Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tweniebaby

92nd percentile, absolutely delighted!! Thought I hadn't done as well as the clerical assessment

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

I wouldnt even say what percentile i received. Absolutley dumbfounded how it was even possible to do as bad as I have. Walked away from the test feeling like it was a walk in the park. I would love to see my answers again. Totally confused.
    But well done to all that got on well!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

88th, 136 score. not much in the percentiles looking at the scores on here.

will that be good enough to move to next stage???

over what percentile are they moving to stage 2.

so hard to know with this things. sometimes i think i have more chance of winning the lotto than getting
    a new job

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Maggieclerical

Hi all,
    New to boards forum, just received results for assistant staff officer too got 120 58th percentile, I don't think its too bad, I may not get called first time around, but I was reading the threads and 144 - 95th percentile ,mine 120 was 58th, not to much of a difference in the points but there is in the percentages. So my question is overall ((roughly)how many people went for these tests? And what areas did they select? I selected Tipperary and Limerick. And I'm not too sure it makes a difference, I am a Temporary Clerical Officer at the moment, and I scored 12th over all for county Tipperary, and a few people who scored lower than me started jobs before I did. So my does it make a difference after round one once you passed?
    Thanks Maggie

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

i think about 10,000 applied for this. don't know much more than that. good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Maggieclerical

oh, well if it was 10,000 guess I wont get called then...... ah well I will practice for the next one! Thanks Good luck to all too.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭claregal1

126 - 71 percentile here - not sure if its enough to be called ...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Scored 119 - which gives me only 56 percentile I did much better with the clerical officer one. Seems strange how they work out the percentiles and someone here got 144 which gave them 95 percentile. Thought I'd done much better, but I guess it all depends how many jobs are available in a particular location and how many applied to that area. As far as I know this score is for the entire cohort of people who applied and not based on the area of choice. Best of luck everyone who scored high... let us know if ye are called to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Dovies wrote: »
    can you change your area or add areas to your application?

I don't know about that. Maybe email or call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭BMW22

Ya think it's entire cohort that's what it says on my results email anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

99th percentile :)

Does anyone know if that is for the region or overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pepper61

Hi
    Can I ask what your score was?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'd say it's overall because you could pick more than one region

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I got 65 percentile, I think I got the same for the clerical officer role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I think your region will prove as important as your score when it comes down to it..

No use being top of the pile where there's no vacancies,.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

I got 157
    pepper61 wrote: »
    Hi
    Can I ask what your score was?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

fin12 wrote: »
    I got 65 percentile, I think I got the same for the clerical officer role.

68 here. I got 90 for the grade 3. I really missed the numerical test in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

im in 57 percentile. very disappointed as taught I done really well in it. more practicing to be done. i say ive no chance been called for Westmeath/Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlemrs

u think it will be hand a& b called to the next stage or just a?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Has anyone had any offers to progress to the next stage? I would have thought that there would be vacancies in at least some counties. It's a really different way of doing things, but I'm used to the PAS (Civil Service) way of doing things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

eimaj77 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any offers to progress to the next stage? I would have thought that there would be vacancies in at least some counties. It's a really different way of doing things, but I'm used to the PAS (Civil Service) way of doing things.
    I haven't heard anything yet anyway although I reckon my region is very small in comparison to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mimsey

I scored 94. I genuinely didn't expect such a high score. As I ran out of time on the error checking. Anybody have any idea of how long the recruitment process can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Henne345

I got 79th, I chose limerick and tipperary! Don't know do I have much of a chance,best of luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Really hoping this moves to the next stage in all regions soon, i need a change of direction workwise.

Q if anyone can help - if you have worked a few years at CO level in the public service will this be counted in the salary scale? Even if you are no longer in the PS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭julyjane

I would love some move on this soon. I work in a private sector role that has a lot of similarities with the assistant SO and CO roles so between that and the high scores I got in the aptitude tests I'd surely be in with a good chance. I love where I'm working at the moment but it's part time and I could really do with getting secure full time money and being able to think about things like pensions and health insurance. My youngest child will start school in September 2018 so hopefully the timing might all fall into place

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

julyjane wrote: »
    I would love some move on this soon. I work in a private sector role that has a lot of similarities with the assistant SO and CO roles so between that and the high scores I got in the aptitude tests I'd surely be in with a good chance. I love where I'm working at the moment but it's part time and I could really do with getting secure full time money and being able to think about things like pensions and health insurance. My youngest child will start school in September 2018 so hopefully the timing might all fall into place

I hope it works out for you julyjane.Kids get more expensive when school starts!

If i hear anything ill post here. I scored in 99th percentile so thinking chances good also but guess it just hinges on a vacancy being offered to this panel.. fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Has anyone heard anything since we got the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

No nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Nothing here either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Molly2302

Nothing for my selected region's either

Advertisement