Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Incidentally, we currently also offer a Niro plug-in hybrid, which also qualifies for a SEAI grant of €5,000 and EV-only range of over 50km.

Its €2500 for a PHEV, isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

KCross wrote: »
    Its €2500 for a PHEV, isnt it?
    The usual case of the dealers (and importer in this case) of not knowing their own products!

That €2500 is not SEAI grant, but VRT relief... SEAI grant for PHEV is also €5000... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This might be a bit of odd question but not sure how to find out, I am looking to find the width of the back seats of the Niro.

I can't see in the brochure of the Niro on Kia website so not sure where else to look;

This might be a bit of odd question but not sure how to find out, I am looking to find the width of the back seats of the Niro.

I can't see in the brochure of the Niro on Kia website so not sure where else to look;

This is a US site and I've seen wrong figures on here for some cars but it will give you an idea and you can compare to other cars...
    https://www.caranddriver.com/kia/niro/specs/2018/niro-plug-in-hybrid-suv

Also, this is the PHEV Niro, I dont think the Niro EV spec is released anywhere yet.

Second Shoulder room is 55 inches

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have the hybrid Niro if you want me to measure the seats?

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    I have the hybrid Niro if you want me to measure the seats?

I wanted to know for a Multimac, I had a chat direct with them and they said it would fit.....

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Shefwedfan baby #4 on the way? :p

unkel wrote: »
    Shefwedfan baby #4 on the way? :p

No chance.....last one isn't even 1 yet:p:p:p

The multimac is 3 seater version but they are trying to sell me the 4 seater for similar cash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

What can stop you? I have a colleague who's sister was born in the same year as her - one is in Jan, the other in December ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭stesaurus

peposhi wrote: »
    What can stop you? I have a colleague who's sister was born in the same year as her - one is in Jan, the other in December ;)

Commonly referred to as Irish twins!

• Advertisement

I bet their mother was crying for months when #2 was on the way (and #1 was only 2 months old) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

peposhi wrote: »

I was born in Jan and my brother in Nov of the same year. I guess the wasn't much on TV in the 70s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,064 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ha, just looked at the Thread for updates, cripes it has taken a side road, Irish Twins. In the wrong Forum, I'd say.

Water John wrote: »
    Ha, just looked at the Thread for updates, cripes it has taken a side road, Irish Twins. In the wrong Forum, I'd say.

The update is to have more babies :P:P:P:P:P

Kia_Niro_EV_Concept-01@2x.jpg

60kWh, 345km real range, 200bhp, 0-100km/h in 8s. A bit under €35k on the road, I'd estimate. This will be very popular here

At concept stage, so not the final design. But pre-production models have been seen on the road. This article is certain it will be available this year, but I'd say we won't see any in Ireland until 191

Linky

Almost certain this will be my next car. BMW not bringing anything interesting out, Model 3 still doubtful on timeframes and Audi/Jag just overpriced in general.

Nissan wouldn't fill me with confidence after the battery cooling issues.

Then in terms of the Koreans the Niro is much more of a looker than the Kona and is bigger in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Something wrong with the other multi page thread about this? :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057828054

And you spelled it wrong unkel.... its a Niro, not a Nero. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

stesaurus wrote: »
    Almost certain this will be my next car. BMW not bringing anything interesting out, Model 3 still doubtful on timeframes and Audi/Jag just overpriced in general.

Nissan wouldn't fill me with confidence after the battery cooling issues.

Then in terms of the Koreans the Niro is much more of a looker than the Kona and is bigger in general.

I don't know, there was a black kona behind me on my drive home during the week and it looked quite menacing with the blacked out grill and narrow led headlights. Given the front of the EV will not have a grille it might look a bit more bland. Would like to see the Kona EV in black

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

I don't know, there was a black kona behind me on my drive home during the week and it looked quite menacing with the blacked out grill and narrow led headlights. Given the front of the EV will not have a grille it might look a bit more bland. Would like to see the Kona EV in black

I like the 'Dark Night' grey, seems to blend well with the plastic exterior trim.

I think this is the same colour in the press renders:
    https://i.imgur.com/QlnMDeA.png

• Advertisement

It's the huge cheap ass plastic wheel arches which just make it look like a Captur to me.

It's definitely spacious, sat in the Hybrid in the carlow dealer last year, cheap inside but probably the trim, it wasn't the nicest thing inside but I like the look on the outside.

Hard to believe the Kona is Juke sized, is the Niro really that much bigger ?

Shame it's only got 7 Kw AC.

How much is it ? V hybrid V petrol ?

Is it a case like the Renault Zoe where people will see it like the Clio and not pay near 30 K when they can get the petrol for 15 K which is by far the most popular engine choice in the clio.

Is the fact it's electric to win the hearts of Irish drivers ?

Difference beteen the Kona according to the site, interesting.

No price difference
    30 mi more range
    5% faster acceleration
    7% more energy efficient
    14% slower rapid charging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

stesaurus wrote: »
    It's the huge cheap ass plastic wheel arches which just make it look like a Captur to me.

Oh yeah I hadn't seen that. The side profile is a bit me now that I look at it

No price difference
    30 mi more range
    5% faster acceleration
    7% more energy efficient

Where you see these specs?

In the link at post 1.

No price difference
    30 mi more range
    5% faster acceleration
    7% more energy efficient

I would have expected the opposite.

The Kona to have better range and faster due to it been a smaller vehicle

Or am I getting the comparison wrong?

I would have expected the opposite.

The Kona to have better range and faster due to it been a smaller vehicle

Or am I getting the comparison wrong?

Yeas you're reading it wrong, it's making a comparison to the Kona.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

In the link at post 1.

Link now at post 106 ( due to thread merge)

• Advertisement

I keep looking at the Kona thread and some of the stuff seems very good.....

Very little coming out on Niro from what I can see? anyone see anything?

The Niro I can really see as the eGolf replacement

Advertisement