Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Invitation to stage 2 there!

Was there an aptitude test result with the invitation? It seems unusual you got an invitation to stage 2 when the results haven’t been sent out yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Rather interestingly, when I was having a look about my public jobs profile, I went into the Bookings section and was given the option to book round 2 testing on the 20th, 21st, 22nd or 23rd of this month. I don't have a message in my inbox, so it might just be a glitch and I won't be invited to the next round.

Kind of disappointed in those dates as they really don't suit. I was hoping in vain that like some of the other campaigns they would run testing on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmullen1983

Waffleturd wrote: »
    Rather interestingly, when I was having a look about my public jobs profile, I went into the Bookings section and was given the option to book round 2 testing on the 20th, 21st, 22nd or 23rd of this month. I don't have a message in my inbox, so it might just be a glitch and I won't be invited to the next round.

Kind of disappointed in those dates as they really don't suit. I was hoping in vain that like some of the other campaigns they would run testing on a Saturday.
    I got the same... it's in bookings but didn't get any other notification.Patience is a virtue I suppose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 colfah

Stage 2 invites are out today for Dublin 2017 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

colfah wrote: »

Did they have your order of merit number? I assume they'll do the other regions next week or later.

• Advertisement

Is this for the CO comp or Garda Control Room?

CO campaign for Dublin 2017 my oom 2426

CO campaign for Dublin 2017 my oom 2426
    Ah, you’re in the wrong thread so.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

So just for clarity... I'm not the only one not to receive anything regarding the Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition?

Mac1993 wrote: »
    So just for clarity... I'm not the only one not to receive anything regarding the Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition?
    No... you are not alone!what area you waiting to hear about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

Thank Jasus! :)

Mayo Region

Mac1993 wrote: »
    Me too... checked the public jobs account but nothing on that either!Hopefully we will hear something soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Periplectomenus

Has anybody else heard? Bit concerned that I have not heard yet

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Has anybody else heard? Bit concerned that I have not heard yet

Waiting on Galway, heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

Heard nothing yet either.Am waiting for Cork.

Under Bookings on publicjobs there is an option to book in for a test alright but have not been requested to do so yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Just seen the option to book the verification/online assessment for my second choice which was Castlebar on the My Bookings area of my account.

No message as of yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

In the same boat (Dublin) - dates, but no clarification to proceed.

I clicked one date out of noseyness and the times are 9:00, 11:00, 12:30 and 15:00 - do we know how long they take?

Looks like a half day needed.

Going by the times I would say 2 hours.

Where is the SMART centre?

Just going to ask the same question where I the smart centre In Dublin. I am also wondering if you do the stage 2 for your 2nd choice where does that leave you with your first choice??

themom wrote: »
    Going by the times I would say 2 hours.

Where is the SMART centre?

I have that option in bookings too. It's very short notice and it looks like there will be supervised test and interview on same day which is great not to have to travel twice but next week!
    I presume the smart centre is in Chapter House on Abbey Street where they do the supervised testing.

• Advertisement

Just got my message!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Got a message about my results (I picked Cork)

Stage 2 will commence from Tuesday February 19th and take place over a number of days. Test sessions will take place in the Public Appointments Service, Chapter House, 26-30 Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1. [/I]

Hope this helps people in terms of possible stage 2 dates etc

What does the order of merit mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

themom wrote: »
    What does the order of merit mean?

They do it with all the civil service campaigns through PAS.

Basically its your ranking based on your test score. So after every stage of the competition you are ranked again. If your OOM is 100 for example that means you are the top 100 out of all applicants for your region. The lower the number the better.

Once all stages are completed the OOM is the order that they start offering positions. I hope this makes sense!

OK thanks Sharon2017.You did very well in that case!

Does anybody know how many jobs are available in Galway and castlebar areas??

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

Hello all, just got my message I got oom mid 40s for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

i got low teens in dublin and under 10 in castlebar, ill be sticking with dublin just need to match the score for stage two and then is it onto the interviews, whats after the interviews. i cant seem to find the information booklet anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

After the interview if youre successful youre put on a panel to be called for the job (by your oom at stage 2) as they need to fill positions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

Is it the end of the line if you don't get called to stage 2?

Advertisement