Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

What harm if people use a short online test for practice? I don't mind that.
    I do mind seeing half my office spend most of last week on a form that will never be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭BandMember

Addle wrote: »
    I do mind seeing half my office spend most of last week on a form that will never be looked at.

Oh, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it - sure I've done it myself! :D However, I think PAS are now taking the line that if you waste their time, then they will waste yours.... With the amount of competitions and candidates they are attracting since the end of the moratorium, I reckon they're just trying to weed out the real/genuine ones as opposed to the "ah sure, I'll give it a lash" ones, you know?

However, as you say, those forms are never looked at (even in the interview), so don't waste too much of your time on them. The best thing is just do one good one, save it on your computer and then just copy and paste. Sure they're all pretty much the same anyway.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

For examples you give do they have to be specific to a situation or can they be general in the sense of managing a scheme / project.

For Interpersonal / Communication can this be on the lines of dealing with public everyday and how you provide a great service or more along the lines of how you provided excellent customer service in one situation in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

PopTarts wrote: »
    For examples you give do they have to be specific to a situation or can they be general in the sense of managing a scheme / project.

For Interpersonal / Communication can this be on the lines of dealing with public everyday and how you provide a great service or more along the lines of how you provided excellent customer service in one situation in particular.

The can be general, but for the interview, it might be wise to narrow it down to one or two examples. They will probably ask things like what would you do if so and so happened. The golden rule is "I" - what did I do. I'm writing mine at the mo, and it's so hard to talk yourself up!! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MaisieMoo

Addle wrote: »

To be honest, it stops people doing the tests a few times using friends/ relative's ppsns. I know this happened in the past when you didn't have to fill in the form until after you got the results of the online tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Are we really expected to give our Salary for each job?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think its more of a stick it in if you know it....a bit like trying to remember the full address where you lived at when you went to uni in 2004.

The fact you are meant to "estimate the proportion of credit you can claim for the outcome" is the real bizarre one to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

I just left it out.

The form is junk btw. I cant get it to save date in the declaration section.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

Disaster of a form. Painful having to keep moving up a blank employment table for every job held

• Advertisement

What time is the closing time today?

eimaj77 wrote: »
    3pm

gmisk wrote: »
    eimaj77 wrote: »
    3pm
    Thanks a mil, I had 12pm in my head for some reason.

Just looking at it again....I am an AO currently....so dont even think I can apply....oh well...at least my form filled in for the next AP!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ryan1305

Just looking at it again....I am an AO currently....so dont even think I can apply....oh well...at least my form filled in for the next AP!

Why couldn't you apply?

ryan1305 wrote: »
    Why couldn't you apply?

They are at an equivalent grade pay wise and thus precluded

Red Wolf wrote: »
    They are at an equivalent grade pay wise and thus precluded

No they aren't, AO is a lower starting scale

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

No they aren't, AO is a lower starting scale

AOs are not eligible
    Grades equivalent to the Higher Executive Officer grade (i.e. have the same maximum pay scale or higher) are not eligible to compete in this promotion competition.

Yes I rang PAS and they said as the pay scales go to same amount in the end they are equivalent....seems odd to me tbh but hey...only been an AO about 1 1/2 years so need to really apply for APs.

I just got appointed to AO this weekend so I am going to ask PAS about that

• Advertisement

I rang PAS and they confirmed I couldnt apply as I am AO, but if you get a different answer please let me know

It clearly states that

Grades equivalent to the Higher Executive Officer grade (i.e. have the same maximum pay scale or higher) are not eligible to compete in this promotion competition.

Both the AO and HEO standard scale top out at €59,294

Oh and congrats on the AO :)
    I suppose its the same money only you dont have to manage anyone so it isnt all bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bubbles75

Just wondering where you're seeing the circular this competition. I cant see it on any of the application pages??

Oh and congrats on the AO :)
    I suppose its the same money only you dont have to manage anyone so it isnt all bad!

Thank you very much :) it ends on the same pay point, but significant difference to start. I just wish I had realised it before I had done the whole application ha

Bubbles75 wrote: »
    Just wondering where you're seeing the circular this competition. I cant see it on any of the application pages??
    It was sent around Departments. If you search for the following duplicate thread it was attached to the first post

"Brand New 2017 Interdepartmental HEO Competition Called"

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bubbles75

Aglomerado wrote: »
    shl.com is good for practice.

do you need to buy the assessments off this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dunjam

"Bubbles75;104590152"]do you need to buy the assessments off this site?"

If you are planning on purchasing tests to practice remember that the last HEO competition verbal and numerical assessments were provided by Cut-e.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dunjam wrote: »

If you are planning on purchasing tests to practice remember that the last HEO competition verbal and numerical assessments were provided by Cut-e.com

They are free. You just sign up with an email address, as often as you like.

Jobtestprep co.uk are good too and have the cut-e format but I think you need to pay for those.

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Dunjam wrote: »

They are free. You just sign up with an email address, as often as you like.

Jobtestprep co.uk are good too and have the cut-e format but I think you need to pay for those.
    Hopefully they'll be cut e again! They were great. The question style suited me much better. I was hoping that cut e was now the provider for PAS but then I did the EO and that was back to SHL.

Advertisement