Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I just applied there. Does anyone know why in the initial application, it doesn't allow you to provide your CV or at least to answer questions on your education details or work experience? They just ask what level of qualification you have (eg diploma or degree etc) rather than what your actual degree is (eg BA Public Administration). Likewise, your work experience you can only advise if you are management, experienced, entry level, length of time etch rather than being able to demonstrate your actual experience (what companies or organisations you worked for, what your position was, duties: project management, planning, organisation, customer service etc).

How can they shortlist candidates based on such scant high level information? Surely they risk overlooking desirable candidates if those candidates are unable to elaborate on their academic and professional qualifications/experience/abilities? Any other job application would have sections to fill this info out or have you include a CV/cover letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

They only care that you meet the basic requirements, they use the aptitude tests to shortlist applicants.

They get thousands of applications they can't read and rank all CVs. Your qualifications should stand to you at interview though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

misslemon wrote: »
    They only care that you meet the basic requirements, they use the aptitude tests to shortlist applicants.

They get thousands of applications they can't read and rank all CVs. Your qualifications should stand to you at interview though.

Ah, that makes sense! Thank you for your quick response!!:)

One other question, by default then, does everyone who applied get the opportunity to do the online assessment (and if does well enough, proceed to the aptitude test)?

ongarboy wrote: »
    One other question, by default then, does everyone who applied get the opportunity to do the online assessment (and if does well enough, proceed to the aptitude test)?

No problem! 😀

We all do the online assessment questionnaire and aptitude tests. Those who pass are ranked by order of score and they take however many they need (it varies from campaign to campaign) through to stage 2. But everyone gets a shot at stage one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

I got so close to making the top 300 cut-off for the recent AO competition but ultimately fell short. So this time around I want to be more prepared for the online tests.

Does anyone have any good links to similar tests? Or can anyone remember the name of the company who administered them? I'm considering paying for practice tests.

It's the verbal reasoning ones I find the toughest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I wasn't even going to bother, since I suck at those aptitude tests but I couldn't ignore it anyway.

It was cut-e for AO anyway. I fecking hate those tabs!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Cheers, I remember the name cut-e alright. Also remember the name Cubiks - but that might be from some other applications I've done.

Wouldn't have considered ever paying for practice tests in the past but after having had the frustrating experience of probably only being one or two correct answers away from an interview in the AO competition I think I might do it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

OneQ wrote: »
    Hi - does anyone know what pension contribution we would need to pay if successful for Executive Officer role ? can you share a link please

Taxcalc.ie have an option for public servants so you can calculate it there and you'd be going odd the executive officer ppc scale just Google it there's a circular somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭starf1sh

Can't wait until the online testing is done, should be next week I think.

Did anyone else go for the EO positions with the National Transport Authority and Residential Tenancies Board?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

What do people reckon the numbers will be applying for this.

Anecdotally I know a lot of co's that are applying/have applied already.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

Can anyone tell me, when PAS call is it from a Dublin or private number? I missed a call from a private number but no voicemail yesterday, should I give them a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

ellen90 wrote: »
    I have submitted my application but when I go back in to view it the section 'experience and qualifications' hasn't saved. I've tried to re-save a few times but no joy. Has anyone else had this problem?

I dropped them a mail about this. They are aware of the issue and say that the correct info appears on their systems even if not visible on our side.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

80sbaby wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me, when PAS call is it from a Dublin or private number? I missed a call from a private number but no voicemail yesterday, should I give them a call?

any time I've gotten a call from them the number was visible and if they I missed a call they left a voicemail telling me to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

(iv) have passed the first year examination of a course leading to a recognised degree;

Can anyone tell me in regard to the above minimum requirement what is classified as a recognised degree? I have a level 6 Higher Certificate which would allow me to progress to a degree if I so wish - awarded from DIT - Would my first year exams for this count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 appler

I've just completed the application. Did I do something wrong or does the application not include an option to upload a CV? Panicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

appler wrote: »
    I've just completed the application. Did I do something wrong or does the application not include an option to upload a CV? Panicking!

No need to panic. If you are successful and advance to the next round. You will be asked to provide a CV like form listing out your education, career and examples of competences.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

starf1sh wrote: »

Did anyone else go for the EO positions with the National Transport Authority and Residential Tenancies Board?

I got placed low teens after interview for the NTA. Anyone else?

Anyone out there work in the NTA?

Any idea how many they might take from panel?

Panel has a lifespan of 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

I've looked at the Public Jobs website and can't find the info regarding the test dates anymore.  Has anyone received an email with this info yet or does anyone remember the dates please?  I remember it being something like the 16-18 January??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Just got a message and text now about an Assessment Questionnaire coming shortly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

caarp wrote:
    I've looked at the Public Jobs website and can't find the info regarding the test dates anymore. Has anyone received an email with this info yet or does anyone remember the dates please? I remember it being something like the 16-18 January??

Just got email saying we'll get link on Tues 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got no email yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Got no email yet :(

Mine is in. Says it was posted at 17:50, so it could be getting sent in batches.

Maldesu wrote: »
    Mine is in. Says it was posted at 17:50, so it could be getting sent in batches.

Message on my public jobs message board so all is good

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

when filling out the questionnaire based on the scenarios, part 1a that is being sent to you, are we looking at the scenarios from an executive officers point of view ??

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

starf1sh wrote: »

I went for the RTB, have an interview in a few weeks. I applied for the HEO in the RTB as well, waiting to hear back about getting an interview for that

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Danielle D wrote: »
    caarp wrote:
    I've looked at the Public Jobs website and can't find the info regarding the test dates anymore. Has anyone received an email with this info yet or does anyone remember the dates please? I remember it being something like the 16-18 January??

Just got email saying we'll get link on Tues 17th
    Thank you!  I got the email too.  Best of luck.

Any sample tests I could practice over the weekend ?

Just checking, this is slightly different to the AO competition, right? We're just doing the assessment next week rather than getting links to the assessment and aptitude tests at the one time?

I know it's pretty self-explanatory I just don't want to rule myself out on a misunderstanding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭scullersky

Does anyone have the information booklet ? I lost it off my laptop and can't find it on public jobs

Advertisement