Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Fantastic Superbowl....even if I did throw in the towel at half time. I was convinced that the Patriots would come back and close it out. Massive balls from the Eagles and Foles to come from behind in the 4th to get the job done.

The catch from AJ for the first TD was one of the best catches of the season.

Foles can now go somewhere for a stupid contract, far above his talent level and retire in a few years with an extra $25m in the bank all based on the past 6 weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I am all up for heading to an Eagles game dressed up as NFL fans and doing a ridiculous barbecue before the game while doing this a lot:

Also would need to shout "Woo yeah!" a lot

Preferably a game against Leinster A in Donnybrook in order to cut down on travel

Except you'd have some D4 harridan with a name like Fionnuala O'Carroll-Kelly calling the Gords and scolding you for having an unlicensed outdoor barbecue, and the smoke ruining her 6 million thread Egyptian cotton sheets that Mariana, the Filipino maid, had just hung out to dry.

Whereas if you came to Galway Fiona would be out to join you with a bottle of Bucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    Fantastic Superbowl....even if I did throw in the towel at half time. I was convinced that the Patriots would come back and close it out. Massive balls from the Eagles and Foles to come from behind in the 4th to get the job done.

The catch from AJ for the first TD was one of the best catches of the season.

Foles can now go somewhere for a stupid contract, far above his talent level and retire in a few years with an extra $25m in the bank all based on the past 6 weeks.

The Bears let Jeffrey walk out the door last year. Watching him have an MVP level first half was sad.

The Eagles have Foles under contract next year. They'll get a decent trade offer for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The Bears let Jeffrey walk out the door last year. Watching him have an MVP level first half was sad.

It would have taken big money to keep him and his overall performances this season have been good but not great despite having Wentz throwing him the ball. He didn't have a single game this season where he had over 100 receiving yards. He had a near identical season to Agholor.

He secured himself a big contract in December but I bet he wish he was only sitting down to negotiate now after the playoff run he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    It would have taken big money to keep him and his overall performances this season have been good but not great despite having Wentz throwing him the ball. He didn't have a single game this season where he had over 100 receiving yards. He had a near identical season to Agholor.

He secured himself a big contract in December but I bet he wish he was only sitting down to negotiate now after the playoff run he had.

It's more so that the Bears have one of the worst receiving corps in the league. They have cap room.

As for the game in general while it was entertaining the complete absence of defensive plays/stops actually made the game a bit on the farcical side. The Eagles D in particular will be very disappointed as unlike the Pats they had a good reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Sound cancelling headphones are my new favourite things

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Welcome to an expensive world. I am jealous of people who are content with cheaper headphones. I can never go back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

errlloyd wrote: »
    Welcome to an expensive world. I am jealous of people who are content with cheaper headphones. I can never go back.

I've nearly been hit by a car 4 times. They're a deductable expense

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I picked up a pair of Sony MDR-ZX770N with the active noise cancelling for the office. Strongly contemplating getting the Bose QuietComforts but just can't bring myself to spend that much money.

Makes a huge difference not having to listen to all the chatter around you though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have the Quiet Comfort 25s. They are unbelievably good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »

I just googled

The price :eek:

Stheno wrote: »
    I just googled

The price :eek:

They are a lot cheaper now than when I got them about 2 years ago.

35s are the newer model, they’re wireless.

They're the ones I got unreal!!!

They're the ones I got unreal!!!
    I want to upgrade to the QC35s but apparently I need to keep some money to spend on baby stuff or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I want to upgrade to the QC35s but apparently I need to keep some money to spend on baby stuff or something.

Tell the missus you need them to cancel out the sound of the baby so you'll have some peace and quiet.

That's bound to work.

I couldn't justify that cost, sure the baby will get you a tax break do it'll all even out

I couldn't justify that cost, sure the baby will get you a tax break do it'll all even out

The what now?! Tell me more about this tax break...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Zzippy wrote: »

Children's allowance I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Zzippy wrote: »

"Dicky Day"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Today's word of the day is "cerebrate" -

verb
    1. to use the mind; think or think about.

Which is weird, because I thought it was what the Japanese do when they score a try :pac:

• Advertisement

"Dicky Day"

Mickey money?

By the way, the morning of the Irish Welsh match there is a treat on TV.

I was browsing through the winter olympics schedule, and they've added a sport called mass start speed skating. 24 people all speed skating around the same track. They've trialed it twice at junior events and it was absolute carnage. I highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

errlloyd wrote: »

I was browsing through the winter olympics schedule, and they've added a sport called mass start speed skating. 24 people all speed skating around the same track. They've trialed it twice at junior events and it was absolute carnage. I highly recommend.

What time? Is it at an appropriate time for drinking games?

What time? Is it at an appropriate time for drinking games?

You get 6 races. 2 Semis and Final for each of women and men. Starts at 11am and the last race kicks off at 1pm Irish time.

So yeah, ideal drinking game territory.

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/game-time/results/OWG2018/en/speed-skating/daily-schedule-date=2018-02-24.htm

• errlloyd wrote: »

After spending the day on the beer in college a bunch of us sat back for shots and 'Dog Long jump'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

After spending the day on the beer in college a bunch of us sat back for shots and 'Dog Long jump'
    You'd have to be pissed to even start watching that. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I see Kim Jong Trump wants to hold a tremendous, great, big military parade. That should be nice and uncomfortable for the armed services. :D

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I see Kim Jong Trump wants to hold a tremendous, great, big military parade. That should be nice and uncomfortable for the armed services. :D

Didn't he want that for his inauguration last year but the roads in DC weren't able to take the weight of the tanks etc? Remember hearing something along those lines...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Military parades in the streets you say?

LUVjbXX%2B%25281%2529.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Is it just me or does a military parade when not commemorating an event not feel very ... authoritarian?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement