Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

Tillfred wrote: »
    that's weird. my test is on the 13th yet I was 1000 places behind you on the OOM... according to yourself anyway....[/

I don't know if you're asking a question or insinuating I'm not telling the truth.

neither. would you agree it's strange though?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ConorPP

ronb and Ber25, my OOM is higher than both of yours. There will be numerous "batches" of supervised tests. We will just have to be patient. These procedures are a very slow process. People have said here that from the time they appied to the time they were taken on was up to 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

ConorPP wrote: »
    ronb and Ber25, my OOM is higher than both of yours. There will be numerous "batches" of supervised tests. We will just have to be patient. These procedures are a very slow process. People have said here that from the time they appied to the time they were taken on was up to 2 years.

My OOM is around the 1400s and I haven't been called. Also, can attest to the second part. Applied for the 2016 campaign in May of last year and am only due to be interviewed in the coming few weeks. It's SOOOOO LONG.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Hey All,
    I just want to ask those who got the invite to supervised testing... what will it be? The assessment we have done already only now under supervised conditions or verbal/numerical tests?
    Thanks

marmieB wrote: »
    Hey All,
    I just want to ask those who got the invite to supervised testing... what will it be? The assessment we have done already only now under supervised conditions or verbal/numerical tests?
    Thanks

Yep, same again except this time in a supervised setting to prove that you didn’t cheat the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

marmieB wrote: »
    Hey All,
    Thanks

When you are called there is an instruction document provided. There will be two tests. A verbal interpretation test and a numerical interpretation test. They are both done on a computer at the test centre. The document includes links to a practice test so that you can see what it looks like.

Each of the two tests are about 20 minutes but the whole thing should take about 90 minutes including registering and instructions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

marmieB wrote:
    Hey All, I just want to ask those who got the invite to supervised testing... what will it be? The assessment we have done already only now under supervised conditions or verbal/numerical tests? Thanks

When you are invited for Stage 2, read their attached Familiarisation Material Link. Everything you need to know is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Great that there is hope of being called at some stage. Best of luck to everyone next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Is there any way to re-schedule the test? No email or contact details on the message. I am away on holidays for the date that I was given but would be available on some of the days that others have posted on here.

Is there any way to re-schedule the test? No email or contact details on the message. I am away on holidays for the date that I was given but would be available on some of the days that others have posted on here.

Try clerical2017@publicjobs.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

The cut off must be somewhere close to 1100 as a friend of mine who was circa 1150 has not been called to stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brown eyed girl 25

Hi Everybody :D

I'm a newbie to this I signed up to Boards.ie specifically to follow this post :) I've been a TCO for almost 3yrs now. My contract is due to end next month, and I'm in this competition to try get my foot in the door as a permanent CO & get rid of that "T" once and for all! In stage 1 I Scored in the 600's and my OOM is 71.

I have sat verbal & numerical supervised tests before, & I think the way they generally work for CO positions is;

Verbal test = 26 Questions with a time of 18mins to complete the test. Minimum qualifying score of 15 correct answers.
    Numerical test = 21 Questions with a time of 20mins to complete the test. Minimum qualifying score of 6 correct answers.

I find the numerical part so impossibly difficult. My question is does anybody have any links to extra practice numerical tests please? I have completed the Public Appointments Service ones & I just want as much practice as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated please :D

Best of Luck everybody :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Goalposthunt2

Does anyone know long the supervised exams last, and if they are punctual in when they give out? Trying to schedule it around work

Does anyone know long the supervised exams last, and if they are punctual in when they give out? Trying to schedule it around work

Each of the two tests are around 20 mind each bit they go through instructions for both and you also have to complete registration so the whole think takes about 90 mins and yes, they are punctual!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ConorPP

Hi Everybody :D

I'm a newbie to this I signed up to Boards.ie specifically to follow this post :) I've been a TCO for almost 3yrs now. My contract is due to end next month, and I'm in this competition to try get my foot in the door as a permanent CO & get rid of that "T" once and for all! In stage 1 I Scored in the 600's and my OOM is 71.

