Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

The practice tests a re ok except for the accent on yer wan doing the talking - holy god woman what are you saying:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bettyblaa

Hi did anyone else have problems with the link to practice tests? On pg5 of familiarisation booklet it says click here for information and access to practice tests, click here is under lined but no link?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

The practice tests a re ok except for the accent on yer wan doing the talking - holy god woman what are you saying:confused:

I agree couldn't make it out took me nearly 5 minutes to do first page, Might give it another crack don't think its for me tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 employ me

I agree couldn't make it out took me nearly 5 minutes to do first page, Might give it another crack don't think its for me tho.

Practise tests were fine (had 1min30 left over) but the real thing flew by and I don't think I did more than 5.

By the way not all us brits sound like that woman! 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    Hi did anyone else have problems with the link to practice tests? On pg5 of familiarisation booklet it says click here for information and access to practice tests, click here is underlined but no link?

If you are opening the doc in word you need to enable editing on the doc before the link will work, make sure you are pressing ctrl + link! If not hover over the link and you'll see the url, write it down and put in directly into your web browser!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    Hi did anyone else have problems with the link to practice tests? On pg5 of familiarisation booklet it says click here for information and access to practice tests, click here is under lined but no link?

You need to hold down control while clicking on the link.

I completed tests this morning but my typing on the audio let me down. I didn't finish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Hey guys,

For anyone who has done the actual call handling exercise, does it follow exactly the same steps as the practice material ie Phone number, name, address post code etc or are there more fields to be filled out. Thanks and best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmullen1983

Hey guys,

For anyone who has done the actual call handling exercise, does it follow exactly the same steps as the practice material ie Phone number, name, address post code etc or are there more fields to be filled out. Thanks and best of luck to everyone

hi tommy... not the same.. more fields to be entered.i only completed 4 pages but on the practise I was getting all done with 30 seconds to spare!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

hi tommy... not the same.. more fields to be entered.i only completed 4 pages but on the practise I was getting all done with 30 seconds to spare!

I Havn't done it yet. To say that I'm sh1tting a brick would be an understatement..

job seeker wrote: »
    I Havn't done it yet. To say that I'm sh1tting a brick would be an understatement..
    you will be fine... let us know how you get on!best of luck ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Hi I haven't had a chance to open the email I got yesterday when does the test have to be finished by?
    Thank you in advance.

Hi I haven't had a chance to open the email I got yesterday when does the test have to be finished by?
    Thank you in advance.
    my test had to be submitted by next Wednesday!better to get it done and finished with!

you will be fine... let us know how you get on!best of luck ðŸ‘

Thanks very much! I'll definitely need all the luck I can get! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Got 5 pages done, with god knows how many spelling mistakes. Got the whole verbal reasoning test done for a change. Doubt I'll place very highly in the OOM, but it's good practice for the mainstream clerical officer exams presumably coming up later this year.

Waffleturd wrote: »
    Got 5 pages done, with god knows how many spelling mistakes. Got the whole verbal reasoning test done for a change. Doubt I'll place very highly in the OOM, but it's good practice for the mainstream clerical officer exams presumably coming up later this year.

now I feel worse... only got 36 out of 42 done on verbal!

now I feel worse... only got 36 out of 42 done on verbal!

That's not bad though!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

That's not bad though!

It's excellent, in fact! I've done these tests in the past and barely got half done.

That's not bad though!

maybe...but what's good and what's bad?

maybe...but what's good and what's bad?

1/42

1/42

ha ha... true.but getting 36 done doesn't mean I got 36 right!

• Advertisement

ha ha... true.but getting 36 done doesn't mean I got 36 right!

I think it's only natural to be thinking the way you are! However, I wouldn't worry... As, the majority of the time, you've done better than you thought you have. :)

I think it's only natural to be thinking the way you are! However, I wouldn't worry... As, the majority of the time, you've done better than you thought you have. :)

hopefully... I think results are out 8th of Feb!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I’m buggered at the moment. Haven’t even tried the practice tests. I have eye infections and can’t see properly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Is the practice test entirely necessary? With these kinds of tests (of which I've done a lot lately), I sort of prefer to wing it without practising! Will I be shocked if I don't?

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    Is the practice test entirely necessary? With these kinds of tests (of which I've done a lot lately), I sort of prefer to wing it without practising! Will I be shocked if I don't?

I found that the practise test was benifital. Give me an idea what I'd be doing.. Although I haven't done the actual test yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Does anybody know if we all get the same questions as each other on the tests or are they all different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if we all get the same questions as each other on the tests or are they all different

There is usually a few different variations of the test to make it harder for people to cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

AGS2017 wrote: »
    Is this a similar pay scale to the civilian immigration jobs at Dublin Airport?

Is there much chance of overtime/additional shifts for the CO's at Dublin Airport to bump up their pay with the odd shift?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scandalas

Done a Call Test practice, expected I could do more after registering with name and email. However it wouldn't allow me just said test completed. I contacted the helpdesk asking about doing a second call test this was the response.

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

You can only do the practice tests once.

Kind regards,
    Support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

Scandalas wrote: »
    Done a Call Test practice, expected I could do more after registering with name and email. However it wouldn't allow me just said test completed. I contacted the helpdesk asking about doing a second call test this was the response.

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

You can only do the practice tests once.

Kind regards,
    Support

Check your personal email, another practise test link for the call test practice was sent out

Advertisement