Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

I hope so anyway will be the only thing to save me.. it was actually harder than my nursing aptitude test with PAS!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Oh dear god !!! I'm dreading it ......

Don't be it's just very quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

L390 wrote: »
    Don't be verbal was ok and numerical wasn't too bad a few tricky questions and as for clerical I think it is very hard to get that finished but others didn't get it finished either so do your best. Best of luck!

Treatycat wrote: »
    Don't be verbal was ok and numerical wasn't too bad a few tricky questions and as for clerical I think it is very hard to get that finished but others didn't get it finished either so do your best. Best of luck!
    Did you finish all the sections? The waiting to find out on the 11th is going to kill me.

• Advertisement

MAC addict wrote: »
    Did you finish all the sections? The waiting to find out on the 11th is going to kill me.
    I finished the verbal and most of numerical but had to take a guess on a some when time was running out.

MAC addict wrote: »
    How about you did you get it finished

No I got verbal and most of numerical finished but I didn't get to finish any of the error checking was always on the last q when time ran out, was so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

How did others get on with the error ? I could only manage to get 3 done out of each section . Found parts of the numerical tricky but verbal okay I hope !

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Haylesm

I actually found the error checking the easiest part! I got them all finished bar one set I think. I found the numerical very hard - which threw me as it's usually my strength and thought the verbal was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

What kinds of questions were asked in the Numerical test? was a lot of calculations required??

If we do well on the online assessment will they call us for a supervised assessment like co council did?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Wow numerical was tough and not enough time for error checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭gezz36

Just completed tests..Went very fast, hard to know but got through most of the questions, ran out of time on a couple of error checking.
    If we get results/placing on the 11th April when will they ask for our choice of region (I don't think this was asked initially - or was it?) Applied for that many panels not sure what's what!!

gezz36 wrote: »
    I don't think this was asked initially - or was it?) Applied for that many panels not sure what's what!!

Yes I'm sure it was as I picked Dublin and it couldn't be changed past closing date ...I'm open to be corrected on this though

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

Yes I'm sure it was as I picked Dublin and it couldn't be changed past closing date ...I'm open to be corrected on this though

Yes it was asked, you can pick 2 regions.
    Just completed mine just ran out of time on last in numerical and last 2 in error checking. Happy enough with it, but time will tell I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭gezz36

Yes, had a look back on my emails. I did apply for 2 regions. 1st choice and a 2nd choice, now just wait to see how I scored..........I am guessing I did average enough so depends how many applied in my regions which going by 23,000 applicants overall, seems to be nearly as much competition as the Civil Service CO's.
    Best of luck to all!!!

M21 copied from another user

Clerical Officer Grade III
    There were 23,269 applications. Assessments will issue shortly. Moving to Stages 3 & 4 of the process (competency based forms / interviews) will be done on a geographical basis. Geographical areas with the greatest number of approvals with Job Orders / Panel Management will be prioritised and actioned.

Just thought i would share with yous the email us TCO's in the HSE got circulated in relation to the amount of applicants there were.
    Just curious where did you get this notice, I am also working as TCO in HSE and I don't think I got that? Was it an internal email????

• Registered Users Posts: 28 amandag116

Treatycat wrote: »
    Just curious where did you get this notice, I am also working as TCO in HSE and I don't think I got that? Was it an internal email????

Hi I received that in work sent from our Hr Department.

Yeah I copied it from your post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ddmam

Just did my assessment, found the numerical a little tougher than the examples, but not too much. I got the majority of them finished. The verbal reasoning I found easy enough, and I normally struggle with them ! And the error corrections I found I had more time than in the examples. I got the majority of them finished too. Glad its out of the way. Best of luck to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It was tougher than the CS/PS tested.
    I got caught for time in most categories. I had the answer clicked but it then ran out so dont know if its counted.

A mouse and calculator are essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

ddmam wrote: »
    Just did my assessment, found the numerical a little tougher than the examples, but not too much. I got the majority of them finished. The verbal reasoning I found easy enough, and I normally struggle with them ! And the error corrections I found I had more time than in the examples. I got the majority of them finished too. Glad its out of the way. Best of luck to everyone.

Indeed, just a little less luck than I get :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Not a hope in heck of me getting through me thinks! I blind guessed half of the numerical questions, a one in 4 chance of getting it right. Was caught for time with the error checking. Glad it's over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Not a hope in heck of me getting through me thinks! I blind guessed half of the numerical questions, a one in 4 chance of getting it right. Was caught for time with the error checking. Glad it's over with.

Don't feel too downhearted. I'm sure you knew the answers, but that time restriction was leaving very little margin for error and it was quite easy to spiral down if you start feeling the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Liamario wrote: »
    Don't feel too downhearted. I'm sure you knew the answers, but that time restriction was leaving very little margin for error and it was quite easy to spiral down if you start feeling the pressure.

Oh I ain't downhearted. Unlikely to be many positions in Mayo so not holding out much hope for this competition. Good to get some aptitude practice in regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dulachodladh

Just completed mine this morning, I didn't get to finish the numerical there at the end I ran out of time.

When you clicked your links in the email you received you just got brought to samples and then the test, there was no information displayed showing that it was your test with your name/candidate number right? I found that lack of information a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Same, found it odd that we didn't have to log in as with PAS. Found the verbal okay but the numerical got me. Got flustered with the ticking clock. Ended up guessing. Like the poster who said one in four chance. The error checking was okay but never got all 8 done. Was caught for time.
    Won't be counting down to 11th of April anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Jeez, that's tough!!! So much to read for the verbal. And you defo need a calculator. Got the error correction all done on time but wether it's right or not is another thing. Suppose they link it all up with ur email address!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Found the verbal easy enough and finished them all, but the numerical was a horror show. Seemed ok enough to begin with, but got gradually harder. The lack of time was a killer on those. I just couldn't calculate fast enough.

Clerical checking was pretty ok, but didn't finish any of them on time.

I'd be surprised if I got anything higher than middle of the pack on these assessments... I hate maths so much!!

Best of luck everyone.

Advertisement