Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM Free - £589.99 Amazon UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Did the first ebay linked plug do the trick with the Samsung charger for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

'Twas a tight squeeze in the end but this one closes 99% around the S8 charger :)

http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/mains-connector-adapters-converters/7839568/

I think mine might actually be this one (http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/mains-connector-adapters-converters/7839555/) which as far as I can see only differs in the max Amps the plug is rated for and, importantly, mine had a strange screw on it but the 5A one seems to have a normal flat-head screw.

I've a bunch in a drawer for occasions like this.

EDIT: Scratch that. Type G refers to the strange screw I mentioned. Better make sure you have the driver for it or try your luck with eBay ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

Anyone aware of the different versions of phones in EU countries? Prices vary from each amazon site, .es, .it, .de & .fr. difference of 100e in some. Only thing I can see different is the version. Was looking briefly today and with Google translate it all wasn't too clear. Some people might know more on this topic. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Anyone aware of the different versions of phones in EU countries? Prices vary from each amazon site, .es, .it, .de & .fr. difference of 100e in some. Only thing I can see different is the version. Was looking briefly today and with Google translate it all wasn't too clear. Some people might know more on this topic. TIA

there is no difference apart from them being Italian,German,French versions of the phone, they all come with EU warranty so nothing to worry about if there is any issue with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

Anyone got any feedback back on Cellularishop from Italy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Showing as 529GBP plus delivery for me from egadget

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

5500 wrote: »
    Showing as 529GBP plus delivery for me from egadget

Yeah same here. That didn't last long!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

For anyone that's bought one of these through Amazon, has it been well packed? I'm looking to pick one up for the other half but I'd hate to shell out for it to arrive damaged because of poor packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

markc1184 wrote: »
    For anyone that's bought one of these through Amazon, has it been well packed? I'm looking to pick one up for the other half but I'd hate to shell out for it to arrive damaged because of poor packaging.

It's Amazon so it will be well packaged or maybe not but most of the time it's well packaged. Either way you can return the item citing damaged box and they'll pay for it and then expedite you a new one.

They're good like that. I had 4 items arrive Monday and 3 of them had little hand written stickers on them saying L4. All completely different items and these labels were hand torn and stuck to it. They sent replacements and when I contacted them back and said I don't want replacements they refunded the items so I've a refund and 2 of each of the items.

Would they do it for an S8, fat chance. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Received from amazon.fr perfect nick new and unopened in original packaging. took two weeks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Has anyone bought from G UK TRADE on amazon.co.uk? New S8 is £505.95.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S8-64GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Midnight-Black/dp/B06XYMCMHD

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Doodoo wrote:
    Has anyone bought from G UK TRADE on amazon.co.uk? New S8 is £505.95.

Bought from them no issue getting it delivered next day to my parcel wizard.
    Who then proceeded to lose it.

But I would say G UK TRADE are very reliable yes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm holding out to see if it will drop much for Black Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

Sully wrote: »
    I'm holding out to see if it will drop much for Black Friday!

German Mediamarkt lowered priced down to 500e, thats a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Farango wrote: »
    German Mediamarkt lowered priced down to 500e, thats a good deal

Where? €678 on their website.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

can you insure a phone bought outisde of UK & Ireland these days?
    i know i couldnt get it for an s7 edge and ended up buying Uk model so i could get damage cover

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

Supercell wrote: »

http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_samsung-galaxy-s8-64-gb-midnight-black-2246306.html

when you add the phone in basket you get 100e discount

Zwischensumme€ 599,00
    Direktabzug 100€-€ 100,00
    Gesamtsumme€ 499,00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Have many people ordered off German Mediamarkt? Are they ok? I'd get one @ €500.

EDIT: Just went to order it there. How do you get it shipped to Ireland?

EDIT 2: Ordered and used mailboxde.com to forward it here

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Doodoo wrote: »
    Has anyone bought from G UK TRADE on amazon.co.uk? New S8 is £505.95.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S8-64GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Midnight-Black/dp/B06XYMCMHD

Yes I bought an s8 from them 10 days ago via Parcel Motel.
    ordered Friday, had it Tuesday.
    Everything was above board; checked IMEI's etc and everything checked out.

Happy with the purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Have many people ordered off German Mediamarkt? Are they ok? I'd get one @ €500.

What did the total come to if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

south wrote: »
    Ronan14 wrote: »

What did the total come to if you don't mind me asking?
    The mailboxde website is a bit hard to make sense of. You get an invoice when they receive the item, which you then pay and then they send the item to you. By looking at the website I think it should cost me about €13, but I wont know until they receive the phone. So should be about €513 in total.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

uRbaN wrote: »
    Yes I bought an s8 from them 10 days ago via Parcel Motel.
    ordered Friday, had it Tuesday.
    Everything was above board; checked IMEI's etc and everything checked out.

Happy with the purchase

How'd you use Parcel Motel if it's a UK address?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭tdow

Down to €499 from amazon.de

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJ49G5B/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

Works out about €524 delivered to ireland including Irish vat

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

toonarmy1 wrote: »

Nessun venditore spedisce attualmente questo prodotto in Irlanda.

"No seller currently dispatched this item to Ireland"

Why are you posting about the S7 on an S8 thread though?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Sorry to be dragging up a relatively old thread, but I only want an S8.

Would there be any reason NOT to go for this on amazon DE, sold and fulfilled by Amazon themselves; only 352.09 delivery to Ireland: (well maybe 8 euro more)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XJ49G5B/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

Like Amazon uk is nearly 550 euros, and argos is 630

Posting this from my S8 purchased from Amazon DE. Nope, can't think of any reason not to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Sorry to be dragging up a relatively old thread, but I only want an S8.

Would there be any reason NOT to go for this on amazon DE, sold and fulfilled by Amazon themselves; only 352.09 delivery to Ireland: (well maybe 8 euro more)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XJ49G5B/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

Like Amazon uk is nearly 550 euros, and argos is 630

Seems like a great price

There is also an offer with a 128GB micro SD card for 375 which isn't bad either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Was doing fine until checkout. They problem. Won't deliver the phone to ireland, but no problem with the case. And it still says from the outset that delivery to ireland is ok. Hate when Amazon do this.

Can't find the one for 375. Will you post the link?

Advertisement