Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RachelDDD

Can someone tell me what OOM means

To my knowledge... OOM is Order of Merit - it just means where you came on the list... the lower the better ie. OOM of 100 is better than an OOM of 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 23 amazonwomen

Thank you and the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'm 1,700s OOM, happy with that. I'm in Cork but applied for Dublin cause there are very few permanent vacancies outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

My OOM is 213 happy enough with that. Any idea what the chances are of me being called to the next stage? How many vacancies is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

My OOM is in 190s. Highest OOM I noticed here is in 5000s. I would expect email with invitation to Stage 2 in next couple of weeks. I understand Stage 2 would be supervised test. It seems they are skipping this time online test done at home and go straight for supervised test. Well, that's what it seems to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

babyboom wrote: »
    Hi my score was 605 and my OOM is 892. I'm pretty chuffed having read through the thread. I thought I hadn't done that well. I'm 47 and have been at home with the kids for the past 14 years. It's given my confidence a little bit of a boost. It's hard to get back out there after all these years. Good luck to everyone.

I'm 54 and spent the last 22 years........... yes 22 years...... at home bringing up kids and the idea of getting back out to work was daunting BUT I got the TCO and took the plunge and it worked out grand. Don't be scared cos it's easy to talk yourself out of it. I did it and you can do it too so grab the opportunity and go for it. Best of luck and no doubt you will be brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Great to hear from other moms going back to work. I'm 51 and I applied also. Placed 2300 so not sure if I will be called. Does anyone have an idea how many people applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

et101 wrote: »
    I'm 54 and spent the last 22 years........... yes 22 years...... at home bringing up kids and the idea of getting back out to work was daunting BUT I got the TCO and took the plunge and it worked out grand. Don't be scared cos it's easy to talk yourself out of it. I did it and you can do it too so grab the opportunity and go for it. Best of luck and no doubt you will be brilliant :)
    Great to know I'm not the only one. I'm always talking myself out of it, as you say, but I have to take the plunge some time. I get the jitters just thinking about it. Thanks for the good wishes and best of luck to yourself and everyone on the thead.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

Yes I'd love to have some idea of how many might be called

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tillfred

Score 736
    OOM 16
    Should be called soon enough, I've been working as a TCO since 2014 in the same Dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ronb1412004

Tillfred wrote: »
    Score 736
    OOM 16
    Should be called soon enough, I've been working as a TCO since 2014 in the same Dept.

How do people apply for the tco positions? My intreo case officer told me i need to look for other work aswell due to the length of time public service jobs can take to go through. A temporary public job would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

How do people apply for the tco positions? My intreo case officer told me i need to look for other work aswell due to the length of time public service jobs can take to go through. A temporary public job would be ideal

Generally most TCO's are recruited in the spring to cover the staff taking leave over the summer months but TCO's can be recruited throughout the year to cover maternity leave etc. Sometimes a general competition is run and advertised on publicjobs.ie, and this will also be in the recruitment supplements of the likes of the Irish Times and the Independent. In addition, some departments recruit TCO's directly, and those competitions would be advertised on the departments websites in their careers area.

TCO competition is usually run late Feb early March, you need to register with publicjobs.ie and you will receive alerts of any competitions that will arise. It's run every year through Public Jobs and recruits for term time, maternity leave and any other leave that may arise. Contracts can be as little as 8 weeks while others like mine can be opened ended. Hope this helps.

Thank you both.

This competition is my first experience of applying for a public job. I was hoping temp jobs would be quicker to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

The invites are out for the supervised tests - I've just got mine !!! Next Monday 13th November @11.45 - I was around 500 in the OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

Got mine too, Stage 2 supervised tests on 13/11/2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ConorPP

Has anyone else applied to the CO position for South Dublin County Council? I did, got invited to first stage of supervised tests on 28th Nov.

BTW, does anyone have any info on climbing the career ladder in the County Council compared to the relatively straight forward Civil Service?

Disappointed not to make it to the next stage but good luck to everyone who did

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ConorPP

Disappointed not to make it to the next stage but good luck to everyone who did

What was your OOM? Being called for the supervised tests depends on your OOM, there will be numerous callings for the test. People with the lowest OOM will just be called earlier.

Just got notification supervised test 16th of November.

• Advertisement

my oom was 2679 so im not sure how likely it is that ill get message for a supervised test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

What was your OOM

What was your OOM

OOM 16

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

that's weird. my test is on the 13th yet I was 1000 places behind you on the OOM... according to yourself anyway....

I wonder will there be further dates for supervised tests andhow far down the list the'll go.

that's weird. my test is on the 13th yet I was 1000 places behind you on the OOM... according to yourself anyway....[/

I don't know if you're asking a question or insinuating I'm not telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I don't think people are being scheduled based on their OOM. It seems that they are calling everyone under a particular OOM. The actual scheduling might be random or alphabetic or by application number.

So far everyone who has posted here is scheduled for either the 13th or 16th November and the OOM's are from around 1100 and lower.

My OOM is 2300 so I'm not sure id I'll be called at all. I wonder if there will be a second batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

that's weird. my test is on the 13th yet I was 1000 places behind you on the OOM... according to yourself anyway....[/

I don't know if you're asking a question or insinuating I'm not telling the truth.

The date someone is allocated for their supervised test quite often bears no correlation to their order of merit placing. In fact for many publicjobs supervised tests if you cant make your allocated session you can just turn up for another one and if there is a space available they will facilitate you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 RaoisleMcK

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    I don't think people are being scheduled based on their OOM. It seems that they are calling everyone under a particular OOM. The actual scheduling might be random or alphabetic or by application number.

So far everyone who has posted here is scheduled for either the 13th or 16th November and the OOM's are from around 1100 and lower.

Think you might be right. I have a test on the 16th and my OOM is 329.

Advertisement