Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I have no idea why Royal Reserve was taken out of a race today,perhaps it is because connections felt he might not have beaten the winner Captain Navarre over the 2 miles trip.

I fancied Royal Reserve today but I believe he has an even better chance tomorrow in the 3 25 at Newcastle over one mile 4 furlongs.Topweight Mustaaqeem was useful for Stoute and his new trainer should win races when the horse drops a few pounds.

A couple more in the race are useful but Royal Reserve looks something to bet on,ran well in two class 2s and has a great chance dropped to a class 4 now.

I am lying in a recovery ward after a knee op and on good terms with myself for taking the 9 to 4 about Royal Reserve last night all he has to do is now is win and it will aid my recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I am lying in a recovery ward after a knee op and on good terms with myself for taking the 9 to 4 about Royal Reserve last night all he has to do is now is win and it will aid my recovery.

Get well soon

Plenty of time to study form?

Find some more winners :D

I have no idea why Royal Reserve was taken out of a race today,perhaps it is because connections felt he might not have beaten the winner Captain Navarre over the 2 miles trip.

I fancied Royal Reserve today but I believe he has an even better chance tomorrow in the 3 25 at Newcastle over one mile 4 furlongs.Topweight Mustaaqeem was useful for Stoute and his new trainer should win races when the horse drops a few pounds.

A couple more in the race are useful but Royal Reserve looks something to bet on,ran well in two class 2s and has a great chance dropped to a class 4 now.
    Punters have to accept that backing losers is part of the game,however when one never "travels" in a race and is virtually pulled up it is very disappointing,we may learn something in the racing post tomorrow.

Huntsmans Son is worth a bet in the 2 25 at M Rasen,ran a very nice race last time when 2nd to Whos My Jockey over 2 1/2 miles at Huntingdon.Beaten 6 lengths but only gave best to the winner when running around a bit when getting tired in the straight.

He was entitled to be tired after a layoff of more than 500 days and should be fitter now.The form of the race is ok with the four of the first 6 home to have run since all finishing 2nd.

Top weight Stick to the Plan unseated his rider when having the race won and ran a reasonable race last over 3 miles at Cheltenham and may be kept for a handicap at that trip.

Huntsmans Son may drift if the "bounce"factor puts punters off but after only 2 runs over hurdles and 3 runs in point to points (won 2) there may be a lot of improvement to come and can win for his in-form yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I think Rock On Lily in the 12.55 at clonmel is good e/w bet at 6/1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭x PyRo

In the good quality sprint handicap at Chelmsford, I'm pretty sure there's at least one horse at a big price who is capable of going close to winning and the only problem is finding out which! Whirl Me Round has a lot to prove on what is his second start for George Peckham but I wouldn't take the first seriously as it came over 7f at Wolverhampton and it's too far for him. Add into the equation a first-time hood that may have negated his interest in the race and you have the perfect recipe for a throwaway performance. Previous to joining this yard he had shown some solid form over 5f & 6f as a juvenile and went within a neck of landing the £110k 2-year-old Trophy at Redcar last October. Things obviously didn't work out afterwards as, following a (decent-ish) effort at Doncaster, he was sold and then not seen for another year but hopefully whatever issue was ailing him has been overcome.

Based on what he was showing last term, the tempo of today's race could well suit as the likes of Aleef, Cappananty Con, Captain Lars and Jameerah have all gone from the front on their latest starts and Peckham's charge will want them falling in a heap if he's to come through late on. Being drawn in stall 4 is perfect and Luke Morris is an obviously positive jockey booking on the All-Weather, plus he does ride plenty of the stable's better fancied runners. It's tough to know whether I'm barking up the wrong tree or the right one given the horse's profile and the risks attached, but 25/1 makes all of that worthwhile and I can't see another price-play in the race that I'd prefer. Aleef interests me in the first-time tongue-tie back at 6f but the price is tight and he flopped heavily five weeks ago when punted into 4/1. The market will tell a story there pre-race but I'm happy enough to throw a (potentially wild) dart at Whirl Me Round.

