Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Comments

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Seems a good price for Gunstar Heroes...or it is because it's not boxed ?

I must be out of the game too long, I'm sure I payed about 14 sterling for boxed mint off eBay about 5 years ago. Have the prices jumped that much recently?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    Boy, that escalated quickly!

There was a Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge as well, but it was sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

https://www.donedeal.ie/games-for-sale/rare-mb-vectrex-1980s-arcade-game-plus-13-games/13099516

Vectrex for sale in Waterford. Not a bargain but pretty uncommon to see ones in the box on dungdeal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's on Adverts as well, same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I must be out of the game too long, I'm sure I payed about 14 sterling for boxed mint off eBay about 5 years ago. Have the prices jumped that much recently?

Here's one on eBay that sold 2 days ago : Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

withdrawn now. actually getting people messaging me **** about it. not worth the hassle.

BGOllie wrote: »
    withdrawn now. actually getting people messaging me **** about it. not worth the hassle.

Over Gunstar for €30?
    Seems unfair, given that it's a fair price for an excellent, iconic, 6/10 title.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,281 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

BGOllie wrote: »

You serious? Jesus :eek: people are mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

What are people taking exception to, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Inviere

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    What are people taking exception to, exactly?

Good prices on Adverts? Can't be havin' that now can we...

• Advertisement

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Here's one on eBay that sold 2 days ago : Linky

Thats mental. Is this a trend thats likely to continue or are we looking at some kind of retro bubble?:confused:

Thats mental. Is this a trend thats likely to continue or are we looking at some kind of retro bubble?:confused:

Personally I think there's a burst going to happen soon. I sold a chunk of games last year to fund a pinball.

I think the prices are getting insane and the ammount of people who are buying and not even playing is pretty high I think.

Its the nostalgia with most people I think. This is the perfect time for Nes, SNES and MD kids who played them growing up to be buying them right now, I'd say we're at the tail end of these people in the next short while.

Personally I think there's a burst going to happen soon. I sold a chunk of games last year to fund a pinball.

I think the prices are getting insane and the ammount of people who are buying and not even playing is pretty high I think.

Its the nostalgia with most people I think. This is the perfect time for Nes, SNES and MD kids who played them growing up to be buying them right now, I'd say we're at the tail end of these people in the next short while.

Hopefully. I collect almost exclusively for the Megadrive and id like to pick up a few of the higher profile games in the foreseeable future. Itd kill me to pay over the odds for Streets of Rage 3 when its so grossly inferior to its japanese counterpart:mad:

Where did the bubble start? It seems like two minutes ago I was paying 10 quid for a retro compilation, only to turn around and find'em being sold individually on digital distribution services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I know people can go through phases of buying game for a particular system but some people take it to extremes. I was browsing through Instagram the other day when I came across somebody who had bought fifteen hundred games in the last year, the vast majority of these were games you'd never play, pure sh1te of the highest order. I think I'd probably have about nine hundred but that's after been collecting for twenty five years and to be honest I'd struggle to find the time to play the games I have but I'd still buy an odd one. I always regret not picking up more US SNES games when they were cheaper, games where the language barrier would be an issue on the Japanese releases.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, those that buy stuff at those kinds of volumes tend to burn out and sell it on just as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    In my (admittedly limited) experience, those that buy stuff at those kinds of volumes tend to burn out and sell it on just as quick.

You wouldn't have time to look at the games, never mind play them, It averages out at about four games a day. Maybe as you say they just unload everything just as quick when the realise that nobody really needs twenty years worth of every sports franchise known to man.I'd say the last five or six years have seen the biggest rises, a lot of the Japanese stuff has gotten expensive in the last few years.

Not a bargain but a pretty nice Sonic art book

https://www.candb.com/en/artwork/2076/sonic-the-hedgehog-25th-anniversary-art-book-collector-s-edition-sega.html

€105 is a steep enough price but I'd imagine that for the price the quality would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Not a bargain but a pretty nice Sonic art book

https://www.candb.com/en/artwork/2076/sonic-the-hedgehog-25th-anniversary-art-book-collector-s-edition-sega.html

€105 is a steep enough price but I'd imagine that for the price the quality would be great

Wow! I pre-ordered two of these for €80ish including postage from the publisher back in November I think.

