Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

JackFrags talking about immediate and more distant plans for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

has anyone tried Last Man Standing which is a free Battle Royale game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Skerries wrote: »
    has anyone tried Last Man Standing which is a free Battle Royale game?

Meh looks very campy. Free to play just for today or will it always be free?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really enjoying the game, good fun to just stick on for a quick go although I wish there was a little more time before the areas grow smaller and the danger zone moved a little less quickly, sometimes you are constantly on the move which just leads to you getting picked off before you can really get into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    sometimes you are constantly on the move which just leads to you getting picked off before you can really get into the game.

Exactly!

They really need to fix the time, its grand at the start but it just ramps up crazy. For instance last map i played, i was a bit tardy making the 2nd push and ended up running for ages, nearly dying and then i healed and then spent the rest of the map just running, until i hit a river i had to cross. So died shortly after getting to the other side :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I picked this up myself on Tuesday and normally never buy early access games but this one looked a bit special. Played for about 2 hours last night and finally got the hang of things after an hour. Managed to get into the last 10 on two occasions now before I Pressed X instead of C when facing the enemy. This holstered my weapon rather than crouch lol and got shot in the face for my troubles. Works great on my RX 480 although there are some funky shadow issues.
    The inventory interface can be unresponsive at times too but overall I'm hooked.

Anyone looking to squad up or do duo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Id like to give them a go same name on steam as I have here. But be warned I'm not very good!

kevovek wrote: »
    Id like to give them a go same name on steam as I have here. But be warned I'm not very good!

Not the may-west either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Just got it today. I'm more Mike Tyson than John Rambo right now. Every moment in this game is very tense. My first game I ran into a house unarmed where another person with a shotgun was waiting in the bathtub for me. Scared the ****e out of me. It might not have zombies but I've already had a few horror moments worth remembering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

This fits in between the other two like a Goldilocks zone, not as fast, but not as slow:

H1Z1
    Arma/Dayzhite

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Just got it today. I'm more Mike Tyson than John Rambo right now. Every moment in this game is very tense. My first game I ran into a house unarmed where another person with a shotgun was waiting in the bathtub for me. Scared the ****e out of me. It might not have zombies but I've already had a few horror moments worth remembering.

Had a few of them moments with people just waiting for me or anyone to enter the building.

Dropped into a game yesterday and there was someone waiting in a room he just grazed me with first shotgun shell and I managed to leg it away, around the building back into it shutting doors as I ran and he followed, got back to the door that he was camping at closed that one too and the front door, ran to another building just down a bit from that one grabbed a scar and a double barrel and went back to that building with the dude. He was not in the same spot but upstairs so I hide under the stairs and tasted sweet victory. I'd say he was livid when he heard them two barrels going off. Just wish characters showed on the death screen cause I would have T-Bagged the son of a bitch.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    This fits in between the other two like a Goldilocks zone, not as fast, but not as slow:

H1Z1
    Arma/Dayzhite

Yeah and its Early Access too so it can only get better, hopefully.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Had a few of them moments with people just waiting for me or anyone to enter the building.

Dropped into a game yesterday and there was someone waiting in the a room he just grazed me with first shotgun shell and I managed to leg it away, around the building back into it shutting doors as I ran and he followed, got back to the door that he was camping at closed that one too and the front door, ran to another building just down a bit from that one grabbed a scar and a double barrel and went back to that building with the dude. He was not in the same spot but upstairs so I hide under the stairs and tasted sweet victory. I'd say he was livid when he heard them two barrels going off. Just wish characters showed on the death screen cause I would have T-Bagged the son of a bitch.

Yeah and its Early Access too so it can only get better, hopefully.

I'd love to see who killed me, it's very frustrating when you've no idea where shots came from.

Haven't managed more than two kills in a match yet but have got top ten 3 times somehow :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd love to see who killed me, it's very frustrating when you've no idea where shots came from.

Haven't managed more than two kills in a match yet but have got top ten 3 times somehow :pac:

Yeah the same, #5 was my highest with 6 kills and got shot from don't know where. There is a few players asking for a kill cam. They should add it for the suspicious deaths alone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

6 is good going, I'm still not fully used of the gunplay yet.