Chelmsford:
    6:30 - Whirl Me Round - 1pt @ 25/1 (General)

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I think Rock On Lily in the 12.55 at clonmel is good e/w bet at 6/1

Lovely 8/1 winner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭droidman123

Lovely 8/1 winner

Nice one,didnt have a bet today myself,but well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Huntsmans Son is worth a bet in the 2 25 at M Rasen,ran a very nice race last time when 2nd to Whos My Jockey over 2 1/2 miles at Huntingdon.Beaten 6 lengths but only gave best to the winner when running around a bit when getting tired in the straight.

He was entitled to be tired after a layoff of more than 500 days and should be fitter now.The form of the race is ok with the four of the first 6 home to have run since all finishing 2nd.

Top weight Stick to the Plan unseated his rider when having the race won and ran a reasonable race last over 3 miles at Cheltenham and may be kept for a handicap at that trip.

Huntsmans Son may drift if the "bounce"factor puts punters off but after only 2 runs over hurdles and 3 runs in point to points (won 2) there may be a lot of improvement to come and can win for his in-form yard.
    Very easy winner.

Did it well and the 11/4 that was available everywhere was a very good price.

• Advertisement

Punters have to accept that backing losers is part of the game,however when one never "travels" in a race and is virtually pulled up it is very disappointing,we may learn something in the racing post tomorrow.

The Racing Post reported that the horse was well backed and Royal Reserve was reported to have"a breathing problem".

1:45 sedgefield
    Going against one of my golden rules of never backing one trained by Donald McCain but think pinch of ginger is a decent e/w bet @10/1 8 runners

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

Lovely 8/1 winner

Fair play, great price

Breanski is quoted fav in the 7 45 at Chelmsford but I feel the stables other entry Waarif is better value at 8/1,Waarif seems to need at least 10 furlongs and though he has run ok over a mile I believe he will do better over longer trips and is an ew bet.

Highly approved is fancied in the 7 oc in dundalk .

Backed Warrington and Highly Approved in ew singles and added Mutineers 6 45 Chelmsford and Katie manner 8 30 Dun to make up an ew lucky 15

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

Backed Warrington and Highly Approved in ew singles and added Mutineers 6 45 Chelmsford and Katie manner 8 30 Dun to make up an ew lucky 15

Where is Warrington running

hobie21 wrote: »
    Where is Warrington running

Sorry its Waarif,phones sometimes take over.

Katiymann 8 30 Dun is the 4th in the lucky 15

Not too good today just one winner at 9/4 in the lucky 15,hope to do better Saturday.

• Advertisement

There are two fast track races taking place at Wol tomorrow evening and both can be won by the topweights,Sound and Silence is game and can win the 7 45 while Watersmeet can repeat last years win in the 8 15.

The Beecher at 1 30 at Aintree is always a good race and I fancy Vieux Lion Rouge to go well at 8 or 9 to 1,PP is money back as a free bet if the winner wins by 4 lengths or more so bets must be struck with PP,Highland Lodge is at the right end of the handicap and also has a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

This is 29/1

Wol not certain to be on but top class flat racing in Hong Kong (Sha Tin),Talismanic beat Aiden Obriens Highland Reel and can do so again in the 6 oc am! at around 4/1 and Werther looks the one in the 8 30.I will watch these two group 1s at a more sensible hour on Sunday morning.

Acapella Bourgeois was very well backed when falling last time (made a few mistakes) and is very short again today for the 3 05 at Navan.I am backing Fine Rightly ew in the race,ran well over a distance too short last time and will be staying on at the finish at a track that suits and might be a bit of value at 8/1.

• Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Zapper Cass will be the first of two bets today and I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see Tony Coyle's charge outrun his odds. There's no doubting his UK career has been mediocre since arriving around a year ago but he did manage to win a handicap at Nottingham in June and has now fallen 4lbs below that mark. I thought there was definite promise in his penultimate start at Southwell when the minimum trip was simply too sharp and the two horses directly in-front of him that day, Mujassam and Treaty Of Rome, finished first and third in a decent 6f handicap at the same track last week. Today's bet was only mid-division on that occasion having taken the pair on once more but, again, it wasn't a run completely devoid of promise. The tapeta surface may suit better, this represents a drop in grade (first Class 5 outing in Britain) and I simply think he's a horse who should be winning sooner rather than later. Cheekpieces going on for the first time are an interesting addition as well and if they can eke out a bit more, things could get interesting in the closing stages.

In the following race, a step forward from Mio Ragazzo could be on the cards. It's clear from the markets on a couple of his four starts to date that better has been expected of the well-bred son of Mayson but one can only assume he has been a slow burner when it comes to getting the hang of things on the track. A tendency to over-race hasn't helped matters but there was a lot to like about his effort at Kempton (five weeks ago) when running on well late in the piece to finish third behind the well-handicapped Lacan. The raw form wouldn't blow your mind but the visual was encouraging and getting an extra 142 yards today could be the key to unlock the door. Marco Botti's yard are going along nicely on the All-Weather this month, with 4 winners and a few places from 11 runners, which heightens my enthusiasm, and they've a serious chance to extend that to a fifth with this fellow. He definitely has more talent than the official rating of 62 would suggest and this second handicap start could see it all click together. 7/2 won't get us rich but he should take a lot of beating.

Wolverhampton:
    5:45 - Zapper Cass - 1.50pts @ 16/1 (General)
    6:15 - Mio Ragazzo - 2pts @ 7/2 (General)

I intended backing Djakadam in the 2 05 today despite Willie Mullins not sounding too confident on ATR a few days ago but I was expecting a better price,he is a horse I like a lot but at the price today I am not getting involved.

Twiss's Hill has only one way of running,he likes to make all and is sometimes picked off in the closing stages.On the one occasion he had the race at his mercy he fell at the last and he deserves a good win for his trainer Harry Kelly.

A thorough stayer who thrives on heavy ground,Twiss's Hill can get his head in front today in the 3. 05. at Punchestown and I have backed it ew at 7/2.

I am going to have a little ew on Dorkas in the 3 20 at Cork,a 2 mile handicap hurdle.

Better known as a chaser,Dorkas did not achieve much in a couple of runs over hurdles but won a chase and was set to win another one before falling,i would prefer if todays race was over further but with the ground heavy there will be more emphasis on stamina and at 10s I will back him ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Gone with Sizing John myself at Punchestown

The 1 oc at Ling is a tight little handicap for fillies,i was inclined to go with Very Honest who has been running well and was apprentice ridden in 6 of her last 7 runs and now has Luke Morris on board and can be backed at 5/1.

Very Honest is closely matched with Pretty Bubbles on recent running and Pretty Bubbles can be considered very well handicapped as she won this race last year off 82 and now runs off 70! and Josephine Gordon is up again,she runs well here and is available at 6/1.

If there were 8 runners I would back both ew but only 7 run and the fact that I cannot split the two I am going to do a reverse forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

The 1 oc at Ling is a tight little handicap for fillies,i was inclined to go with Very Honest who has been running well and was apprentice ridden in 6 of her last 7 runs and now has Luke Morris on board and can be backed at 5/1.

Very Honest is closely matched with Pretty Bubbles on recent running and Pretty Bubbles can be considered very well handicapped as she won this race last year off 82 and now runs off 70! and Josephine Gordon is up again,she runs well here and is available at 6/1.

If there were 8 runners I would back both ew but only 7 run and the fact that I cannot split the two I am going to do a reverse forecast.

Cheers Zimmer what price does the forecast pay do u know

• Advertisement

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Cheers Zimmer what price does the forecast pay do u know

It will depend on the sp but as it stands now 28 or 30 to 1.

If racing goes ahead at Ayr Catchthemoonlight should go close in the 1 45,will like the ground.

Advertisement