Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Done the tests earlier found them ok

Just made sure I was in a quiet room and went at them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

As far as I remember just the 1 page and CV attached. Have you checked your spam folder? They do say (FAQs) that if you think you should have heard, but haven't, to ring them ... Did you get an initial acknowledgement when you submitted the form online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 De Plank

Yea, got no reply at all, checked and double checked folders and nothing. Emailed them on Wednesday and got no reply.
    Can't get through on phone so left phone message today & awaiting a reply to that ........I though maybe i missed a page or something & wondered is there many more in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 De Plank

lol.... just received this ......"Please note you are receiving this email as you have an @eircom.net email address. It has been brought to our attention that some @eircom.net accounts have not received the below email due to Eircom’s security. If you have already received this email, please ignore. ...now to do the tests :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

De Plank wrote: »
    Yea, got no reply at all, checked and double checked folders and nothing. Emailed them on Wednesday and got no reply.
    Can't get through on phone so left phone message today & awaiting a reply to that ........I though maybe i missed a page or something & wondered is there many more in the same boat.

I was contacted to say I'd got be getting to the next stage as I was 2 months off, having my licence for 5 years. So regardless of getting through or not. You definitely SHOULD have been emailed.

Oh EDIT: Never mind.....

• Advertisement

De Plank wrote: »
    lol.... just received this ......"Please note you are receiving this email as you have an @eircom.net email address. It has been brought to our attention that some @eircom.net accounts have not received the below email due to Eircom’s security. If you have already received this email, please ignore. ...now to do the tests :):)

Glad you got sorted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Did the tests. VR was not as bad as I thought. Messed up the Ability to Concentrate test and started it before I was ready. Quit out of it ASAP. Called this morning and they were able to reset it for me. Hopefully now get the invitation to the assessment centre.

Havn't even looked at link yet. Prob will do it 17th or morning 18th! Are the instructions pretty clear - when you say, pajopearl, that you started it before you were ready - was that just a 'personal delay' or a quirk in the task?

PS - I presume everyone who qualified in terms of having licence more than 5 years was accepted this far? Isn't there another online test - the 'technical' test pre-assessment centre arrangements?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

My other half completed the tests today too. Thought they were fine.
    Tuisginideach, the instructions are pretty clear and they give you a practice before both tests so you will know exactly what you have to do.

Havn't even looked at link yet. Prob will do it 17th or morning 18th! Are the instructions pretty clear - when you say, pajopearl, that you started it before you were ready - was that just a 'personal delay' or a quirk in the task?

That was just a personal delay. Meant to quit out of it and clicked start instead. Thankfully, they reset the test for me this morning.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kerb

Done the 2 tests today found verbal reasoning tough enough only got to 20 questions before time ran out

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BFisher81

Done the test yesterday and also found verbal reasoning difficult. Only got to question 24. Not expecting to get any further at this point.

I only got to 24 or 25

it says at the start your not expected to answer all questions.

If you got them all correct and not complete I would say that would stand to you more !!

Keep the faith

Bazzy wrote: »
    I only got to 24 or 25

it says at the start your not expected to answer all questions.

If you got them all correct and not complete I would say that would stand to you more !!

Keep the faith
    BFisher81 wrote: »
    Done the test yesterday and also found verbal reasoning difficult. Only got to question 24. Not expecting to get any further at this point.
    kerb wrote: »
    Done the 2 tests today found verbal reasoning tough enough only got to 20 questions before time ran out

I think 20-25 well answered questions are far better than flying through them guessing them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

ë

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

magentis wrote: »
    ë

Bravo!

Not good - only got to 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Not good - only got to 17.

Got to 20 odd.....think that is generally ok figure ..to try get as many Correct as you can

So, the next round starts today. If I'm correct in my thinking, those who successfully completed the aptitude tests will be invited to the assessment center and must have the technical test completed by then!? With a cut off point of next Thursday, the 25th!?

pajopearl wrote: »
    So, the next round starts today. If I'm correct in my thinking, those who successfully completed the aptitude tests will be invited to the assessment center and must have the technical test completed by then!? With a cut off point of next Thursday, the 25th!?

What's the technical test? How would you have it completed before being invited to the assessment center..

• Advertisement

technical is like driver theory test - it's online. So is everyone, regardless of how they do on the technical test assessed face to face? That's amazing - people could get that far then without having ever sat in a car (as long as they had a licence for more than 5 years)! That seems like a huge waste of time and resources.

pajopearl wrote: »

Can you post a link confirming this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Michelle2567

It says in the link above, the tests closed on the 17th. My email said the tests had to be completed by 4pm the 18th. Did anyone else get an email with their tests saying the 18th?
    Has anyone heard anything since completing the tests?

It says in the link above, the tests closed on the 17th. My email said the tests had to be completed by 4pm the 18th. Did anyone else get an email with their tests saying the 18th?
    Has anyone heard anything since completing the tests?

I heard nothing. I thonk its a very optimistic timeline anyway with all the interest my number for first tests was over 4000!

Aptitude tests here were for 4pm on 18th too. Number here was in 4000s as was someone else's.

No word here - anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

No word here - anyone hear anything?

Im still waiting as well, hopefully we hear in the next day or so.

Nothing back here yet either

• Advertisement

Got invite to assessment centre in the last few minutes. Link to technical test is in it. Says it's untimed. Says it has to be completed within 40 mins. However, if it's untimed,surely that means someone can have the driver theory test booklet beside them and get the answer before submitting!? Sounds like 40 minutes with unlimited stoppage time to me!?

Advertisement