Got one for me and one for a friend's birthday.

Edit: I'm wrong, I ordered 2 of the standard edition back then. €43 each now though.

Not a bargain, just a request.

Anyone have a good source for a NTSC Nes? Just picked up one locally for the case but I want some innards from the US of A for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Ok, so I have a trade account with a pc component supplier and they are currently clearing a few console related bits and pieces. all items are brand new old stock, made by logic 3 and are costing approx. €1.20 a piece once the VAT is added. no point me posting a link because you need an account to log into the site. if theres any interest PM me and we can sort something out, I'm in mayo but can collect items and post, heres a list

Logic3 PS476 - 1.8M Pad Extension Cable

Gold plated joypad extension cable for all PlayStation consoles

Extension cable
    Dual shock compatible
    Gold Plated
    6 foot (1.8m)

Logic3 PS482S - Silver Stabilizer Stand for PS2

Support your PS2 in the vertical position securely in the Logic3 PS2 Stabilizer Stand.

PS2 vertical stand Holds PS2 secure in upright position Rubber dampers reduce vibration Ability to store 8 DVD and 2 Memory Cards

Logic3 PS482 - Stabilizer Stand for PS2 - Black

Support you PS2 in the vertical position securely in the Logic3 PS2 Stabilizer.

PS2 stand
    Holds PS2 secure in upright position
    Rubber dampers reduce vibration

Logic3 GSP621 - 2 Player Multi Link Cable

Link cable allowing two Gameboy Advance consoles to be linked together. Compatible with many GBA & GBA-SP games. Additional Link cables can be linked to enable extra players.

GBA & GBA-SP Link cable
    1.8m (6ft) Total Cable Length
    Connects two Gameboys together
    Suitable for all multiplayer games
    Ferrite cores for added enhancement and to reduce interference

Logic3 GSP671 - GBA Game Cases (6 singles pack)
    Storage unit for Gameboy Advance game cartridges. Pack of six, each holding one cartridge.

Game cartridge storage case
    Storage unit for GBA games
    6 per pack
    1 per case

Logic3 GC849 - Gamecube Game Cases X 4

Hard Shell Game Cases for Gamecube disks

Hard shell storage cases
    Each case holds 4 Gamecube disks
    4 cases per pack
    4 colours per pack - Black, Purple, Orange & Red

Logic3 GC868 - Gamecube Controller Extension Cable

Controller Extension Cable for Gamecube

Gamecube controller extension cable
    Compatible with all Gamecube controllers
    6ft (1.8m) cable

Logic3 GC870 - GC / GBA Link Cable

Link your GBA/GBA-SP to your Gamecube Allows the GBA to be used as a GC controller (Software dependent)

6ft (1.8m) cable

Not retro but somewhat arcade, Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours is discounted on PS4 to €17.99 which is a nice discount, that's from their PS Store.

Not a bargain but a space invaders on dungdeal.
    Looks cool but not my cup of tea!

https://www.donedeal.ie/games-for-sale/original-space-invaders-arcade-machine/14946152

Cheap upright with CRT for sale, you will have to travel to Belfast though, still, a reasonable €300
    http://www.adverts.ie/12515262

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Cheap upright with CRT for sale, you will have to travel to Belfast though, still, a reasonable €300
    http://www.adverts.ie/12515262

This and 3 others are for sale across the road for 650gbp for I reckon 200 would be a more sensible price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I put a few games up in the marketplace.
    Prices are reasonable i think for what the games are.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭actua11

Golden Discs in Dundrum are selling off a lot of older games for €2 each. I just picked up a few today, and though not a massive selection, I found a couple on the PS2 like Gran Turismo 4. There's also a few shelves of older PC games, and I'm sure the PS3 stock was going for maybe €5 each (maybe even some for €2 also?), so probably worth a look if any of you are passing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

L1m1tless wrote: »

Missed a few great deals in the last week.
    Who got this?

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    Missed a few great deals in the last week.
    Who got this?

I thought about it and even made an offer.
    Decided it wasn't for me tho.
    Wouldnt have the space + have 2 projects in the works. (maybe 3)

Advertisement