Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I asked myself that question many times while reading the email. What a bunch of clowns.

Well it just doesn't seem fair. Glad we have till the 29th of March to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭TheDavester

fin12 wrote: »
    Well it just doesn't seem fair. Glad we have till the 29th of March to do it.

on the pubic jobs website, theres practice exams of the Verbal/Maths/Error checking - its weird if you only practice once.....

I got the text at 10pm tonight and got the email this morning so they might be late with the text

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

L390 wrote: »
    hopefully its not as long as the PAS CLERICAL OFFICER one...its been going on since last year for me...

The PAS clerical one has not been that slow moving for the majority of high scorers. I had progressed past three stages by mid October after having applied in june

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

The PAS clerical one has not been that slow moving for the majority of high scorers. I had progressed past three stages by mid October after having applied in june

I applied in May only had interview in Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 28 amandag116

Just so you all have an idea i am currently a TCO with the HSE almost 2 yrs and all of us that are TCO's in my job we have quiet a few have to do this campaign to secure our jobs. So it can go either way if current tcos do not pass more jobs open up its mad! But there are quiet alot of vacancies!! Im in Dublin and places have been so understaffed due to embargos over the last few years!! Good luck everyone x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Hi Just wondering what kind of scores do you all reckon we'll need to get on the online assessment, if the numbers are high I presume a pass rate won't be enough what do you reckon?

Treatycat wrote: »
    Hi Just wondering what kind of scores do you all reckon we'll need to get on the online assessment, if the numbers are high I presume a pass rate won't be enough what do you reckon?

If it's like the Pas - the pass rate is 40 iirc but it's the higher you get - you'll get called up for further progress

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

I'm a student nurse at the minute and I'm thinking of changing roles, do you think this will work against me should I get to interview stage? As in that I may drop out?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

I applied in May only had interview in Feb

I don't think applications opened to June. It's a 2 year panel so it will be open to end of summer '18. Everyone applied at the same time so we are all waiting not just you.

Sorry meant I signed up in May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 haiphong

Does anyone have any idea how many people applied and how many positions are available?

haiphong wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how many people applied and how many positions are available?

nope they never disclose it.....They might say how many applied - clerical officer one had around 30000 applying for it at the first stage as they said it in a independent article

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf00

What's the salary for these positions?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Wellywoo

Wolf00 wrote: »
    What's the salary for these positions?
    Thanks.

Same scale as CO campaign, approx €21k unless you've previous experience in public sector afaik.

When you say previous experience does that mean in clerical roles as I'm 13 years in public service but as clerical

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

hi all first of all good luck to you all!! anyone guide me as to what type of numerical skills i need to brush up on? its years since i done percentages or fractions or any of those type maths & would these likely to be part of exam? i havnt opened the link yet as i have not been on my pc!! many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

tiny14 wrote: »
    hi all first of all good luck to you all!! anyone guide me as to what type of numerical skills i need to brush up on? its years since i done percentages or fractions or any of those type maths & would these likely to be part of exam? i havnt opened the link yet as i have not been on my pc!! many thanks in advance

Fractions, percentages, ratios, interrupreting data from graphs, all of them will probably feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

tiny14 wrote: »
    If you open the link you will get examples of the questions that will be coming up.

if you google it, some more practice tests are on the Public jobs page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Lachlan Shallow Uranus

When you say previous experience does that mean in clerical roles as I'm 13 years in public service but as clerical

Your increments will carry over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 amandag116

Clerical Officer Grade III
    There were 23,269 applications. Assessments will issue shortly. Moving to Stages 3 & 4 of the process (competency based forms / interviews) will be done on a geographical basis. Geographical areas with the greatest number of approvals with Job Orders / Panel Management will be prioritised and actioned.

Just thought i would share with yous the email us TCO's in the HSE got circulated in relation to the amount of applicants there were.

Bloody hell !!!! That's a lot !!! ��������

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

thanks for taking the time to reply!! il need a couple of grinds in maths its so long since i had to to anything other than basic maths😊😊 my god alot of people have applied for this also!!! i will try the practice ones on thursday so will get an idea what they are like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

Hey folks,
    can someone post a link to where these positions were advertised?

cheers

Hey folks,
    can someone post a link to where these positions were advertised?

cheers

believe its down as the deadline passed 2 weeks back iirc

Did the practice tests - 2 minutes to do 4 questions in the verbal/maths and 30seconds to do the 4 questions in the error checking

The error checking was tough with the time limits. I had to do it twice as I took too long reading the question, was over before I even realised!

MAC addict wrote: »
    The error checking was tough with the time limits. I had to do it twice as I took too long reading the question, was over before I even realised!

I did it twice the practice ones but my laptop froze and said I couldn't do it again before I could do the other 4 fml

The verbal and maths weren't too bad

No they weren't that bad at all, but i can see error checking being tough. Great that we got to practice it tho.

annoying though we cant re do it though - would like more practice on the error checking

• Advertisement

Yeah that is a pain alright. I may actually google it and see if I can find any error assessments online.

Advertisement