Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭elmicko

Harvey Norman's advertising the QC35s for €299 - plenty in stock too. I have the Backbeat Pros and they are excellent for sound quality but the noise cancelling is probably not as good as these. I am very tempted....
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/headphones-ireland/bose-quietcomfort-35-wireless-headphones-silver.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

elmicko wrote: »
    Harvey Norman's advertising the QC35s for €299 - plenty in stock too. I have the Backbeat Pros and they are excellent for sound quality but the noise cancelling is probably not as good as these. I am very tempted....
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/headphones-ireland/bose-quietcomfort-35-wireless-headphones-silver.html

Last time HN reduced them to 299 they were only at that price for a day. Get them quick if your thinking about them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If you're wavering on these, don't. Grab them now. I bought them this morning. 70% charged out of the box. Incredible noise reduction on my flight to Helsinki. It was worth €300 not to have to listen to the cow behind me reading texts to her husband.
    I have some good headphones already but these are head and shoulder above anything else I've tried.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

but these are head and shoulder above anything else I've tried.

Ah, I see what you did there!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

I got these QC20s (in ear) for GBP169 back in March. Use them on the train, on flights and in work sometimes. Love them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X9KVLOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Ahhhh so tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Bought a pair this morning. Been travelling around London all day on public transport, absolute bliss!!

Only issue is getting used to overear cans as I am used to bud style earphones!

Apart form that they are the shnizz nizz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Gone back up again in HN. Only the silver ones reduced. Was tempted but have my sister picking up the black ones for slightly more in the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

350 euro in the first of three airports I'm passing through today - below 300 and I'll be buying them

350 euro in the first of three airports I'm passing through today - below 300 and I'll be buying them

UK airports have them £269

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭yannakis

Rackstar wrote: »
    UK airports have them £269

That's about €315; it won't qualify for him :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

I bought a QC15s three years ago for $260. One of the best purchases I have ever made, I use them everyday. The sound quality is fantastic and they really do help on flights. Also when I have to study, it helps me zone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

Bought the QC35's in HN's yesterday. They are nice!!!

Thanks for bargain alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Rackstar wrote: »
    Gone back up again in HN.

Phew, that saved me €299 for now.

Anyone know is it a user replaceable, readily available, rechargeable battery or a "special" odd ball battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

From what I have read, the battery is specific and is not user replaceable. But they do come with a 24 month warranty.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Phew, that saved me €299 for now.

Anyone know is it a user replaceable, readily available, rechargeable battery or a "special" odd ball battery.

It uses a lithium ion battery similar to your phone or laptop and no it isn't replaceable, at least not day to day replaceable, these sort of things often can be replaced by a repair place, but no guarantee.

It is charged using micro-usb, so if you wanted you could use a battery powerbank like the one many people use to charge their phone or tablet. Also many airline seats nowadays come with USB charging at each seat, which can also be used to charge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Got the QC25s over a year ago. They really are great. People knock BOSE as being over priced etc, but they sound great and the noise cancelling is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

Even Santa wears Bose, so should you. :D
    Have a great Christmas everyone. :)

12356351_1498122627159566_135499101_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE0NTM2Mjk3ODYxMzM2NjM3Nw%3D%3D.2

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Harvey Norman has the silver ones back down to €299 in their sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Giggernaut

Bought QC25s in Dixons Travel Heathrowe for £219. Purchased in a hurry and noticed only compatible with iPhone. Yep, all devices are Android. DAAAMN IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Giggernaut wrote: »
    Bought QC25s in Dixons Travel Heathrowe for £219. Purchased in a hurry and noticed only compatible with iPhone. Yep, all devices are Android. DAAAMN IT

If you can go to the nose store in dundrum and explain your scenario. They may swap the cable for you. The only difference between the two is the iOS cable differs for the inline playback controls

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Giggernaut

If you can go to the nose store in dundrum and explain your scenario. They may swap the cable for you. The only difference between the two is the iOS cable differs for the inline playback controls

Appreciate the comment, I'll be trying that tomorrow.

I can't see me doing the return in an Irish PC World I recall seeing €349 for qc25 s online.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Giggernaut wrote: »

No problem. Its only the cable. Worst case just buy the Android cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

No problem. Its only the cable. Worst case just buy the Android cable.

Absolute worse case scenario you can still use the cable for music, and the pause play button will probably still work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Thanks BA for the alert. Bought these for my brother for a box-in-together gift and he was thrilled. He commutes daily in London so I imagine they'll get some use. Kinda jealous I didn't get a pair for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone spot these in the sales yet?

Anyone spot these in the sales yet?

299 for silver ones in Harvey Norman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Thanks BA for the alert. Bought these for my brother for a box-in-together gift and he was thrilled. He commutes daily in London so I imagine they'll get some use. Kinda jealous I didn't get a pair for myself.

The London tube will be bliss with these cans!!
    Even just turning them on with no music playing blocks out most of the outside world!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

frag420 wrote: »
    The London tube will be bliss with these cans!!
    Even just turning them on with no music playing blocks out most of the outside world!

Can confirm. My bose QC25s are capable of blocking out an entire 46a top saloon filled with Spanish exchange students. Magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Harvey Norman has the silver ones back down to €299 in their sale.

Cheers, went ahead for the silver ones, been contemplating these for a while! Would have preferred black but when their on who knows what colour they are! Only have eight hours of flying left until I get to fly with them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement