Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf waterproofs

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

hey lads, didn't think it was worth a new thread... I'm not a fan of the golfing waterproof jackets I've looked at. just don't like swinging in them.

was out with a friend yesterday & he wore a cycling jacket (rapha) & swung with ease, the jacket was light as feck, it was lashing & he was bone dry after. any one on here looked at alternative rain gear like that?

I use a lidl waterproof cycling jacket for the same reason, very tight fitting and easy to swing. Keeps me about as dry as my old nike golf one so it works just as well in bad weather. Would recommend going that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

jclack wrote: »
    I use a lidl waterproof cycling jacket for the same reason, very tight fitting and easy to swing. Keeps me about as dry as my old nike golf one so it works just as well in bad weather. Would recommend going that route.

nice one! I think I will alright

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

i have the FJ hydrolite jacket. very flexible and doesn't affect my swing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Anyone used Zero Restriction golf jackets, thinking of getting one any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭blue note

Luckycharm wrote: »

I got one for Christmas. Handbrake used it yet!:

• Advertisement

blue note wrote: »
    I got one for Christmas. Handbrake used it yet!:

They seem have good enough reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I picked up a soft shell ZR jacket in TKMax a few years ago. Was really comfortable to wear and good quality. I paid about 50 euro for it. Full price was $250. Good but not worth that kind of $$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Decent stuff...

Have owned them all Galvin Green, Scotland Sunderland, Zero Restriction...

IMHO best is Cross Sportswear... I bought because it won They have sales (50% off) during the year and there stuff is the best I have owned...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I have no complaints about my Sunderland rainsuit. Keeps me completely dry, quick to put on and folds up really small so fits easily in the bag.

I picked up a soft shell ZR jacket in TKMax a few years ago. Was really comfortable to wear and good quality. I paid about 50 euro for it. Full price was $250. Good but not worth that kind of $$$.

Yes pricey bought with money had in Proshop, had a sunderland jacket but way too bulky and couldn't really swing the club when wearing it.
    ZR is what Tiger picked for the Presidents cup team in Melbourne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Luckycharm wrote:
    Yes pricey bought with money had in Proshop, had a sunderland jacket but way too bulky and couldn't really swing the club when wearing it.

Any rain jacket should be a size that leaves enough room.

Mine doesn't impede my swing at all but still rolls up to about the size of a shoe.

Advertisement