Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I'm still practising these tests. :O I'm finding having to get them to repeat herself and spell the words for me, just wastes so much time. You'd be nearly better to having a stab at it and try to type in the word yourself and just move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

themom wrote: »
    I also received my email yesterday.

I am having trouble accessing the practice tests though.It won't open with Word.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes me too!! Just got one question on call handler and then they said I'd completed test, tried to go back in and got same msg.

job seeker wrote: »
    Yeah, it is a problem with the site itself.

I was the same, tried on 2 different computers! No luck practicing for me either! Is there anyone we can email to flag this up?

themom wrote: »
    I also received my email yesterday.

I am having trouble accessing the practice tests though.It won't open with Word.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes me too!! Just got one question on call handler and then they said I'd completed test, tried to go back in and got same msg.

beenhad wrote: »

Check your emails. They should have sent you a link, to enable you to keep practicing the call handler test..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Just done them blind there. Finished the verbal, remember it from years ago. Only got five done on the call taking though, not over the moon about that. Definitely a few spelling mistakes too.

Did it myself earlier today, only got to page 5 as well. Hopefully it's enough with the other scores to get us through!

Did it myself earlier today, only got to page 5 as well. Hopefully it's enough with the other scores to get us through!

I only got to page 4 finished. But surely you'll have more time in the actual position to type in the information?

Also the first test about the car part manufacturer. I done that very test previously. For a different campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

job seeker wrote: »
    I only got to page 4 finished. But surely you'll have more time in the actual position to type in the information?

Also the first test about the car part manufacturer. I done that very test previously. For a different campaign.

2013 Gardai recruitment drive per chance?

Kablamo! wrote: »
    2013 Gardai recruitment drive per chance?

Nope it was the clerical officer campaign, 2016..

Now, it made f all difference as I didn't remember any of it. I just recognised the passage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Rachel96

Well just finished the tests not too bad. Kinda disappointed only got to page 5 on the call handling but I don't know how anyone could go any faster and be accurate. Really hope I at least make it to the next stage! I'll be fierce disappointed if I don't but ho-hum! Good Luck Everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Today is the closing date isn't it? I wonder when we will hear about the next stage....

mollycasey wrote: »
    Today is the closing date isn't it? I wonder when we will hear about the next stage....

Yeah today at 12 noon. I'd say about early February. But I'm only guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That happened me too, didn’t get hardly any practice.

Anyway I did the test today, was happy with the verbal and questionnaire but don’t think Ill pass as I got very little done in the call handling just went so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bettyblaa

Did anyone take screenshot of holidays pay etc for this campaign. Please post if anyone has a copy

• Registered Users Posts: 34 annatuk29

Anybody else get an email saying that you didnt complete the assessment before the deadline?? I did complete the three assessments before weds at 12... maybe sent in error?? Anybody else in the same boat?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

annatuk29 wrote: »
    Anybody else get an email saying that you didnt complete the assessment before the deadline?? I did complete the three assessments before weds at 12... maybe sent in error?? Anybody else in the same boat?
    TIA

There was an error when I was going one of the the tests and I got logged out too early but the test still showed 'in progress' the other 2 showed up as 'completed' but I couldn't get back into the test as when I pressed the 'start' button it showed a pop-up box with 'completed' I emailed them and they sorted it out for me but that was a good few days before the deadline. Worth mailing them about it but I'd imagine as the deadline is passed they won't do anything about it now, as it actually says in the notes to do the tests early in case you run into IT problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 colfah

Anybody know when the results of tho competition are out

colfah wrote: »
    Anybody know when the results of tho competition are out

Nobody can say for sure. It's only when we receive a message from public jobs, we'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

Results of Stage 1 will be made available by w/c 12th February 2018 and will be sent to your publicjobs Message board... according to the Familiarisation Booklet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 colfah

Thank you for that info

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Mac1993 wrote: »
    Results of Stage 1 will be made available by w/c 12th February 2018 and will be sent to your publicjobs Message board... according to the Familiarisation Booklet

So we should hear something today or tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

JKerova1 wrote: »
    So we should hear something today or tomorrow...

Knowing PAS it will more than likely be the 12th of Feb at the earlist :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Knowing PAS it will more than likely be the 12th of Feb at the earlist :rolleyes:

Oh yeah you're prob right!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmullen1983

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Oh yeah you're prob right!

Did anybody get any word back yet from PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

Did anybody get any word back yet from PAS?

No.

Sounds like it will be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

just wait till the 12th if you havent heard anything by 6pm then theres a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Invitation to stage 2 there!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Just out of curiosity,what day of the week is It? Hoping if I get called it'd be for a Saturday as it'd be hard to get it off work during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Waffleturd wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity,what day of the week is It? Hoping if I get called it'd be for a Saturday as it'd be hard to get it off work during the week.

The message said to pick fo a week, but that bit isn't open yet!

Advertisement