Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why would anyone give away good tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

Right folks, one of the Admin guys has asked me to post the tips on this thread instead of or in addition to twitter. I used twitter as it was easier to use on a phone.
    Anyways, will do a clean start on this thread. Forgetting about the other 100 and something ones on twitter. Had well above average start with them so the true measure of a system is how it can get into a profit from a spluttery start. Here's hoping a few minus % days at the start.
    Watch this space. If I happen to be out running across the sperrins when the software beeps me then that tip will most likely only make it to twitter. Also, as these are horses which are about to start moving downwards ( I hope ) there is no point in thinking you can drive into town, get a side of bacon for the dinner and then pop into the bookies and put a bet on. The price has a half life of about 5 min in most cases. That is plenty of time to at least check the price is available so you can paper trade it or do a small 50p bet. In short, if you havn't the patience to monitor a betting system and try to turn £10 into £20 using nothing more than 25p bets then betting is not for you. Period. A previous poster hit some tips with £5 ew without having seen anymore than 50 tips posted. Of course he hit the one -100% day I had. Are you serious !!! You can't open the wallet based on what some clown on the net tells you just cause the first 50 tips looked ok. Of course he abandoned ship straight after that and missed yesterday. As for scam dude. If I have the patience to keep posting for 1000 tips I will await your assessment of the results at that stage. I most likely will because like everything in this game, its all about sticking at something till you prove or disprove it.

Bangor 14:00 Anton Dolin Ladbrokes @ 8.50

bet vic has Anton Dolin one too, and has kindly allowed some friends to take him at that price

Again ... for the love of God .... Don't be putting money ( Anything more than 50p ) on these nags till we at least hit 200 or 300 tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Following

• Advertisement

Down Royal
    19:40 Dawn Shadow @ 7.00

Anton dolin is available on BetBright at 9.0 but because I consider BetBright/Sporting Bet and other similar small books as nothing more than joke bookies I don't offer these prices as tips. If you do have one of these accounts and you are taking these prices then expect to be shown the door sooner rather than later

Down Royal
    17:40 Ardview Boy @ 13.00

Down Royal
    18:10 Mountain Rock bet365 @ 3.75

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Looks like you're doing really well MM, can I ask why the 1pt/1pt on every selection? I'm following a paid-for tipster (I was 100% sure it was a stupid thing to do but it's working) and he would vary stakes based on confidence which is pretty common afaik.

• Advertisement

Reason for using level staking is simple really.  If your selections don't return a profit to level stakes then there is no staking plan that can make that system work. And it is also a lot easier to track profit/loss. I don't use level stakes myself as my stats show that there is more value in the bet the higher the odds so I stake accordingly.  But for the purposes of showing that a system works or is for the bin level stakes is THE ONLY staking mechanism that can prove a systems worth.  I have over 11,000 bets that show this to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Reason for using level staking is simple really. If your selections don't return a profit to level stakes then there is no staking plan that can make that system work. And it is also a lot easier to track profit/loss. I don't use level stakes myself as my stats show that there is more value in the bet the higher the odds so I stake accordingly. But for the purposes of showing that a system works or is for the bin level stakes is THE ONLY staking mechanism that can prove a systems worth. I have over 11,000 bets that show this to be the case.

I get you, " the system " being your way of finding winners I take it?

I have no problem with tipsters proving their worth using varied staking plans, but I guess if your system returns selections without varying certainty levels it makes sense to track on a fixed stake basis.

As far as confidence goes. I could never claim to be any more confident in a 3.0 shot than I would be in a 81.0 horse. But I would always stake higher on the 81.0 because I know the value in that horse is far greater than the value in the 3.0 one which has almost every ounce of value squeezed out of it. But of course strike rate is lot higher for lower odds and the importance of strike rate cannot be under estimated.

but of course getting more ££ on an 81.0 is more difficult than backing a 3.0 shot. In any event, I always try to limit my winnings on any bet to 500 or less, if need to call on some friends to get more on then so be it.

PS Anton Dolin is good to take at 8.0 now but for my records I will be using 8.50 as the recorded price from this morn.

"Sandown
    14:10"John Joiner bet 365 @ 15.00

Bangor
    14:00 Greenworldsolution Ladbrokes @ 10.00

Bangor
    14:00 Another Journey Bet 365 @ 21.00

dawn shadow still available on corals at 7.0

"Sandown
    15:20" Echo Cove @ 41.00

Down Royal
    16:35 Elzaa Pokerstars @ 67.00 and also good to take at 51.0 with other books

• Advertisement

Down Royal
    18:10 Bosco Di Alco @ 13.00

can take bosco di alco at 11.0 also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Bosco di alco ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Your last 2 days really good profits, just curious would they rank as two of your best? Think you're about to get a load of followers, but quite difficult to follow to the letter-all the accounts etc, fair play to you with the time you must be putting in

Up 6  pts today based on the tips posted on the forum here for  8 tips.  After I stake my own ££ first,  then tweet tip,  then post it here it means a lot of mouse clicks so all may not make it onto forum here but I will try to get as many as I can on.
    @eric hoone.  Wouldn't call this a great day ( lot better than a losing day mind you ) but still waiting for the Big one, and a 13.0 winner is nothing more than a stocking filler to keep things afloat.  Without a decent number of accounts you can never really hope to make a decent % profit. Like going shopping on the high street. You need to hunt for value. PS Don't use odds checker on the same PC, or same browser,  as you bet on ...
    Not a lot of work involved now.   All the work was done last 2 years proofing things and getting accounts setup and getting things explained to "friends" . Manual data collection, finding edge, automating data collection, automating market monitors.  Now is sit back time :)

Chester
    13:40     Gabrials Centurion   Coral & Victor @    29.00

"Navan
    14:20"    Mr Scarlet    ;   3.50

Stan and Betway have scarlet at 3.75 if anyone has not fallen out with them people.  Using 3.50 for my records as I only record the generally available price

Navan
    17:45     Shamar     ; 23.00

• Advertisement

Beverley
    14:05     Mail Order  ;   8.5     be quick

Advertisement