Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Leaf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,688 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You've lost me there. Perhaps because it's 06:40 and I've been working nearly 72 hrs ......... :D

One Plus is a Chinese company that makes high end Android phones and sells them for well less than half the price of equivalent (lower spec) Apple phones or the highest spec Android phones from HTC and Samsung. The "Three" is their latest phone. I had a "One" myself and it truly was an exceptionally good phone for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

To avoid thread drift. I hope the technical explanation I provided explains the situation with generic USB chsrge units and Apple devices. Because we are off the topic here :D

Again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

I haven't read the whole thread but is there any chance they're going to release a more expensive 60kw/h leaf alongside the 40kw/h version OP? I was planning on making the move from ICE to a nissan leaf next year but that was under the assumption that a 60kw/h version was going to be available. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,553 ✭✭✭✭listermint

waraf wrote: »
    I haven't read the whole thread but is there any chance they're going to release a more expensive 60kw/h leaf alongside the 40kw/h version OP? I was planning on making the move from ICE to a nissan leaf next year but that was under the assumption that a 60kw/h version was going to be available. Thanks

No one really knows yet, There are rumours all over the net. So its not fair to comment but that 60Kw could be done, but would make the car expensive.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    No one really knows yet, There are rumours all over the net. So its not fair to comment but that 60Kw could be done, but would make the car expensive.

Fair enough. I guess I'll wait for an official announcement from Nissan before looking elsewhere for a car with a 60kw/h battery. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Fair enough. I guess I'll wait for an official announcement from Nissan before looking elsewhere for a car with a 60kw/h battery. Thanks

Out of interest why 60kWh?

All I can say ( and you have to accept my bone fides here ) is that the Nissan product manager for EVs in Ireland , stood up, 2 weeks ago
    In front of 60 people and categorically stated it would be launched with a 40 kWh. Battery

s.welstead wrote: »
    Out of interest why 60kWh?

I want the extra range offered by the extra 20kw/h plus I usually buy a new car every 2 years but I plan on keeping this car for about 8 years and putting the money I save into the restoration of an old classic car I have.

I assume that the battery will degrade a bit over the course of 8 years too so the extra 20kw/h will mean I'm still left with a decent amount of range even with the degradation.

BoatMad wrote: »
    All I can say ( and you have to accept my bone fides here ) is that the Nissan product manager for EVs in Ireland , stood up, 2 weeks ago
    In front of 60 people and categorically stated it would be launched with a 40 kWh. Battery

Thanks. Hopefully they'll introduce a 60kWh battery at a later stage.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Hopefully they'll introduce a 60kWh battery at a later stage.

I agree , one presumes the new packaging will allow room for battery growth

unkel wrote: »
    One Plus is a Chinese company that makes high end Android phones and sells them for well less than half the price of equivalent (lower spec) Apple phones or the highest spec Android phones from HTC and Samsung. The "Three" is their latest phone. I had a "One" myself and it truly was an exceptionally good phone for the money.

Yes but it's a lot more than just the phone, a phone is just as good as the software. There's nothing wrong with Android but Apple is a lot more refined and caters for a handful of devices where Android many many devices and so it's much easier for Apple to perfect the software to the particular phones.

I'm not an Apple snob, Ive had Android much longer and it does the job but apple does it a lot better. Of course people have their own opinion, I'm offering mine. ;)

peposhi wrote: »
    Careful, Mad Lad, if you keep going like that you may not enjoy family and EV for long...

Ah yes it's a Bastard on shift especially but now I got 2 weeks off by just taking 4 holidays. :D

But It does mess up your body, I find it most difficult getting back to normal after working nights and my memory is gone to sh1t !

Nissan have already demonstrated a 60 Kwh prototype battery.

Yes but it's a lot more than just the phone, a phone is just as good as the software. There's nothing wrong with Android but Apple is a lot more refined

Refined? You mean basic and confined? :p

Within an hour of owning my 1+1, I had it rooted, wiped and I had put on a fresh install of a completely different operating system called Oxygen OS. Bought my phone second hand when it was 2 years old for €130 and it was faster than any brand new €800 Android phone or €1000 iPhone

I know it's a problem. I want something worth €1000 but I only have €100 to spend. Story of my life, but I do seem to get what I want sometimes :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Refined? You mean basic and confined? :p

Within an hour of owning my 1+1, I had it rooted, wiped and I had put on a fresh install of a completely different operating system called Oxygen OS. Bought my phone second hand when it was 2 years old for €130 and it was faster than any brand new €800 Android phone or €1000 iPhone

I know it's a problem. I want something worth €1000 but I only have €100 to spend. Story of my life, but I do seem to get what I want sometimes :pac:

Sometimes people don't want to root their phone, flash different OS's onto their phones or have complete control. Some people just want o turn on their phone and know that it will work and work well. Apple does this.

I use android for work and iOS personal. I know which I prefer but again, I have no desire to root my phone and no need to change the os as it works perfect all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Is this the 2018 leaf thread or iOS vs Android? :D

cros13 wrote: »
    Is this the 2018 leaf thread or iOS vs Android? :D

I'm off to the Apple forums......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

kceire wrote: »
    I'm off to the Apple forums......

Speaking of....I got my replacement iPhone 7 yesterday. Original one stopped working after 2 weeks!

Now...to bring this thread on track.....Will the new Leaf have Apple Play? :D

kceire wrote: »
    Sometimes people don't want to root their phone, flash different OS's onto their phones or have complete control. Some people just want o turn on their phone and know that it will work and work well. Apple does this.

Of course. Some people seem to want to spend €1,000 on a basic phone that just works (iPhone). I wouldn't spend more than €10 on something like that myself :p

• Advertisement

Of course. Some people seem to want to spend €1,000 on a basic phone that just works (iPhone). I wouldn't spend more than €10 on something like that myself :p

A final comment on this

Ive had Windows phones, Android phones , PCs, DOS machines , windows etc

Most failed before I dumped them

Every Apple device I have upgraded after several years , remained ( and still remains ) working,

BoatMad wrote: »
    A final comment on this

Ive had Windows phones, Android phones , PCs, DOS machines , windows etc

Most failed before I dumped them

Every Apple device I have upgraded after several years , remained ( and still remains ) working,

For a few hours. Cos the battery is shiiiite.

Back on topic. :)

I could say the same about my car :(

On the small Iphones, the battery life isn't so good but I'd get 2 days out of the 6S Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

On the small Iphones, the battery life isn't so good but I'd get 2 days out of the 6S Plus.

Easily the same with my iPhone 7 :)

There's no one getting 2 days plus out of a 6s plus or 7 , sorry lads but your either not using your phones or not in a business where you need to use your phones. 2 days plus I've heard it all.

There's zero chance you are using your phone for messaging email or browsing throughout the day and getting those figures. Impossible.

Or you have it plugged in all day and fabricate storys about plugging it out at 7am last Tuesday and using it all the time.

I am not a heavy user but I do use it a good bit. And stream some music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Soarer

So, the 2018 Leaf, eh?!?

Yeah hope it's got apple car play haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Yeah... pretty sure that Leaf in Germany wasn't representative of the final product... what with it's two chademo sockets.. :D :

2nd_gen_nissan_leaf_electrek_2.jpg

Here's an interesting question.... what if they bake in support for both Chademo and CCS...considering they appear to have the room?

Advertisement