Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017 Nvidia Shield

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

dodzy wrote: »
    Any combo will do fine (SAT / TERR). But you'll need a sat dish for the UK stuff and antenna for the local channels. The ideal would be Freesat (channels auto update) for the UK stuff and separate for saorview but that 2 boxes/2 controls.

Have you dish or/and antenna in place ?

She has a Sky dish, so would need an antenna for saorview. There might still be an old NTL basic cable connection, can that be piggy-backed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have a Play tv and Vu+ box set up for Saorview and Sat. Works perfectly all on the one box and EPG(Cross) that updates nightly

There is a cheap Edision combo box ,freetv used to sell them.Cant think of the name right now but that would do the trick as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭dodzy

corwill wrote: »
    She has a Sky dish, so would need an antenna for saorview. There might still be an old NTL basic cable connection, can that be piggy-backed?
    Forget old NTL cable.

Sky dish in situ saves a bit of hassle assuming its still functional. Ideally, i'd mount antenna alongside dish, get 2 combiners (allowing the existing sky cable to channel both SAT & TERR frequencies down a single coax length to the TV), nd a cheap combo box from satworld (€40-50).

Yaba above pointed to a Vu+. Excellent bit of kit but a bit of setup effort required and far pricier than the cheap combos.

Plenty of help here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Thanks folks, more than enough info to get me going, I'll leave the off-topic posting at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭banie01

dodzy wrote: »
    Forget old NTL cable.

Sky dish in situ saves a bit of hassle assuming its still functional. Ideally, i'd mount antenna alongside dish, get 2 combiners (allowing the existing sky cable to channel both SAT & TERR frequencies down a single coax length to the TV), nd a cheap combo box from satworld (€40-50).

Yaba above pointed to a Vu+. Excellent bit of kit but a bit of setup effort required and far pricier than the cheap combos.

Plenty of help here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Just as an aside to this, I use an E2 box(Mutant HD2400) and share my tuners on that to my shields via the Vu+ plugin.
    You can also share the tuners via any of the IPTV plugins by just sharing the www address of the bouquet.

In my case I created a combined bouquet of all the UK freeview and Irish Saorview channels.
    That gives me a really broad fallover for the times my IPTV provider is down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Has anyone played GTA San Andreas on their Shield here? How's the controller support?

Played it through to the end last year. Only issue I had with the controller was I couldn't open the map properly. Got on grand with everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

yellowbear wrote: »
    Played it through to the end last year. Only issue I had with the controller was I couldn't open the map properly. Got on grand with everything else.

Did you need to sideload it?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Did you need to sideload it?

No you can buy it on the play store

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

ellobee wrote: »
    Same here. ;)

Closed to new members now though AFAIK.
    Sure let me try anyway they might recommend someone else if they won't take on new customers
    If stuck I'm on a cracker for months,,,, everything pm

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭FrToddUnctious

Anyone looking for it pm me
    If stuck I'm on a cracker for months,,,, everything pm

Can ye not just post it in the thread? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Can ye not just post it in the thread? :confused:

You can if you want to kill the thread and possibly get carded!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭FrToddUnctious

You can if you want to kill the thread and possibly get carded!!!

boards is ridiculous :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

boards is ridiculous :o

The PM chat isn't allowed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm interested to see who everyone is talking about that they are so highly rated :D. Although I have a feeling I know who some of them are already.

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm interested to see who everyone is talking about that they are so highly rated :D. Although I have a feeling I know who some of them are already.

Was thinking similar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

yeah didn't think so, there are only a few main suppliers left everyone else is a reseller they are all selling the same thing

Most servers have gotten smarter now and don't sell so openly. The ones that were huge this time last year have done a disappearing act making it look like they shut up shop when they really just went underground to avoid EPL blocks and being arrested. There are still hundreds of independent servers around though. Not just a few.

It's only a matter of time before the fla***** guy gets taken down. He registered the server as a legitimate company in the UK and even I know his home address. Anyone can see it on companies house with a quick search. It's a miracle he has lasted this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Oat23 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before the fla***** guy gets taken down. He registered the server as a legitimate company in the UK and even I know his home address. Anyone can see it on companies house with a quick search. It's a miracle he has lasted this long.

Don't say that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Don't say that!!!!
    We better get it back on topic. What are people's impressions of the live channels app on the shield and has anyone integrated saorview into it.

We better get it back on topic. What are people's impressions of the live channels app on the shield and has anyone integrated saorview into it.

I used it to add my IPTV service, but I can't even figure out how to easily find channels. All I have is a list of 1500 channels that I have to scroll through....

Will have to figure out what options it has later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Anyone use Now TV on the shield? been thinking about signing up for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Anyone use Now TV on the shield? been thinking about signing up for it

The app doesn't work, at least not for me. It exits after it starts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Basil3 wrote: »
    I used it to add my IPTV service, but I can't even figure out how to easily find channels. All I have is a list of 1500 channels that I have to scroll through....

Will have to figure out what options it has later.

Android remote on your phone
    press & hold the center/ok button on the channel you want to favourite
    Add either a star or add to favourites.

Thats how it works with mine, but it depends on the app etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Would this work with the shield ?

https://powercity.ie/product/WPS818C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

funnyname wrote: »
    Would this work with the shield ?

https://powercity.ie/product/WPS818C

That's a combo satellite and terrestrial box. It connects to your TV using HDMI

As a back up for IPTV on Shield?
    It would but show be similar for around 50 quid .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Better to go with a Linux box. Can we stream out to laptops, phones and tabs over WiFi and even keep it in another room and add the channels to the Shield
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057827739/64/#post107877615

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Better to go with a Linux box. Can we stream out to laptops, phones and tabs over WiFi and even keep it in another room and add the channels to the Shield
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057827739/64/#post107877615
    You could use the dream player app to stream from e2 box to the shield. Dreamplayer can pick up your fta sat channels and your IPTV channels and group them nicely I don't have a combo box so I don't know about the saorview channels but I imagine it could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any one want to recommend a good iptv by PM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Slowly becoming a /thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

2smiggy wrote: »
    any one want to recommend a good iptv by PM ?

Have a look on reddit iptv forums. Its a swamp of spamming resellers but you may find some suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement