Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Dalary Obnoxious Whistle

Definitely shouldn't have used a phone app.
    Not being able to save to memory was a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jthepope2

Hi all,
    Just wondering how quickly things could potentially move for those who are successful with the aptitudes?
    The next round would be supervised aptitudes followed by interviews on another day?
    Am I right in thinking that people who applied from the previous campaign, as in December 2015ish, have only started in their jobs of late? IE it has taken them a year to get through the stages etc?
    What's the quickest people have taken up roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I am finding the practice numerical sh1t hard. Not looking good for when I do the real thing tomorrow.:(

Tomorrow is deadline by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

jthepope2 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering how quickly things could potentially move for those who are successful with the aptitudes?
    The next round would be supervised aptitudes followed by interviews on another day?
    Am I right in thinking that people who applied from the previous campaign, as in December 2015ish, have only started in their jobs of late? IE it has taken them a year to get through the stages etc?

Depends where you come on the panel after interviews. A friend of mine was around no. 20 and took up his preferred location in January 2016. There were people who started before then, much quicker if you choose Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

jthepope2 wrote: »
    Hi all,

It was December 2014, online tests were in february 2015, results came out two weeks later and people were first placed around summer 2015. People are still being placed 2 years on.

I was successful and started last year after I stated I was interested in Dublin as there was no movement locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

can you do the verbal now and log in later and do the numerical...allowed some time to do exams at work in a private room but wont have time to do both

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Just done. A breeze compared to practice ones! But that ain't to say it was easy though. Good luck to those who still have to do it yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

I'm in the same boat as Yeboah - advice from those who have taken the test would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sid_1

You can do the verbal and then take a few minutes of a breather but have to leave computer on. You cant do verbal and log off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sid_1

Did mine on Sunday. Definitely not as hard as the practise tests. Pleasantly surprised tbh. Not taking anything for granted though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

Thanks for the advice Sid_1.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

All done, verbal actually not to bad. Numerical found some quite tough even though I got the 8 practice questions right at the start. Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

Is there any way to tell what questions i got right and wrong in the practice verbal? there was a couple that I was unsure of (and subsequently got wrong) that I would like clarification on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    All done, verbal actually not to bad. Numerical found some quite tough even though I got the 8 practice questions right at the start. Good luck everyone

Fairly similar for myself, felt the verbal went ok and got to the end in the Numerical one but there was two early on I just knew I wouldn't be able to do, so made a guess at them and moved on. I think was the right move because I answered the last 3 fairly confidently

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

jfrmbray wrote: »
    Is there any way to tell what questions i got right and wrong in the practice verbal? there was a couple that I was unsure of (and subsequently got wrong) that I would like clarification on.

Unfortunately not. It be great if it did at least u would know where u went wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

jfrmbray wrote: »

There is, take note of your answers and then change your answers for the ones you got wrong. It will tell you when you've answered them all correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

There is, take note of your answers and then change your answers for the ones you got wrong. It will tell you when you've answered them all correctly

Ah ****, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

Hi all, done the test this morning. No where near in comparison to the practice tests. Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Worryingly, one or two people found the practice ones a breeze...

At least that's what they are telling us! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

py2006 wrote: »
    Worryingly, one or two people found the practice ones a breeze...

At least that's what they are telling us! ;-)

Depends which practice ones you're talking about... The practice tests on the SHL website are ridiculously hard but the practice tests sent with the assessment are easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Did it yesterday evening, I don't think I did too bad.
    Just on a sidenote, while I was doing the numerical, my boy woke up and went in and was quite upset that I send him out again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

LirW wrote: »
    Did it yesterday evening, I don't think I did too bad.
    Just on a sidenote, while I was doing the numerical, my boy woke up and went in and was quite upset that I send him out again :rolleyes:

I had mine warned to only disturb me if the house was falling down. The joys of trying to find a quiet time to do these things when kids are in the vicinity. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just finished there. I would bother with the initial link give for practice tests, far too hard and not like the actual tests.

Just do the 8 samples before the real thing.

That being said, fairly sure I have failed the maths, had to guess the last 3 as I was running outta time. Extremely Pissed off cause I finished high on the last EO tests but missed attending my supervised exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I did my tests on Saturday. I didn't mind the numerical, Felt like i got 100% bar 2 questions towards the end. The verbal on the other hand, I can never tell the difference between "False" and "Cannot Tell".
    I went to my Aunts house to do them as I knew no one was home there. Still didn't stop my Dad trying to call my half way through to ask me how I was getting on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Got the tests done. Went through verbal quickly enough but almost ran out of time for the numerical had to guess a few. Tried my best with it but seemed a bit more straight forward than the shl practice tests! Did the sample practice tests a few times it helped ease into the actual tests. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Just did it there and I think I've done **** in both tests.

I wasn't as motivated or prepared for this comp compared to others

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Folks,

When you click the link to do the second part of the exam (Verbal & Numerical) and the person details screen comes up, it has auto populated with my candidate number as an e-mail address. I changed it to my own personal E-Mail address, did i do right or make a mistake????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I left there email address as it was

I assumed it was linked to the login details they sent us so I left it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffeegal

I changed it to my own email address too. I wondered at the time if I should leave it or not but I really just wanted to get the tests over with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I left there email address as it was

I assumed it was linked to the login details they sent us so I left it

I did the same

Advertisement