Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM Free - £589.99 Amazon UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Was doing fine until checkout. They problem. Won't deliver the phone to ireland, but no problem with the case. And it still says from the outset that delivery to ireland is ok. Hate when Amazon do this.

Can't find the one for 375. Will you post the link?

Try parcelmotel northern ireland
    On your link there is an option to select "size" where you can select. Phone and 128GB card

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Sorted, found the one with the bundled card, and this worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Anyone know how to get it delivered to Ireland?

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get it delivered to Ireland?

Well this is the link to the one that ordered successfully for me:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07GPR11N1/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Regarding the S8 + 128G card from Amazon.de for €375..... dumbo questions:

Is it brand new and in factory sealed box?

When you turn it on first to set everything up, can you get it to do everything in English??

Do they ship direct to Ireland?

• Advertisement

sector_000 wrote: »
    Regarding the S8 + 128G card from Amazon.de for €375..... dumbo questions:

When you turn it on first to set everything up, can you get it to do everything in English??

I'll let you know when (/if!) I get it. Surely have it towards end next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

sector_000 wrote:

sector_000 wrote:

sector_000 wrote:

Yes...Yes...Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Just ordered the s8 with memory card as the one without a card has jumped up in price. Hope they will honour the order. With Irish vat and shipping the price was €395.71

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭The lips

I ordered the same, no dispatch date yet, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Can anyone recommend a strong sturdy but not too ugly case for these kinda phones? Is Otterbox still the best brand?

• Advertisement

I use Ringke, great so far, otterbox are fugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

freebee23 wrote: »
    Just ordered the s8 with memory card as the one without a card has jumped up in price. Hope they will honour the order. With Irish vat and shipping the price was €395.71
    Why wouldn't they? It's not a misprice, it's a sale. German retail, at least for electronics, is generally more competitive than UK, hence what might seem like a shocking saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Thanks OP. There's another e395 from my wallet. :rolleyes:

Missed call this morning from an amazon number according to Google. Can't call it back, just says its not available or something. No email, but the money hasn't left my account either. Suspecting this order is not going to go through!

How did the rest of ye fair?

A case I can recommend is the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Had it before on an S6 edge, and now on an s8 plus

Order placed
    Not yet dispatched
    €1 taken from bank

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Order placed
    Not yet dispatched
    €1 taken from bank

Normal. Periodically Amazon check my card for €1 when I order , normally if there's a gap between orders. Ensuring card is valid. €1 will disappear soon enough after shipping, only a ghost transaction.

Any movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Money taken from my account...arriving friday

Preparing for dispatch..

For s9+ i ordered...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Any movement?

looking at the page today it shows 1 to 3 months and not delivered to ireland... hope these orders get through and not delayed or canceled

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

looking at the page today it shows 1 to 3 months and not delivered to ireland... hope these orders get through and not delayed or canceled
    Still no update on my S8 with 128G card

• Advertisement

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Missed call this morning from an amazon number according to Google. Can't call it back, just says its not available or something. No email, but the money hasn't left my account either. Suspecting this order is not going to go through!

How did the rest of ye fair?

A case I can recommend is the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Had it before on an S6 edge, and now on an s8 plus

Where can I buy it please? Spigen don't deliver to Ireland via Amazon.

Organise a group buy for all the lucky bargain hunters on here? Shipping is arounf $30, not much if shared between a few

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

tomslick wrote: »
    Still no update on my S8 with 128G card
    Got an update that I'll have mine between 1st to 16th of October

The lips wrote: »
    Organise a group buy for all the lucky bargain hunters on here? Shipping is arounf $30, not much if shared between a few

Where are you seeing 30 dollar shipping?

Same here.

Where are you seeing 30 dollar shipping?

I didnt, last time i ordered it was $20 delivered to my doir from the US. Loads of spigen stuff on amazon

The lips wrote: »
    I didnt, last time i ordered it was $20 delivered to my doir from the US. Loads of spigen stuff on amazon

I never thought of spigen US. Cheers! Regretting going with the Orchid Grey now. V hard to match cases with.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Got this ordered today-delivery to Ireland
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XNNJ4KM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

devil-80 wrote: »

Thanks but its only in black and a few sites recommended tough armor if I'm clumsy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06XNVPGC2/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1&th=1 and change the colour if you don't like black

looks too hard for me do preferred the other one

Advertisement