Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail September Timetable Changes

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Disgraceful. This is Brexitism. The rejection of experts.

nope.
    irish rail realise there is a capacity issue and have decided to reinstate a lot of the diesels to stations which have been hugely negatively effected in terms of capacity issues due to the new timetable.
    Or people could just move down the carriage.

they did. there was still no room.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Bizarre how under utilised the line has been while hundreds of millions have been spent on the Luas and its' high frequency.

(And no, I'm not asking for that level of frequency on the line!).

It has the two highest used non-electrified commuter stations in the country - how is that under used?

The more capacity you put on Maynooth the more it'll be used, simple as that. The NTA have focused for too long on adding buses - welcome as they are, they take twice as long off-peak and more on-peak. A 15 or even 10 min frequency would still result in full trains on the corridor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

L1011 wrote: »
    It has the two highest used non-electrified commuter stations in the country - how is that under used?

The more capacity you put on Maynooth the more it'll be used, simple as that. The NTA have focused for too long on adding buses - welcome as they are, they take twice as long off-peak and more on-peak. A 15 or even 10 min frequency would still result in full trains on the corridor.
    I think one thing to take away from this 'debacle' (not my attitude but almost everyone else's) is that this stuff is hard. Perhaps underserved would be a better term than underutilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Unannounced cancellations appear to be the latest development for DARTS....I'm sure the NTA are been made aware of the true figues :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FitzElla

And even though we are now in April 2019, the most recent quarterly Irish Rail performance report published by the NTA remains Q2 2018...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

FitzElla wrote: »
    And even though we are now in April 2019, the most recent quarterly Irish Rail performance report published by the NTA remains Q2 2018...

I was all ready to give you what for, then I seen the year:D. That's poor indeed.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Ireland trains

Is there going to be another timetable change soon (maby May or September) as irish rail have said that they will be increasing weekend dart services and introduce weekend PPT services in mid 2019.
    Also the new limerick junction platform will probably open soon enough resulting in reduced journey times. And i also noticed that in the December timetable change thr only changes to heuston line trains was the PPT services even though there was line improvment works throught 2018. Add that to line improvment works this year and the new platform at limerick junction there could be a substantial reduction in journey times.

One final thing i noticed is that the 06:15 cork-dub express started in 2015 and took 2h, 15m and yet 4 years later, despite contionous line improvment works the journey time is still the same, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The 06.15 should be 2h10m next timetable, not sure they will manage to squeeze 2h05m.

Advertisement