Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

We have 10 twin rooms pre booked in the glasshouse in Sligo town for anyone who wants to go with that or book yourself if you want.

Have you spaces left still?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

We have 10 twin rooms pre booked in the glasshouse in Sligo town for anyone who wants to go with that or book yourself if you want.

Have you spaces left still?
    Yes will be posting a new thread this week with all details

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

It was actually 3 twin rooms and 7 doubles that I booked lads so if thats a problem for anyone let me know.I know a few people are going up the friday so if I get numbers i can add onto the booking.No hassle for a few weeks yet to decide but ill get the friday night booked in asap.
    Thanks

Never replied captain but I'm going to head up on the Friday to Sligo, so if you're making a booking you can stick my name on one of the rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

charlieIRL wrote: »
    You’d be playing captains off a + handicap if you finish top 3 !! First time ever for Society!!

dammit, did I not make it to + at some point :(

Very nice playing Doublecross :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rikand wrote: »
    dammit, did I not make it to + at some point :(

Very nice playing Doublecross :D

No unfortunately not. You were off 1.5 in 2014

Come back next year and have another go. Well able for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

No unfortunately not. You were off 1.5 in 2014

Come back next year and have another go. Well able for it.

When I do come back I'll be looking for my GUI handicap. I'm terrible! :D

2018 Boards Golf Society (Moyvalley) (1).pdf

Updated GOTY table there lads

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hmm, I think I need to win next outing and it's still unlikely I'll make the top 10 :(

Will be relying on the aul captains pick I think to make the Ryder Jug team ;)

Anything I can help you with gaffer, just let me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

Just a gently reminder for anyone trying to qualify for the Ryder jug at the end of the year. Make sure to get to the last few rounds guys..........

Ryder Jug
    The Ryder Jug is an annual team matchplay event played between the Boards.ie golf society and the Reps golf society. The Boards.ie Golf society team shall be made up of the top ten players from the Order of Merit plus 2 Captains picks. Should a player in the top 10 not be available for selection, the Captain will be afforded an additional pick. To qualify for the Ryder Jug team, each player should have competed in at least 4 qualifying events during the year. A qualifying event is any Boards event deemed qualifying by the committee and may not be limited to society outings. The Ryder Jug is competed for in a one day event of 6 fourball head to head matches, played generally in early to mid October.

We have enough to field a team now. I count 12 who have played the minimum 4 events :)

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    Hmm, I think I need to win next outing and it's still unlikely I'll make the top 10 :(

Will be relying on the aul captains pick I think to make the Ryder Jug team ;)

Anything I can help you with gaffer, just let me know :D
    I am just hanging on in 10th place after the weekend so unless I get in the top 6 in Sligo the first Captains pick will be the Captain :P

paulos53 wrote: »
    We have enough to field a team now. I count 12 who have played the minimum 4 events :)
    Interesting stat Paulos It is lining up for an interesting finish!!

I am just hanging on in 10th place after the weekend so unless I get in the top 6 in Sligo the first Captains pick will be the Captain :P

Wouldn’t be the first time!!! 😮😮

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

12:40-Ballyk-Break80-Emurphalot
    12:50-Woodyg-Doublecross-Timgolfer
    1:00-Benny79-Macker1-Davo19-Alanm
    1:10-Paulos-Post punk-Tigerwood1-BrianRossiter

Did Brian not return a card for palmerstown house ?

tigerwood1 wrote: »

12:40-Ballyk-Break80-Emurphalot
    12:50-Woodyg-Doublecross-Timgolfer
    1:00-Benny79-Macker1-Davo19-Alanm
    1:10-Paulos-Post punk-Tigerwood1-BrianRossiter

Did Brian not return a card for palmerstown house ?
    Yes he did that will be adjusted, 2 cards got mislaid somehow

The jug is fixed for the 20th October for anyone who can’t make it let us know if possible before the captains prize.
    Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I've played so few events this year that I'm a mile from the top 10, but I won't be available even with a Captains pick

i'm relying on a pick :(

I’m praying for a good round in rosses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

@PostPunk, I won't be able to make the Jug this year unfortunately. I'm sure there's a few lads more than happy to take my place.
    Also looks like I've zero chance of staying at the top of the leaderboard. I think timgolfer only has to turn up to pass me out!

• Advertisement

@PostPunk, I won't be able to make the Jug this year unfortunately. I'm sure there's a few lads more than happy to take my place.
    Also looks like I've zero chance of staying at the top of the leaderboard. I think timgolfer only has to turn up to pass me out!
    No Problem, pity you can’t make it after a good run again this year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Fellow Golfers, as A Post Punk mentioned 2 cards got mislaid and therefore there is a slight change to the previously published GOTY points - it's still all to play for - given that a couple of guaranteed qualifiers for the jug are out as well then that means automatic qualifying will shift a few spots.

Unfortunately this year has just not worked out for me in terms of playing golf - and unless a miracle happens I won't be making the Captains either - best of luck to everyone and congrats to A Post Punk on a great year with some great courses.

460680.PNG

ssbob wrote: »
    Fellow Golfers, as A Post Punk mentioned 2 cards got mislaid and therefore there is a slight change to the previously published GOTY points - it's still all to play for - given that a couple of guaranteed qualifiers for the jug are out as well then that means automatic qualifying will shift a few spots.

Unfortunately this year has just not worked out for me in terms of playing golf - and unless a miracle happens I won't be making the Captains either - best of luck to everyone and congrats to A Post Punk on a great year with some great courses.

460680.PNG
    Cheers for that ssbob

I still need to win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

hey lads, got an email from mygolfnews & it's a chance at winning €500 worth of goods for a golf society... no harm a few putting in entries :)

https://mailchi.mp/d0e81793a91d/500-society-prize-pack-giveaway

Final GOTY standings there lads

462842.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

I literally cannot wait for next week lads! Hope you have had a good (not too good year) . Disappointed to see a few old foes miss out but still some familiar names there! Bring your A game because the trophys coming home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

technodub wrote: »
    the trophys coming home :D

The trophy is home :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Best of luck this weekend. Are ye going to do live scoring again this year?

Advertisement