Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

FYI...The Hunted Hog is a great little pub in the village beside the grounds of castlemartyr
    Is that the one that used to be Pat Shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Castlemartyr is an excellent course as well. Worthy subsititute.

Don’t worry ssbob, we know what your organisation skills are like, remember my captains day?!!!!

Only joking!!!

Best I am kept away from any dates/times going forward.... if I ever get to Captain the society I will be delegating!!! Thankfully that's why I have a secretary in work ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I see that American Golf have just opened up a store at Rosses Point, so we'll have a spot close by to stock up before captains

I see that American Golf have just opened up a store at Rosses Point, so we'll have a spot close by to stock up before captains
    Nothing like arriving to an event and realising you have no balls :D

ssbob wrote: »
    Nothing like arriving to an event and realising you have no balls :D

Given the venue I imagine there could be plenty of people needing every spare they can get their hands on :(

• Advertisement

Updated GOTY points after Castlemartyr - Getting tight now with podium finishes a must for anyone who wants to challenge! 13 played with 11 members. Munster dominated :D

449689.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Hey lads... what's the craic with becoming a member of the society? just thinking I might be able to make a few events :)

oh & total arm chancer... could I snag some of the points from Castlemartyr?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Hey lads... what's the craic with becoming a member of the society? just thinking I might be able to make a few events :)

oh & total arm chancer... could I snag some of the points from Castlemartyr?

Howya,
    Did you send on your details to Seveob to get added to the text service?

Unfortunately, there's a rule in place where points are only added when you become a member. We've had a few lads in your situation before as well and we had to stick to it, its only fair on the rest of the lads. Hope you understand. It's all about enjoying the courses we play with the added bonus of the matchplay at the end of the year.

Howya,
    Did you send on your details to Seveob to get added to the text service?

Unfortunately, there's a rule in place where points are only added when you become a member. We've had a few lads in your situation before as well and we had to stick to it, its only fair on the rest of the lads. Hope you understand. It's all about enjoying the courses we play with the added bonus of the matchplay at the end of the year.

Hey Charlie, no I didn't. I'll pop him a msg there now.

I partly guessed that... was being a total chancer :)

Hey Charlie, no I didn't. I'll pop him a msg there now.

I partly guessed that... was being a total chancer :)

Ahh a have to try!!!

Thanks for coming Saturday.

• Advertisement

Updated GOTY after Dundrum - poor turnout but some handy points up for grabs. Good win by Tiger but has he peaked too early?
    451295.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Great course, didn't enjoy it that much as I lost 2 balls after two great shots because the gps of the phone was marking the wrong distances and that put me off (I was playing really well). But all in all really good course. Great company with doublecross, paulos53 and woodyg. None of us could get the speed of the greens at all, that subtracted a few points per head, we were always short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

Would you look at that :cool::)

benny79 wrote: »
    Would you look at that :cool::)

to say i'm shocked is an understatement :p

Now, Now Ken don't ruin my moment of glory :D

Now, Now Ken don't ruin my moment of glory :D

you know I was only messing ;)

Hope that handicap is cut to shreds Benny!!!! :)

Hope that handicap is cut to shreds Benny!!!! :)
    Don't worry Charlie - he is cut to where he belongs now :D

ssbob wrote: »
    Don't worry Charlie - he is cut to where he belongs now :D

:D:D:D:D

Make it a bit easier for the rest of us in Mitchelstown now so!!!:D:D:D

Unlike Tiger I welcome handicap cuts - Shows I'm playing well and improving.. Plus I don't think I played my best Saturday far from it. Now if I could only get my GUI handicap down....

• Advertisement

Unlike Tiger I welcome handicap cuts - Shows I'm playing well and improving.. Plus I don't think I played my best Saturday far from it. Now if I could only get my GUI handicap down....
    Harsh :D

I am afraid I won't be able to play again until Sligo, is there any logistics being planned re sleeping or should we book individually?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

jarrieta wrote: »
    I am afraid I won't be able to play again until Sligo, is there any logistics being planned re sleeping or should we book individually?

Cheers
    We have 10 twin rooms pre booked in the glasshouse in Sligo town for anyone who wants to go with that or book yourself if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

We have 10 twin rooms pre booked in the glasshouse in Sligo town for anyone who wants to go with that or book yourself if you want.

i'm in gaffer

Yeah, me too, happy to put the deposit in.

I might get there on Fri and hoping to play Strandhill if anyone is interested

jarrieta wrote: »
    Yeah, me too, happy to put the deposit in.

I might get there on Fri and hoping to play Strandhill if anyone is interested

I'm in too Captain & will probably be aiming to head down the Friday before too, so would be interested in squeezing a round in somewhere, preferably with an open on.

Need to confirm what my car situation will be for it first

Same here boss.

I've actually got reciprocal playing rights for Strandhill but unfortunately doesn't include Fridays, would have joined you otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Same here boss.

I've actually got reciprocal playing rights for Strandhill but unfortunately doesn't include Fridays, would have joined you otherwise.

Hey, if you are Tullamore then you are part of the Braid Course system which is international but your best value is likely Mullingar at €20

http://www.tullamoregolfclub.ie/sites/default/files/2018-02/List%20of%20James%20Braid%20Courses%20%26%20Rules%20Feb%202018%20Assocation%20JB%20Courses%202018%20%281%29.pdf

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Same here boss.

That is possibly because Fridays are open days, more reason to play there! 30 quid

• Advertisement

Im in for the accommodation Post & Brian. Any update on player standings after last outing? ;)

Advertisement