Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Games Have You Completed? (2018 Edition)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

DMC Devil May Cry. PS3. Paid €2.50 for it. Went in with zero expectations due to the bad reviews and really enjoyed it. Some very dodgy platforming made to some frustrating times but the combat I liked overall.

Alice Madness Returns. PS3. Had this when it was first released and got stuck at a section in one of the later chapters so never finished it back then. Ended up buying again when I picked up a cheap PS3 last year for Demons Souls. At times you would say a kid could play this then something twisted and highly disturbing would happen so this is definitely an Alice game for adults. It's actually very challenging, both combat and platforming. Was very satisfying to beat this time around. Rumour has it a sequel is planned called Asylum. I'm very much looking forward to it if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo Switch
    Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4
    Uncharted The Lost Legacy - PS4
    Crash bandicoot 3 Warped- PS4
    Destiny 2 - PS4
    Saints Row 4 Re elected - PS4
    Syberia - Nintendo Switch
    Hitman - PS4
    Back to the Future - Xbox one
    Brothers - Xbox one

Far cry 5 - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So far this year

Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger (3DO) outstanding game, the FMV cotscenes really give it it's own identity
    Forza 4 (Xbox 360) A solid racing game and improvement over 3
    Fatal inertia (Xbox 360) An okay at best Wipeout clone, doesnt do enough to distinguish itself.
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Xbox one) Great campaign, had loads of fun with this. I honestly think it's biggest handicap is the COD name.
    Titanfall 2 (Xbox one) Another great time, surprisingly fun game, i loves all the platforming puzzles.
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (PC) A great arcade shooter let down by the limitations of the N64.
    Ryse: Son of Rome (Xbox one) A surprisingly enjoyable hack & slash that you can blast through in a weekend. Great story and it looks stunning but the combat gets quite repetitive.
    BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (Xbox One) A solid fighter but almost every female character is dressed up to maximize T&A & i can see how it might put people off.
    Injustice 2 (Xbox one) Still a great fighter, not quite as good as the first in terms of story. really lacking in proper alternate skins. Shaders and gear seem pointless to me but I really like the new characters.
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Xbox one) Still a great game and has huge heart. You do miss the time rewind mechanic and Chloe can get very grating as a main character, but otherwise fantastic.
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) I love the characters, story and platforming, but my god, it has some of the worst combat iv'e seen. wave after wave of bullet sponge enemies who constantly throw grenades at you mixed with your relatively low ammo count made me come to hate combat.
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) An improvement in every regard from game, simply superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Flashback || Nintendo Switch

So last year I was able to beat the game for the first time in 23-odd years and I done it again today on the hardest difficulty. No filters, no rewind feature used, no save-states and no fancy little gimmicks at all - just the original experience. I wanted to do it the old fashioned way first before playing around with the other stuff, which is what I'm going to do now. Still my favourite game.

Games Beaten This Year So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SONIC MANIA|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS|PLAYSTATION 4
    STEAMWORLD DIG|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    UNCHARTED 3|PLAYSTATION 4
    UNCHARTED 4|PLAYSTATION 4
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM|PLAYSTATION 4
    BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 2|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 3|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 4|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 5|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 6|NINTENDO SWITCH
    BLOODSTAINED: CURSE OF THE MOON|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FLASHBACK|NINTENDO SWITCH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Final fantasy xv - ps4

Far cry 5 - ps4

Xenoblade chronicles 2 - Nintendo switch

Far Cry 3 - ps4

• Advertisement

Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4
    Destiny 2 - PS4
    Hitman - PS4
    Brothers - Xbox one
    Far cry 5 - PS4

Fifa 18 - PS4

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty || PlayStation 4

Class game, very challenging and a great remake. Got the trophy for beating the game on Hard while rescuing every mudokon. Sadly I wasn't able to get it done in 3 hours. I only realised that there was a trophy for it when I was half-way through the game so I didn't bother restarting it. Happy with how I did on this, though. Very tough game as I said - takes a lot of patience and trial & error.
    I don't know if Soulstorm (Abe's Exoddus remake) is anywhere near close to being done or announced but I hope I hear of it soon, maybe at PSX or Game Awards, I need more of this game.