I've noticed my cpu/gpu temp are higher than usual with this game even on low settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone ever up for doing a 5 man squad sometime? madcabbage579

6 is good going, I'm still not fully used of the gunplay yet.

I've noticed my cpu/gpu temp are higher than usual with this game even on low settings.

Yeah M16 silencer is OP (yet to find another silencer). The game runs hot alright do you have afterburner or anything adjusting temperatures while playing? I didn't at first and gpu fan was running at default 40% 70° With afterburner its 61°C and 61% speed. CPU temps are fine for me 51° Noctua cooler.
    madcabbage wrote: »

Yeah definitely.

Dharkan

Yeah M16 silencer is OP (yet to find another silencer). The game runs hot alright do you have afterburner or anything adjusting temperatures while playing? I didn't at first and gpu fan was running at default 40% 70° With afterburner its 61°C and 61% speed.

No just have it running default, will give that a go cheers. It was running smooth enough on ultra but was getting worried by the temps. Temps are better on low but fans are still going 90.

No just have it running default, will give that a go cheers. It was running smooth enough on ultra but was getting worried by the temps. Temps are better on low but fans are still going 90.

I tried running OC on the card too if you have any OC on you would be better off disabling them until it's optimized runs very hot with OC'd gpu

madcabbage wrote: »

CelticHusky1

Still having trouble getting my mic working though so I wont be all that useful but I'm decent at following orders.

Anyone know how to change the audio output for mics? I have a turtlebeech headset but the mic wont work because I'd need an audio splitter or something like that to connect it to the mic input jack. I was trying to find a way to use my beats headphones instead as a mic and try and keep the mic output to the turtlebeech, that way I wouldnt need to put the headphones in the headset and muffle all the game sounds.

• Advertisement

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    CelticHusky1

Still having trouble getting my mic working though so I wont be all that useful but I'm decent at following orders.

Anyone know how to change the audio output for mics? I have a turtlebeech headset but the mic wont work because I'd need an audio splitter or something like that to connect it to the mic input jack. I was trying to find a way to use my beats headphones instead as a mic and try and keep the mic output to the turtlebeech, that way I wouldnt need to put the headphones in the headset and muffle all the game sounds.

What headset is it?

What headset is it?

PX24

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Watched so much of this on twitch since day one of beta so I'm definitely going to buy it but ofcourse optimisation is a major concern.
    Anyone with similar spec running it well at low settings?

i5 2500K @ 4.3ghz, GTX970

It goes from strength to strength each week with updates Dcully, but at the moment the crazy random lag spikes will be more of an issue :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm running an i5 4690k/gtx1070 and frames are all over the shop. Quality of the connections is hit or miss the last few evenings I've found.

i7 4790k 750 Ti 4gb 16 ram. Frames for me are stable for the most part running everything on very low except view distance ultra and textures ultra (medium) there really is no difference in frames from medium to ultra textures for me. Servers are terrible at times a player comes near you, Its time for the rubber band to start on some servers.

I used two guides on steam This one and This one has a link to ReShade 3.0 post processing software I didn't go by what the reshade guide tells as I lost a lot of frames from it and it makes the game look terrible also. Instead I use two plug-ins to give the game a better look Technicolor2 plug-in and LumaSharpen. The tecnicolor one makes the game a lot more colourful and turning it on and off really shows how grey and dull the game looks. The sharpen sharpens edges and makes the game look like its being played on a 1080 Ti. ReShade is -5/6fps small price to pay.

Overall Fps drops to about 45 where lots of houses are can be 30 if smoke or nades go off near me especially in the lobby but mostly 50-55 fps there. Get 45 on the plane and 70-73 in the menu most of the time in game I get 60-63 fps. The fps guide makes a major difference if you do anything do that one.

Jumped into this last night. Its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The last patch for me has made my RX480 into a turbo Jet Engine..Convinced it's going to fly out the window it's so loud.
    Loving the game though, Even after a week I've probably got my moneys worth lol.

• Advertisement

They really need to do something with weapon locations, i parachuted to a far off town and reached it on my own last night, had the whole town to myself for looting.

And there was not one assault rifle or sniper rifle in the town, just weapon mods, pistols and shotguns.. out of like 30 buildings... WTF :mad:

Advertisement