Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's getting good reviews. Polygon rated it the same as The Last of Us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RasTa wrote: »

Oh Polygon!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Instead of making a Knack 2 they would have been better off making a Legend of Dragoon 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Instead of making a Knack 2 they would have been better off making a Legend of Dragoon 2.

Don't mention that game's name, its the Voldemort of videogames.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

RasTa wrote: »
    Totally different reviewers though so not really the best comparison to be fair.

On that note, Philip Kollar got a lot of flak for his lower-than-average review of the game on release but over time, I've found his score more closely reflects the opinions of a decent number of people, most notably on this forum, namely that while the presentation of TLOU is fantastic, the gameplay is quite lacking in many areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I only played Knack recently, and while it did get repetitive, i enjoyed it for what it was! Don't know if it warranted a sequel, but i'll give it a shot at some stage!

• Bought Prey over the weekend and sank a few hours in. It's pretty much Bioshock. In. Spaaaaaccee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh Polygon!

The same geniuses who refused to properly review Star Fox Zero, very professional

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I only played Knack recently, and while it did get repetitive, i enjoyed it for what it was! Don't know if it warranted a sequel, but i'll give it a shot at some stage!

It always seemed like a tech demo that got too big for it's breeches, I mean it worked for Fantavision on the PS2 but not with Knack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Playing through Metro 2033 at the moment on the PS4 after previously playing Metro Last Light on the PS3. I think it's a seriously under-rated series of games. The atmosphere in the games is fantastic. Can't wait to get my hands on Exodus when it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Oh Polygon!

Heh, I wonder who they know on the development team.

/canofworms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Actually what is the Empire Magazine of games (e.g. the one where, no matter how bad the film is, can be attributed for a 4* type review with some "amazing" type of word in there to slap on the posters/DVD covers/etc)? It's funny when you see a game on Wiki that has 6-7 reviews around 4/10 and then one at 8.5/10 or what have you, but there doesn't seem to be a consistent offender that I've noticed yet.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It always seemed like a tech demo that got too big for it's breeches, I mean it worked for Fantavision on the PS2 but not with Knack.

Possibly, but it was nowhere near the worst game i've played. It was grand, nothing too fancy.

Knack was a special kind of bland. The kind of game that did so little to stand out which made the whole game feel like a colossal waste of your time. I'd take terrible over that kind of bland any day of the week.

As for the empire of video game reviews there's plenty of them about. IGN was notorious but not sure what they are like these days. Been a long time since I paid attention to them. Any official or single format publication can tend to be ignored.

There's quite a lot of reviewers that get caught up in the industry hype machines that I just can't trust a review of. A few of the easy allies and giant bomb crew spring to mind but there's way worse than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I thought Knack was alright. The kind of game fundamentally solid but slightly dull game that you only ever really see at console launches. Reminded me of Kameo oddly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I only found out about xbox game pass yesterday. I have to admit, I really loved the idea of netflix for games like that. I tried to look for topics on this on boards, but couldn't find it.

Its a tenner a month and selection of games is pretty solid already. My xbox wasnt turned on for months and months, but that sub sounds very tempting.
    The issue I have though is pricing when you put totals.
    Xbox live is about 40eu a month if you get it from one of the websites, 10eu a month for subscription. Add ea acess to it, which is another 25eu.
    Maybe not bad if you have only xbox and its your only console, but for someone like me who has all consoles, pc, 3ds etc its a lot of money just for one console.

What I really like it for is if you have kids. Buy xbox, slap sub and they have a lot of games to play.

Latest humble bundle is the best yet. So many quality games that you'd be a fool to pass up on this on. Even if you don't have a PC you need this bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/hunie-sakura-bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 27,635 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I only found out about xbox game pass yesterday. I have to admit, I really loved the idea of netflix for games like that. I tried to look for topics on this on boards, but couldn't find it.

Its a tenner a month and selection of games is pretty solid already. My xbox wasnt turned on for months and months, but that sub sounds very tempting.
    The issue I have though is pricing when you put totals.
    Xbox live is about 40eu a month if you get it from one of the websites, 10eu a month for subscription. Add ea acess to it, which is another 25eu.
    Maybe not bad if you have only xbox and its your only console, but for someone like me who has all consoles, pc, 3ds etc its a lot of money just for one console.

What I really like it for is if you have kids. Buy xbox, slap sub and they have a lot of games to play.

Theres a tread about it in the Xbox Forum.

Your right about it been great for kids. Between EA Access, Game Pass and Games With Gold you'd probably only have to shell out for the new FIFA and Minecraft. So for €180 a year you'll have loads of games to keep them occupied (although you might be better to only sign up for Game Pass every second or third month).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Latest humble bundle is the best yet. So many quality games that you'd be a fool to pass up on this on. Even if you don't have a PC you need this bundle:

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I feel like I'm on some kind of watchlist now after visiting that page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any good? I haven't kept *ahem* abreast of those games.

If you love terrible writing and low grade fap material then it's right up your alley.

I love how they kept the steam user reviews in.

"Everyday, we stray further from God's light"

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

If you love terrible writing and low grade fap material then it's right up your alley.

What's the high grade fap material? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sieghardt wrote: »
    tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

You had me at low grade fap material.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »

NSFW, by the way.

Unless if you want to explain why there's a tonne of anime boobs suddenly on your screen.

NSFW, by the way.

Unless if you want to explain why there's a tonne of anime boobs suddenly on your screen.

Just realised that, thankfully the boss wasn't behind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sieghardt wrote: »

Older & more Japanese.

Are Steam hours on record accurate? Some bloke has 420 hours playtime on Sakura Spirits:eek:

• Advertisement

Are Steam hours on record accurate? Some bloke has 420 hours playtime on Sakura Spirits:eek:

What a hero.

Advertisement