My only gripe was that I wish I would have been able to play it using the D-Pad, playing it with the analog stick proved very awkward at times.

GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY|PLAYSTATION 4

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

The Darkness 2 and Skyrim for the third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished Darksiders: Warmastered Edition, still as good as the original release and looks damn good on the PS4. Just stared into Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition. Couple of buggy bits so far, not all audio is playing correctly, but still as much fun as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished Puppeteer on PS3. Just thought it was okay at the start and very samey. Thought the different heads would do something to help proceed rather than what they did do. But as the game went on I started to enjoy it. Presentation and script helped it. It was a fun game to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Went and Finished Gravity Rush 2 a few days ago. I had fun but its pretty frustrating that it doesn't really solve any problems of the original Gravity Rush. To understand whats going on in the beginning you also have to watch a 20 minute anime on youtube and it continues to have weird pacing problems for the whole game.

I also tried some of the online functionality since the servers are going. down this month and the photo sharing treasure hunts are actually fantastic and play to the games strenghts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

A few days ago, I finished Portal on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 David_Stone

Last Sunday I finished and complete Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 3 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So far this year…
    Observer
    Hellblade
    Horizon Zero Dawn and the Frozen Wilds
    Knack
    Evil Within 2

Adding:
    The Last Guardian: It's a pretty divisive game and while I enjoyed most of my time with this game and the story unfolds nicely, the controls could be an absolute pain in the hole at times.

Rime: Very gentle game that my attention wobbled on a couple of times but I'm glad I persisted and it ended nicely. Well worth playing in the end but it can be a bit uninteresting at times.

Titanfall2: People talk about it being one of the best FPS campaigns out there. The others must be really crappy because this just alright. It felt like a couple of better games stitched together.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: This seems to get a bit of a bad rep but I enjoyed it for what it is. The main campaign zips along and I did all the optional tombs which definitely gave it more of a flavour of the original Tomb Raider series.

Prey: I found this hard as fook at times and I walked away from it for a while. It's an interesting game with some really interesting missions and storylines even if I think something like Soma handled some the ideas that are in the game a bit better. The ending felt a little flat and disappointing which took a bit of the sheen off of the game for me.

Uncharted - Lost Legacy: It took me a while to get around to this but I didn't feel like rushing to this after the bloated and slightly dull Uncharted 4. I'm glad I played this because it's a definite improvement on UC4 in that it never outstays its welcome. And goddamn, Naughty Dog know how to make a beautiful looking game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So far this year…
    Observer
    Hellblade
    Horizon Zero Dawn and the Frozen Wilds
    Knack
    Evil Within 2
    The Last Guardian
    Rime
    Titanfall2
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Prey
    Uncharted - Lost Legacy

Adding:
    Infamous - Second Son: Forgot I completed this - yikes, not a good sign I admit but the game was a good skit while I was playing. Utter tosh in terms of a storyline but the Infamous games are always good for messing around in when you get yourself powered up a bit.

Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4
    Destiny 2 - PS4
    Hitman - PS4
    Brothers - Xbox one
    Far cry 5 - PS4
    Fifa 18 - PS4

The Turing Test - Xbox One

Sonic Mania Plus' Encore Mode on the Switch.

Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4
    Destiny 2 - PS4
    Hitman - PS4
    Brothers - Xbox one
    Far cry 5 - PS4
    Fifa 18 - PS4

God of War - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Xbox

South Park: Fractured But Whole

Great game really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the combat more in this game than SOT. One thing annoyed me was I kept going around taking selfies and even went out of my way to get some and there wasn't even an achievement for doing so, bit annoyed with that one. Overall a great game. I may get the DLC at a later stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Batman: Then Enemy Within (Telltale Games Season 2)

Have been playing this on and off for almost two months along with a few Vita games

Loved it. The story was great, the twist on the Joker and his relationship to Bruce Wayne was something new, and yet they still managed to nail the character

I feel like TTG also seem to have improved in regards to creating different paths with different characters. Obviously it all has to stay on the rails, so to speak, but it feels like it allows a lot more variety in how you get to the end. Though that might just be my bias in regard to these games :D

While I am looking forward to the final Walking Dead series, it's the next series of The Wolf Among Us that I'm really hyped for

Game|Format
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier|PS4
    South Park: The Fractured But Whole|PS4
    FIFA 18 - The Journey|PS4
    Hidden Agenda|PS4
    Gravity Rush|PS Vita
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss|PS Vita
    Life Is Strange: Before The Storm|PS4
    Batman: The Enemy Within|PS4

• Advertisement

Just completed the original Ratchet & Clank. It was consistently challenging.

I was at the final boss in Ratchet & Clank 3, but I had a tough time fighting it - so I went back to the original after having not played it for a little over 2 months.

Since yesterday

To The Moon - Was a great story to it but I did like
    the hints at the game itself being a memory.
    Then in the second holiday minisode
    Hinted at it being a memory as well

Doki Doki Literature Club - Well that was a tad crazy.
    I just kept going out of curiosity after I reached the "End" so was surprised when there was a lot more to go.

The Room - Nice short puzzle game which I also enjoyed.

And The Room 2 - More of the same with slightly longer rooms.

Right done with PC for now, now to move on to another system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jamesjackso1

Not many tbh, with online multiplayer, it's been a while since I completed a game this year, now I know what to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

La Noire and Max Payne 3.

Max Payne 3 was quite dark, first time playing a game in this series. Decent enough third person shooter with some dark and at times funny dialogue but sometimes I want to explore the level, the game keeps telling me to keep moving forward - 'there was a control room at the corridor to unlock the door'. Does the player really need to be told that?

La Noire - the cases were not that difficult at all to crack. The open world is huge and looks great but quite empty. Still, a pretty solid enough game.

Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4
    Destiny 2 - PS4
    Hitman - PS4
    Brothers - Xbox one
    Far cry 5 - PS4
    Fifa 18 - PS4
    God of War - PS4

Mirrors Edge Catalyst - PS4

Captain Toad on the Wii U. Have some bonus levels to play but may just leave them. Got all gems so happy enough leaving it there,
    Nice simple concept and enjoyable game. Very much a "I'll just play this level then go to bed" (repeat multiple times) game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Finished AER Memories of Old from the April Humble Monthly. Really chill game, I loved how the flying felt. Not a huge world, but it could have done with some map markers or objective list. I buttoned through text too quickly a couple of times and ended up doing objectives out of order. No big deal, just slightly lost in a pretty world.

Probably too close to the dreaded walking simulator for some as there's no combat and the puzzles are somewhat simplistic.

River City Ransom || NES

Went into this game thinking it was a typical brawler like Double Dragon or Streets of Rage and while it definitely does play like one, I had no idea it had RPG elements to it as well.
    Definitely one of the most surprising games I've played to come out of this era.

A lot of backtracking and repetitiveness but I let it slide because of the system it was on. Otherwise I found it very enjoyable.

It took me 5 hours when it probably should have took me way less.

Good game.

GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY|PLAYSTATION 4
    RIVER CITY RANSOM|NES

• Advertisement

The Last Guardian - Enjoyed it. Though it has its flaws, mainly around Trico and the camera.
    Like climbing Trico can be annoying as well as guiding. It can take multiple attempts to tell him where to go so you end up not being sure if you're right.

One thing I noticed which I guess isn't a good sign for how well the game has done si the fact that all the trophies are classed as "Rare" or "Super Rare". Shows that not many people have played the game.

Advertisement