Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

• 20-06-2017 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭julyjane

This seems to be a new campaign, also through HBS like the clerical officer one. I scored in the 97th percentile for that but haven't heard any more since, it must be just my area.

I am going to go for this one too, albeit in the same areas. Closing date is the 6th of July, I'll have a proper look tonight on the computer. The job spec seems similar to the CO one, just with a bit more responsibility and a slightly higher salary, point 1 is around 26k I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tweniebaby

I've tried applying for this, but for some reason it won't load the page fully. It gets to 25% but I have no option to move on to selecting regions?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

tweniebaby wrote: »
    I've tried applying for this, but for some reason it won't load the page fully. It gets to 25% but I have no option to move on to selecting regions?!?

Did you enter the same phone number in the second box? I had the same issue tell i did that

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tweniebaby

Mac1993 wrote: »
    Did you enter the same phone number in the second box? I had the same issue tell i did that
    No I just assumed that the first box was needed, will try this though, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

tweniebaby wrote: »
    No I just assumed that the first box was needed, will try this though, thanks

I had the same problem, took me a while to work it out too. It doesn't say you have to enter your number twice. It should be clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

Im going to go for this too as I scored low (47th percentile) in the other one. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on how I could get good practice for the online tests?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Does anyone have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

gufc21 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link?
    http://hbsrecruitmentservices.ie

What's the story with HBS? I'd never heard of them. Are they basically The Public Appointments Service (Civil Service) for the HSE? Are they relatively new?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lexi747

Quick question, do you always start at the lowest point on the payscale ie 26k for this position, or might they offer you a position with a higher payscale? If anyone knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Lexi747 wrote: »
    Quick question, do you always start at the lowest point on the payscale ie 26k for this position, or might they offer you a position with a higher payscale? If anyone knows!

Everyone starts on the same payscale I'm afraid, unless you had increments built up from already working at this grade in the public service.

Practice tests due out tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭julyjane

I wonder will they be like the clerical officer ones or will they be a bit harder to reflect the slightly higher salary?

julyjane wrote: »
    I wonder will they be like the clerical officer ones or will they be a bit harder to reflect the slightly higher salary?

I'd say they will be similar. In the Civil Service exams the CO sample tests were the same as the HEO sample tests. I don't know if the actual tests were similar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Got tha email/text on the practice exams - I hope it's not like the previous ones where there was only one chance to practice

Im going to go for this too as I scored low (47th percentile) in the other one. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on how I could get good practice for the online tests?

In the pack where you apply there's 2 samples of each type - I hope the timing situation was better in this campaign as the last one wAs very poor compared to the civil service one

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Looks like the examples are exactly the same as the clerical officer examples....so not much use really. And there's no maths in this one.

no maths... that's something at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mishafein

aptitude-test.com has some good practice tests, including error checking which is hard to find practice for. I'm just delighted there's no maths portion to this one :)

Ah the maths was probably my best one!

Anyone else get the text message but not get the e-mail?

My email went into the "promotions" folder on gmail

• Advertisement

I got an email but no text message!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

I found mine in a different folder. Normally they arrive in the primary folder but this one turned up in the promotions folder. Maybe yours has been misfiled too

julyjane wrote: »
    My email went into the "promotions" folder on gmail

Thank you. Found it in the promotions folder. I thought I checked all the folders last night, but must have missed it. Panic over :)

has anyone done the practice test yet, is it once you get to do it or can you do it over and over?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mishafein

You can't log out and do them again later, you have to complete it in one sitting, but you can go over the examples again while you're logged in to it, you just press the instructions button and it brings you back to the beginning after each set of questions. Once you've pressed exit or even closed the browser without pressing exit you won't be able to use the link again. I learned this the hard way after doing the grade 3 tests..

Just got an email in relation to this campaign (no text though). They're saying I didn't complete the practice test, which I did. Did anyone else get anything similar? Have tried ringing, no answer yet. Am quite worried, as if my practice test hasn't shown up, will the actual test work?! My confidence in their system isn't huge at the moment!

I got the same email but as far as I know even if you had not completed them it wont make any difference in relation to the actual real tests as the practice ones are not counted..

Got the same email and I had done the practice tests, but I kept pressing abort instead of the other option so I guess that might have shown up not completed. Anyway it won't make any difference in relation to getting the real test.

I got the same email but as far as I know even if you had not completed them it wont make any difference in relation to the actual real tests as the practice ones are not counted..
    Yeah I know what you mean - I know it's not counted. But the problem is that if they haven't received the completed test (be it counted or not), will the same be so for the actual tests?

• Advertisement

eimaj77 wrote: »
    Yeah I know what you mean - I know it's not counted. But the problem is that if they haven't received the completed test (be it counted or not), will the same be so for the actual tests?

No it wasn't an issue when doing the clerical officer one

Advertisement