Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

slave1 wrote: »
    Hey, if you are Tullamore then you are part of the Braid Course system which is international but your best value is likely Mullingar at €20

http://www.tullamoregolfclub.ie/sites/default/files/2018-02/List%20of%20James%20Braid%20Courses%20%26%20Rules%20Feb%202018%20Assocation%20JB%20Courses%202018%20%281%29.pdf

Nice one, didn't know that!

Yupp, I moved to Tullamore this year. Less than 5 mins from work now so very handy for lunchtime practice. 20 mins closer to home as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I'll take a spot! Just let me know when you need money.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

benny79 wrote: »
    Im in for the accommodation Post & Brian. Any update on player standings after last outing? ;)
    Think it’s up on the main page?

RoadRunner wrote: »
    I'll take a spot! Just let me know when you need money.
    I have free cancellations up until 48 hours before it so no panic with money.

Hoping to get there Friday before aswell so I’m interested in a Captains run Friday to check the form:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

how much is it boss?

Seve OB wrote: »

how much is it boss?
    €120 per room or €60 each. Breakfast is not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

This is the main page ;)

This is the main page ;)
    My bad , half asleep replying there.... ha ha. He has it done just to post it...... are you worried about your top spot:)

€120 per room or €60 each. Breakfast is not included.

Jumbo Brekkie rolls for us all so

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    Jumbo Brekkie rolls for us all so

pizza! :D

pizza! :D

Remember that one alright. Poor bastards thought we were treating them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Break80

I am in for the overnight as well Captain.
    I might need 2 nights as that drive is too much for 1 day.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

My bad , half asleep replying there.... ha ha. He has it done just to post it...... are you worried about your top spot:)

Is he keeping it a secret?? :D

Is he keeping it a secret?? :D
    You're still on top anyway Benny;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Would like to see the standings also to see how much catching up is required if even possible.

Macker1 wrote: »
    Would like to see the standings also to see how much catching up is required if even possible.

You’re not out of it by a long shot yet Macker. One good finish would get you back up there. You’ve only 3 played and a lot have 4/5 and you’re not too far behind.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    You’re not out of it by a long shot yet Macker. One good finish would get you back up there. You’ve only 3 played and a lot have 4/5 and you’re not too far behind.

Just back from holidays and will be playing a Medal on Sunday so time has come to start getting the golfing into gear. Strange year so far with the inclement weather playing havoc and then work getting in the way so much :(

Plan is to play three remaining outings although the Moyvalley outing August 18th (20 mins away :)) does potentially clash with the Captains Day at home club (If I qualify the previous week :)/:()

It certainly sounds like the previous outing to Mitchelstown was a great day out on a fine course so I'm chomping at the bit raring to go.

See you at Palmerstown

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Has the teamer for Palmerstown been sent out yet?

davegilly wrote: »
    Has the teamer for Palmerstown been sent out yet?

i'll do it shortly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

GOTY updated after Mitchelstown (Apologies for the delay)
    454332.PNG

Just a gently reminder for anyone trying to qualify for the Ryder jug at the end of the year. Make sure to get to the last few rounds guys..........
    Ryder Jug
    The Ryder Jug is an annual team matchplay event played between the Boards.ie golf society and the Reps golf society. The Boards.ie Golf society team shall be made up of the top ten players from the Order of Merit plus 2 Captains picks. Should a player in the top 10 not be available for selection, the Captain will be afforded an additional pick. To qualify for the Ryder Jug team, each player should have competed in at least 4 qualifying events during the year. A qualifying event is any Boards event deemed qualifying by the committee and may not be limited to society outings. The Ryder Jug is competed for in a one day event of 6 fourball head to head matches, played generally in early to mid October.

We have 10 twin rooms pre booked in the glasshouse in Sligo town for anyone who wants to go with that or book yourself if you want.
    It was actually 3 twin rooms and 7 doubles that I booked lads so if thats a problem for anyone let me know.I know a few people are going up the friday so if I get numbers i can add onto the booking.No hassle for a few weeks yet to decide but ill get the friday night booked in asap.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Hi everyone GOTY updated after Palmerstown - change at the top :):
    458635.PNG

Thank god I'm not last!
    (After I win tomorrow it should look a little more respectable :D)

Thank god I'm not last!
    (After I win tomorrow it should look a little more respectable :D)

I was thinking the exact same

Finally a table to look at......

It would appear that the Ryder Jug Team will be missing a few old timers this year. Always good to see new players in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

I won't be able to make the captain's so tomorrow is my last chance to put some fat on that lead

I won't be able to make the captain's so tomorrow is my last chance to put some fat on that lead
    No better man to finish in style...... back in number 1 again! FairPlay DC :)

• Advertisement

You’d be playing captains off a + handicap if you finish top 3 !! First time ever for Society!!

Advertisement