Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ddmam

Just did practice tests. Found the verbal and numerical fine but the error checking is so tough to do within the time ! After the 3rd attempt I only got them all done. must learn to speed read before the actual tests :(

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

ddmam wrote: »
    Just did practice tests. Found the verbal and numerical fine but the error checking is so tough to do within the time ! After the 3rd attempt I only got them all done. must learn to speed read before the actual tests :(

I found the same. Error checking is very tricky - especially as you have to check for more than one error, it's not like the others where you're looking for one right answer and then you can move on.

Just got an email saying I didn't complete the practice tests! But I did!

HBS seem to be making this up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Haylesm

misslemon wrote: »

Exactly the same!!!
    I wouldn't mind but I did it loads of times and I went back in this morning to do it one more time before the deadline and it said I couldn't because the tests had already been completed!! 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

Mine said the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

I got an email with "Thank you for completing the Practice Assessment, here is a link to practice more".

Haylesm wrote: »

Exactly the same!!!
    I wouldn't mind but I did it loads of times and I went back in this morning to do it one more time before the deadline and it said I couldn't because the tests had already been completed!! 🙄

I did exactly the same! Practiced them all a few times last week and once this morning for luck! That's why it seemed so bizarre to me.

I clicked exit instead of abort on my last go so I completely closed it off! I know it doesn't matter in the scheme of things but I felt like a naughty child being given out to for not doing the homework I actually did!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My sister got this and a link to the practice tests that can be done as many times as you want till Monday.
    If you want to try the Practice Assessment, here is a link to allow you to practice. You can do it as often as you want. Evidence shows that applicants who undertake the opportunity to practice generally have better assessment outcomes than those who don’t take the opportunity.

I did exactly the same! Practiced them all a few times last week and once this morning for luck! That's why it seemed so bizarre to me.

I clicked exit instead of abort on my last go so I completely closed it off! I know it doesn't matter in the scheme of things but I felt like a naughty child being given out to for not doing the homework I actually did!

Ha ha me too!!!!! Funny!

It's only right that they opened it up for longer. They didn't explain how the tests worked properly - if you clicked "abort" you could sign in and practice it again. If you clicked "exit" you couldn't, meaning you only had one go. This allowed some candidates to practice more than others.

Incidentally, why have the HSE hived off recruitment to another company when the taxpayer already funds the Public Appointments Service to recruit for civil and public service jobs?Surely bringing in another company that is using Savile tests, when PAS use those already, is a complete waste of money.

I can't think of any reason that makes sense. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I did that too - and it said I had completed it - got the email and text to practice it can still be done

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kobe1

I got an email with "Thank you for completing the Practice Assessment, here is a link to practice more".

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Kobe1 wrote: »
    Did you get new practice assessments are was it the same set to practice again

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kobe1

I haven't actually tried the link yet.
    Treatycat wrote: »
    Did you get new practice assessments are was it the same set to practice again

They're the same tests as the practise ones plus the example questions from the original info link.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Haylesm wrote: »
    They're the same tests as the practise ones plus the example questions from the original info link.
    Thanks

I got this too, but I did actually complete them. Did you email them to let them know? How many errors have been made in this process so far???

ddmam wrote: »
    I got this too, but I did actually complete them. Did you email them to let them know? How many errors have been made in this process so far???

I didn't email them to let them know, but they have made a couple of errors to many and we haven't even started properly yet! It's not exactly reassuring! :rolleyes:

I didn't email them to let them know, but they have made a couple of errors to many and we haven't even started properly yet! It's not exactly reassuring! :rolleyes:

No I didnt email them either. I dont have much confidence in them to be honest. If there have been this many errors prior to the actual assessments, how are they going to get our results correct?
    Definitely not as organised as PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 haiphong

amandag116 wrote: »
    Clerical Officer Grade III
    There were 23,269 applications. Assessments will issue shortly. Moving to Stages 3 & 4 of the process (competency based forms / interviews) will be done on a geographical basis. Geographical areas with the greatest number of approvals with Job Orders / Panel Management will be prioritised and actioned.

Just thought i would share with yous the email us TCO's in the HSE got circulated in relation to the amount of applicants there were.

Any idea how many positions will be available or any idea of geographical spread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Has anyone tried the sample tests on the Saville website?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Nelly 21 wrote: »

No ...never thought of looking at them

L390 wrote: »
    No ...never thought of looking at them

I had a quick look. They look harder than the ones sent in the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 amandag116

haiphong wrote: »
    Any idea how many positions will be available or any idea of geographical spread?

No sorry but Dublin has a lot of TCOs at the minute so those jobs are all up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Nelly 21 wrote:

Would you have a link to the site with the sample questions please.

Would you have a link to the site with the sample questions please.

https://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/verbal-reasoning-tests/

https://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/numerical-reasoning-tests/

Im wondering though are these tests the same level as the ones for the competition??

Maybe try the Saville website too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Lachlan Shallow Uranus

Got a text on Friday to say i would get an email. Needless to say, I didn't get it!
    What did I miss?

Got a text on Friday to say i would get an email. Needless to say, I didn't get it!
    What did I miss?

Have you done practice tests yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Lachlan Shallow Uranus

L390 wrote: »
    Have you done practice tests yet ?

Emailed them today and got a quick response with a copy of the email.
    As you said..Had i done the tests yet:)

Advertisement