Week 655A, 515C

I registered and got a code but don't think I will buy any tickets after mulling it over ,they are very expensive.

It's first come first served this year unlike others which were a lottery so demand is obviously lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

It's first come first served this year unlike others which were a lottery so demand is obviously lower.

I registered and got a code but don't think I will buy any tickets after mulling it over ,they are very expensive.

Same here...still trying to decide what I'm going to do. might just get Thur tickets?? In queue at present just in case I do decide to purchase but yes they are very expensive tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Accomodation is really pricy lads.

Accomodation is really pricy lads.

Yeah and its a year away so this ID thing on tickets put me off .

I got through in the queue but didn't buy the tickets ,I got timed out when trying to fill in all the bloody details for each person,ridiculous .
    Myself and the wife cant commit to definitely going ,and I dont think you can give the tickets to someone else due to ID restrictions ,especially with the terrorism alert in France so it might be for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Those prices are pretty hefty! I can't remember how much I paid for tickets for Valhalla in 2008, but I'm sure it was less than half that amount.

The price shown for the week is the total of the 6 daily prices. Is there no discount for buying a season ticket?

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Those prices are pretty hefty! I can't remember how much I paid for tickets for Valhalla in 2008, but I'm sure it was less than half that amount.

The price shown for the week is the total of the 6 daily prices. Is there no discount for buying a season ticket?

No reduction for a weekly ticket ,I think you actually get 6 daily tickets,which is ridiculous.

Tickets for the last Ryder cup in the US were $130 per day ,less than 100 euro at the time and there was a reduction for a weekly ticket.
    They are 150 -175 euro per day for Paris ,similar to Gleneagles in 2014.
    Its a corporate affair now .

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

How much were they for the K club out of interest - was there on Thursday as someone gave me their weekly pass

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rum Ham!

I ended up not buying tickets because my friend who was joining me wasn't fully committed and I didn't fancy being left stuck. I was going to get a couple of Thursday tickets but ended up not bothering either. Factoring in everything I felt it was going to get pretty expensive.

How much were they for the K club out of interest - was there on Thursday as someone gave me their weekly pass

They were alot cheaper

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/news05/ryder4.html
    Four Day Series Ticket
    (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) -- 345 Euros

Two Day Series Ticket
    (Thursday and Friday) -- 140 Euros

Two Day Series Ticket
    (Saturday and Sunday) -- 220 Euros

Day Tickets:
    Tuesday Practice Day Ticket -- 35 Euros

Wednesday Practice Day Ticket -- 35 Euros

Thursday Practice Day Ticket -- 45 Euros

Friday Ticket -- Day One of Competition -- 100 Euros

Saturday Ticket -- Day Two of Competition -- 100 Euros

Sunday Ticket -- Day Three of Competition -- 130 Euros

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

They were alot cheaper

Who thought ireland could be reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Those are definitely Paris prices

Rikand wrote: »
    Those are definitely Paris prices

The prices in Europe are always higher than the US.
    The US picks established famous courses whereas the European tour basically picks whoever will give them the most money .Its all about trying to make as much moola as possible .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Picked up 3 Saturday and 3 Sunday tickets yesterday. Total including shipping was €1,015 so €338 per person.

We also went to Gleneagles in 2014 on the Saturday and Sunday and it cost £268.50 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Paul Casey confirms he will rejoin European tour for 2018. Will be a big boost to European team. Let's just hope he doesn't bottle it like he does in strokeplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Ronney

Bit early to be starting this thread but sure why not.

I am booking a little golf holiday to coincide with the Ryder cup. Last time the Cup was held in Europe the tee times were as follows for the Fri/Sat

1st group 7.30 am morning and 13.15 afternoon. Given France is an hour ahead of GMT would I be right to assume aprox 6.30 and 12.30?

Planning my rounds to maximize viewing time

• Advertisement

So by golf holiday you mean you're taking Friday off work and parking yourself in front of the TV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Ronney

Rikand wrote: »
    So by golf holiday you mean you're taking Friday off work and parking yourself in front of the TV ?

Ha ha, have that holiday booked for the 19/20th of July!

Am heading away with a few lads and our plan is to watch morning session Fri, play fri afternoon, play Sat morning and watch Sat afternoon session. Finishing up with watching all day Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Any chance of a wildcard for Tiger if he stays fit? Massive for the ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Anyone know what sort of price you would be looking at for tickets? Saw you need to register interest on the website. Doesn't appear to be any price listing.

Anyone know what sort of price you would be looking at for tickets? Saw you need to register interest on the website. Doesn't appear to be any price listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭the long lad

€179 for the Friday, €189 Sat, €199 Sun. I managed to pick up tickets for the Sunday last week in the second round of ticket sales. It's probably no harm to register in case there is a third round but I wouldn't get your hopes up. The first round sold out in no time but there were system issues, tickets were available for about 24 hours last week before being sold out.

€179 for the Friday, €189 Sat, €199 Sun. I managed to pick up tickets for the Sunday last week in the second round of ticket sales. It's probably no harm to register in case there is a third round but I wouldn't get your hopes up. The first round sold out in no time but there were system issues, tickets were available for about 24 hours last week before being sold out.

Nice one. Enjoy.

That's more affordable than I thought they would be. Would love to get over for one of the days.

Must try and gather a few of my friends for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The event doesn't do much for me unless there is a real Irish interest.

By that, I would be looking for Paul Dunne or Shane Lowry to be in it.

Padraig not looking likely and Seamus Power not in the mix.

The course set up was a joke last time - Bomb , pitch and putt. It made a nonsense of it from a golfing perspective.

I normally get into it as it goes on - but fingers crossed and looking good for Paul and maybe a good chance for Shane.

We always have Rory - but not the same for me.. ( that is just a me thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shane hasn't a hope imo unless he starts winning a few tournaments plenty of lads ahead of him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Wombatman wrote: »
    Any chance of a wildcard for Tiger if he stays fit? Massive for the ratings.

He could yet qualify on merit!

Advertisement