I have sat verbal & numerical supervised tests before, & I think the way they generally work for CO positions is;

Verbal test = 26 Questions with a time of 18mins to complete the test. Minimum qualifying score of 15 correct answers.
    Numerical test = 21 Questions with a time of 20mins to complete the test. Minimum qualifying score of 6 correct answers.

I find the numerical part so impossibly difficult. My question is does anybody have any links to extra practice numerical tests please? I have completed the Public Appointments Service ones & I just want as much practice as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated please :D

Best of Luck everybody :):):)

If you keep starting again on Publicjobs.ie they'll come up different as far as I'm aware.

There are many books with numerical reasoning tests in Easons. Also libraries are great to borrow such books as they are not cheap to buy. There are many tests online as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Hi all,

I scored just under 600's stage 1 and my OOM is just under 1300, what does it mean?? sorry for silly question?

Thank you

2016claire wrote: »
    Hi all,

I scored just under 600's stage 1 and my OOM is just under 1300, what does it mean?? sorry for silly question?

Thank you

The OOM is your order of merit. It indicates where you ranked in comparison to everyone who took the online test. You ranked around 1300. The people who have an OOM between 1 and around 1100 have already been notified to attend for phase 2 testing.

The OOM is not a reflection of your inteligence but a reflection of your suitablilty to work as a CO. AS your OOM is around 1300 you will be called in the next round of phase 2 testing.

It is not known how many people qualified for phase 2 or how many jobs are availible. So there is no way of knowing when the second round of phase 2 testing will happen.

If you have a read back through the last couple of pages of this thread you will be up to date with what we know so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

ConorPP wrote: »
    Has anyone else applied to the CO position for South Dublin County Council? I did, got invited to first stage of supervised tests on 28th Nov.

BTW, does anyone have any info on climbing the career ladder in the County Council compared to the relatively straight forward Civil Service?

Make sure you know everything about Co.Council well as much as you can, like where they get their budget, councilors roll in planing, what do they do and deal with, how many Councillors ect. Good Luck

Hi all Ive got my test tomorrow so Ive have been doing the practice tests today. I see in the instructions it says you may use a calculator:)
    Does anyone know if this is the case in the actual test?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 amazonwomen

Yes they supply calculators. I'll never forget them because they were disgustingly dirty.

brilliant thanks!

that puts a different light on things... there was me with pen and paper 1st time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 amazonwomen

This was for Marmie B. No idea how it ended up here.
    Yes it's the same test under supervision. They use the results you received in the unsupervised test as a benchmark and you have to score close to your last score. This is also how they ensure someone else hasn't done the other test for you. I found the supervised test much easier as the information and where to find it is more familiar.

Best of luck tomorrow Coddlemonster. You'll have to let us know what it was like and how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Kamu

Good luck everybody doing the test tomorrow/soon, hope to work with you all someday. :p

Ok I'm back from the test it went ok i suppose. The verbal one was grand I seem to do ok in those but the maths was a bitch - it's more to do with the language used in the questions I struggle with, not the actual calculations.
    Anyway there was about 50 of us there and we were split into two groups. the girl there said they were doing 3 tests a day and results would be out in December.
    Good luck to everyone ;)

I did same test this morning. I agree, verbal test seemed ok but I got stuck on numerical. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

Ok I'm back from the test it went ok i suppose. The verbal one was grand I seem to do ok in those but the maths was a bitch - it's more to do with the language used in the questions I struggle with, not the actual calculations.
    Anyway there was about 50 of us there and we were split into two groups. the girl there said they were doing 3 tests a day and results would be out in December.
    Good luck to everyone ;)

Well luckily the numerical doesnt seem to be going towards the overall OOM its just a combination of verbal and apptitude test. So scraping a pass in numerical is as good as getting all right-just have to pass it. Same as 2016 nationwide campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dreadlymm

Good luck to everyone ;)

Hey well done on getting through it :)

Can you tell me how similar were the Verbal and Numerical tests to the practice ones they have online?

• Advertisement

dreadlymm wrote: »
    Hey well done on getting through it :)

Can you tell me how similar were the Verbal and Numerical tests to the practice ones they have online?

I found the practice tests a great help obviously the questions and figures are all different but the format is exactly the same.
    best of luck with it

Advertisement