Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It’s the one thing we didn’t want to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

5 wickets already seems like a bad thing...?
    clearly. Its 6 wickets now. Shame

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

5 wickets already seems like a bad thing...?

Yes, 24-5 is terrible.

Ireland need their weak batsmen to run up a score now. A lot of the time the guys at the arse end of the batting order cannot really bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

awec wrote: »
    Yes, 24-5 is terrible.

Ireland need their weak batmsen to run up a score now.

24-6 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭b.gud

We're 38/9 now so am I right in saying that if we don't get 144 runs from the final 2 batters we lose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Yeah game over. Pretty embarrassing in the second innings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What on earth happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Podge_irl wrote: »
    What on earth happened?

In cricketing parlance it was known as "a collapse".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Putting together two solid batting innings, and two solid bowling innings, is brutally difficult. The level of concentration alone needed to stay task focused for several straight days are insane. Add in the physical effort, impact of the heat, etc. Cliche as it may be, but this is why it's called "test" cricket.

Oh yeah, and England are just miles better than Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I hope this weekend of hurling can match last year's.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,728 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Epic battle here between the treaty and the cats

The cats are back baby

Ever since they changed the writers on the hurling a few years back its been the best show on TV

Ever since they changed the writers on the hurling a few years back its been the best show on TV

Could do with a major overhaul of the writers on that other spin off "the football".... Tis gone stale and boring.

I hope this weekend of hurling can match last year's.

Well the first game delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Didn't think I could have any more respect for Cody but if he can win an all Ireland with this ordinary kk side it'll be his greatest ever achievement. And that's after winning in 12,14 and 15 when they were well past their 00s pomp. No-one does intensity and self belief like them

I'm beginning to think TJ Reid is the greatest hurler I've seen. They may aswell give him POTY again already

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd love Wexford to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

jr86 wrote: »
    Didn't think I could have any more respect for Cody but if he can win an all Ireland with this ordinary kk side it'll be his greatest ever achievement. And that's after winning in 12,14 and 15 when they were well past their 00s pomp. No-one does intensity and self belief like them

Cody the best manager I've seen in sport tbh. This team is fierce average but he's brought on lads like Leahy and Lawlor on big in just a few months.

Hope Wexford murder Tipp.

200mph start to this.

50,000 in attendance for Wexford is pretty insane. Huge support.

• Advertisement

Callinan makes it a 7th consecutive games with a goal from play and this brilliant game just went up a notch.

What a game!!

Hurling. Nothing like it.

KK vs Tipp will be a mouth watering final. Two teams looking forward to a repeat of the 2016 final with neither side making the final since.

What could beat that

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Hey lads, quick q. I'm in the process of moving house and I get to finally get a new TV package since my old contract expired. Would anyone have recommendations for what to get in terms of being able to watch HD rugby with a focus on Leinster and Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

TCPIP wrote: »
    Hey lads, quick q. I'm in the process of moving house and I get to finally get a new TV package since my old contract expired. Would anyone have recommendations for what to get in terms of being able to watch HD rugby with a focus on Leinster and Ireland?

Do you want to watch the majority of Leinster matches or are you mostly interested in European? Or everything? The vast majority of Ireland games will be on free to air TV. For Leinster Eir have the rights to the league and BT have the rights to European rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭b.gud

TCPIP wrote: »

Leinster Pro14 games are, primarily, on Eir Sports so you need Eir TV or Eir broadband and Sky to watch those
    Their Champions Cup games are on BT Sport so you need Sky TV to be able to watch those

Ireland autumn Internationals are on RTE so you will be able to watch those with a free to air terestrial aerial
    The 6 nations is on Virgin Media, this should be available on free to air terestrial but not sure if its in HD so to be safe you'll need virgin media for the Irish coverage. If you're happy with English coverage you can get the 6 nations free with a satellite connection

This year there's also the world Cup which is on Eir with the Irish games also on terestrial tv

So in summary just get a connection to all the services :)

• TCPIP wrote: »

Get a chromecast and cast streams to your TV. Quality is pretty decent with rugbypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Bazzo wrote: »
    Do you want to watch the majority of Leinster matches or are you mostly interested in European? Or everything? The vast majority of Ireland games will be on free to air TV. For Leinster Eir have the rights to the league and BT have the rights to European rugby.

Everything tbh. There'll also be some Munster watching but Leinster are the focus.
    b.gud wrote: »
    Leinster Pro14 games are, primarily, on Eir Sports so you need Eir TV or Eir broadband and Sky to watch those
    Their Champions Cup games are on BT Sport so you need Sky TV to be able to watch those

Ireland autumn Internationals are on RTE so you will be able to watch those with a free to air terestrial aerial
    The 6 nations is on Virgin Media, this should be available on free to air terestrial but not sure if its in HD so to be safe you'll need virgin media for the Irish coverage. If you're happy with English coverage you can get the 6 nations free with a satellite connection

This year there's also the world Cup which is on Eir with the Irish games also on terestrial tv

So in summary just get a connection to all the services :)

The fracturing of these rights are just the biggest pain. Why can't I just pay the competition's directly ffs?
    Get a chromecast and cast streams to your TV. Quality is pretty decent with rugbypass.

That's very tempting tbh. Does it work with Apple TV? My other issue is I'd be worried about general lag or buffering you know?

Edit: http://live.rugbypass.com/appletv/

Well that's that sorted so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Under no circumstances go with virgin. You will be given the Horizon box. This is the greatest piece of junk to ever have been released to the general public. Seriously whatever you do make sure you avoid this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement