Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

Email from public jobs received now - Assessment Tests to be received on Sept 14th & have to be completed by Sept 19th....

May get practising!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

Email from public jobs received now - Assessment Tests to be received on Sept 14th & have to be completed by Sept 19th....

Seems they're calling regional candidates aswell to do the tests

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

ONE practice question for the management scenario!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

May get practising!!
    I can't get in to the message now. Anyone know what company the tests are?

eimaj77 wrote: »
    I can't get in to the message now. Anyone know what company the tests are?

http://practicesite-pas.cut-e.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Kanovara wrote: »
    ONE practice question for the management scenario!

Is the management scenario being used this time? They only ever provide that one example.

What is the thinking behind the mgt scenarios? How are we supposed to practice? Anyone any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

What is the thinking behind the mgt scenarios? How are we supposed to practice? Anyone any ideas ?

Your not supposed to be able to practice these. You are meant to answer truthfully on the day as to what you would do in the scenarios. You only get one go at it as it isn't used again in the supervised tests. Its a very subjective test with no recourse. You could probably argue a lot of the answers are correct. It is simply a blunt tool to cull numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the practice test from jobtestprep but I'm not sure I'm too bothered shelling out 30/40 quid for it.

I take it that the job scenario and verbal are the only tests that go towards our final score?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭billyhead

Folks, Just a query on the application form but did anyone else struggle to keep the details for the competencies and summary etc under 300 words and if you go over does this go against you?

• Advertisement

carnie wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the practice test from jobtestprep but I'm not sure I'm too bothered shelling out 30/40 quid for it.

I take it that the job scenario and verbal are the only tests that go towards our final score?
    I did for each time and got through to the next round. I figure what's 30 quid now that helps you towards earning 45k+.

Verbal and numerical are counted in the final score - they'll get you through to the next round.

I did for each time and got through to the next round. I figure what's 30 quid now that helps you towards earning 45k+.

Verbal and numerical are counted in the final score - they'll get you through to the next round.

I would've thought that the practice scenarios on cut E would be enough to practice on

I would've thought that the practice scenarios on cut E would be enough to practice on

Yeah they can be, but there's only so many there. You start to learn the answers off if you know what I mean. I'm not great at all at these tests so any extra help is needed. Some people can just get them straight away and the practice tests given are more than enough. Not for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tayto2017

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is the management scenario being used this time? They only ever provide that one example.

For the sample management scenario, is anyone able to allocate the points or is the example just to show us what we have to do without actually being able to do it?? Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Tayto2017 wrote: »
    For the sample management scenario, is anyone able to allocate the points or is the example just to show us what we have to do without actually being able to do it?? Thanks! :)

The latter. It's just a pic of "here's what you have to do"

May I ask would it be strongly recommended to pay the €40 for the jobs test prep in order to do very well in the aptitude tests?

just wondering - Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tayto2017

The latter. It's just a pic of "here's what you have to do"

Well that makes for a great example then!!:rolleyes: Thank you!!!! :D

May I ask would it be strongly recommended to pay the €40 for the jobs test prep in order to do very well in the aptitude tests?

just wondering - Thanks :-)
    It's really up to yourself. Have you done this type of competition before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Colleagues taking this so much more seriously this time.
    It will be a tough competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Good luck to everyone wish I had been allowed to enter :( but AOs arent allowed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I bought the cut e tests but they don't seem to be the questions with tabs - just a general chart asking questions.

The numerical aren't "true" "false" "cannot say" either but Number answers.

Anyone know if there is any with the tabs / numerical with the true / false answers rather than what I paid for?

yes I have done it all before without any help or practice - failed the presentation on final stage :( - under Team Leadership

So am hoping to get some help this time around & hopefully do "alot" better if possible....................

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

PopTarts wrote: »
    I bought the cut e tests but they don't seem to be the questions with tabs - just a general chart asking questions.

The numerical aren't "true" "false" "cannot say" either but Number answers.

Anyone know if there is any with the tabs / numerical with the true / false answers rather than what I paid for?

If it's this package you bought https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/cut-e-scales-bundle-practice the two full test should be with the tabs. I think the other practice tests are a mix. I bought the package earlier this year so I can't remember the exact interface

yes I have done it all before without any help or practice - failed the presentation on final stage :( - under Team Leadership

So am hoping to get some help this time around & hopefully do "alot" better if possible....................
    That's great! Well done. I failed Team Leadership by 5 points in the interview! Gah!

I was looking at the cut-e on Jobs Test Prep - I don't think I'll get it. When I got it for the last HEO it was great. Loads of practice tests but they seemed to have changed their system. (Btw there's a 15% off code online somewhere - I have it in work, I'll post tomorrow if required.)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Has anyone gotten the link for the online tests yet?. Email said we were supposed to have it by the 14th September, but no sign yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Chieftain wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten the link for the online tests yet?. Email said we were supposed to have it by the 14th September, but no sign yet

Well we still have 14 hours to go. I suspect it will be sometime in the afternoon that we will receive the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Just got the test link. All systems go - good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭billyhead

All I will say is if anyone can get all those questions for both the verbal & numerical exam finished within the timeframe your the next Stephen Hawkins;)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

billyhead wrote:
    All I will say is if anyone can get all those questions for both the verbal & numerical exam finished within the timeframe your the next Stephen Hawkins

Done and dusted already?!!

• Advertisement

That's great! Well done. I failed Team Leadership by 5 points in the interview! Gah!

I was looking at the cut-e on Jobs Test Prep - I don't think I'll get it. When I got it for the last HEO it was great. Loads of practice tests but they seemed to have changed their system. (Btw there's a 15% off code online somewhere - I have it in work, I'll post tomorrow if required.)

Yeah I fell down on marks on presentation & team leadership by about 10 points.
    I knew presentation I done was crap.......
    Hopefully practice makes perfect & some confidence building!!
    No regrets -try & try again!!!

Advertisement