Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones

• 01-12-2016 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭

For anyone looking for arguably the best noise cancelling headphones, Dixons at Dublin Airport have them at the moment for €309. Cheapest I could find them normally was €379 in a b&m shop and a little cheaper on Amazon.

https://www.theloop.ie/p/18468/bose-quiet-comfort-35

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Thanks for that, keeping an eye on them for a while now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Any QC25 bargains around? Not really concerned about bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Available for £242 (roughly €290) from Martin Dawes in the UK See HUKD page here

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Great deal,

I was gutted that the QC35's came out one month after I bought the QC25's. Heading to JFK in a week's time so if these are available in black then I'll be buying them.

Active noise cancelling is pretty much a must for flying. Nothing like flicking a switch to completely silence that baby crying throughout your flight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Time wrote: »
    Available for £242 (roughly €290) from Martin Dawes in the UK See HUKD page here

They seem to be out of stock on their website www.martindawes.com/search?query=qc35
    Heading to JFK in a week's time so if these are available in black then I'll be buying them.

Would you get them tax free when your destination is outside the EU? How much is the tax actually?

• Advertisement

YanisK wrote: »
    Would you get them tax free when your destination is outside the EU? How much is the tax actually?

Generally Dixons have a single price regardless of your destination, it's only on the traditional duty free (alcohol, tobacco, cosmetics) that you have different prices depending on your destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

This may help nobody....

But a mate of mine bought us QC25s in a Bose Outlet store in Toronto. They were factory renewed, and honestly I never would have known the difference.

We paid about 190 Canadian for them. At the time they were retailing at 330 euro here. So if you are travelling and you're okay with factory new, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

errlloyd wrote: »
    This may help nobody....

But a mate of mine bought us QC25s in a Bose Outlet store in Toronto. They were factory renewed, and honestly I never would have known the difference.

We paid about 190 Canadian for them. At the time they were retailing at 330 euro here. So if you are travelling and you're okay with factory new, go for it.

by any chance you have a link or remember where etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Skyfarm wrote: »
    by any chance you have a link or remember where etc ?

I'll get on to him and ask for you, I've a feeling it was an out of town retail park sort of gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

YanisK wrote: »

Generally Dixons have a

Possibly in the airport on your way back. However, I was really surprised with the savings in dixons, usually I find them quiet expensive, I wasn't even going to look there but had a spare bit of time and the curiosity got the better of me :)

I've been watching them for a while now and they rarely come down from £289 Sterling that they sell for in the Bose stores.

Factory refurbished sounds good too, perhaps there's an Irish store as they do or did have a factory in this country.

• Advertisement

Possibly in the airport on your way back. However, I was really surprised with the savings in dixons, usually I find them quiet expensive, I wasn't even going to look there but had a spare bit of time and the curiosity got the better of me :)

If I was to buy them I'd get them on the way over. I'd wouldn't take the QC25's as I'd be carrying weight and the noise cancelling head phones on the plane aren't great and you can't listen to your own devices.

Dixons is where I bought the QC's 25 and they were a bargain too at the time 🙂.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Dixons is fantastic. Picked up Bose Soundlink 2 for E209. They're E319 in their store in Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

1 pair on amazon warehouse, like new condition, £212 approx.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Was in the BOSE store on Regent St in London yesterday and they were selling the QC25's for £129, reduced from £229!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Buy them! Buy them all!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Was in the BOSE store on Regent St in London yesterday and they were selling the QC25's for £129, reduced from £229!!!!

That's a great deal!
    I have a pair of QC 2:s from 10 years ago, still going strong. But at that price I'd consider upgrading. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Great deal,

I was gutted that the QC35's came out one month after I bought the QC25's. Heading to JFK in a week's time so if these are available in black then I'll be buying them.

Active noise cancelling is pretty much a must for flying. Nothing like flicking a switch to completely silence that baby crying throughout your flight :pac:
    Especially if it's yours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Recently got a pair of QC15s in CEX for €65, the best part being I traded in some old unwanted stuff so they only cost me €15 cash. Arguably the best headphones I've ever owned. I'm sure the 35s or even 25s are a million times better but these are just so good, I can't see myself upgrading them for a while. Really want to take a long haul flight just to give them a good workout.

Actually wearing them now listening to KISS while typing this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

A lot of money for headphones, are they that much better?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Mr Arrior wrote: »

Yep.
    I travel a fair bit with work and I wouldn't be without therm on a flight.
    Its amazing how much external noise they eliminate.
    And mine are an old version, I'd guess these ones would be very impressive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Wow, that is unbelievable, best price I've ever seen them at, buy them, but them all!
    Mr Arrior wrote: »

Yes, even at full price they are a must for frequent travellers.

I take a lot of 9+ hour flights and I use to find the flights exhausting, but since I got Bose QC (in ear version), I found that it made flights unbelievably much more comfortable and the time just flies by now. It makes long flights much easier. I can just chill out and really watch the movie/tv show in almost as much comfort as home.

I should explain, they don't block out every single sound, if not listening to music/movie, you will still hear some sound and people talking around you, but at a much lower level then normal. Once you start listening to something, you will hear almost nothing, to the extent that air staff have to poke me to get my attention for food, etc. :D

It is when you take them off during the flight then you realise what a good job they are doing when your ears are assaulted by almost the painfully high noise level of a plane.

damian139 wrote: »
    Especially if it's yours

Totally feel for the parents, I have one friend that has bought 100 sets of earplugs on amazon, anytime he flies he hands them out to those around him with a note apologising in advance if they end up screaming.

OU812 wrote: »
    Recently got a pair of QC15s in CEX for €65, the best part being I traded in some old unwanted stuff so they only cost me €15 cash. Arguably the best headphones I've ever owned. I'm sure the 35s or even 25s are a million times better but these are just so good, I can't see myself upgrading them for a while. Really want to take a long haul flight just to give them a good workout.

Actually wearing them now listening to KISS while typing this :)

twice that price on CEX now, you got a bargain

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Harvery Norman: €299

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones/bose-quietcomfort-35-wireless-headphones-silver.html?r=2

Would love to pick up a pair of these, don't think the wife would let me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Harvery Norman: €299

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones/bose-quietcomfort-35-wireless-headphones-silver.html?r=2

Would love to pick up a pair of these, don't think the wife would let me!

Wow. Didn't think I'd see them that low...

Do what i do and buy them and if the wife asks tell her you bought them ages ago :) and for the bonus point convince her she bought them for you :)

only available on the Silver colour, guess which one sold the better so :pac:

Think these are on special on amazon.it, not sure of the colour, seen earlier on hduk

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

sweetie wrote: »
    Think these are on special on amazon.it, not sure of the colour, seen earlier on hduk

~€290 including standard delivery to Ire. Available in black and silver.
    Delivery 23-25 dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

sweetie wrote: »

Damn, both colours http://amzn.to/2hyiAjr

My wallet is crying :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement